Zone1 Miracle in Missouri...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
I'm not Catholic, but it's an interesting article. I'd never heard of this tradition...

Screenshot_20230522-121152-549.png

"Hundreds of pilgrims have descended on a Benedictine monastery for religious sisters in rural Missouri in recent days after news began to spread on social media last week that the recently exhumed remains of the contemplative order’s African American foundress appear to be incorrupt, four years after her death and burial in a simple wooden coffin.

Sister Wilhelmina Lancaster, OSB, founded the Benedictine Sisters of Mary, Queen of the Apostles — best known for their chart-topping Gregorian chant and classic Catholic hymn albums — in 1995 at the age of 70, leaving the Oblate Sisters of Providence, her community of over 50 years, to do so."

Even with normal embalming the body should have been mostly bones.

Expecting to find bones, the Benedictine Sisters instead unearthed a coffin with an apparently intact body, even though the body was not embalmed and the wooden coffin had a crack down the middle that let in moisture and dirt for an unknown length of time during those four years.

wow, that's amazing. The body wasn't embalmed? I thought all dead bodies were?!

Forum List

Back