For Ropey: U.S. Genocide in the Philippines

Re-posted from the thread that brought this one about:

Since the OP likes to hijack, I thought I would as well. :p

He also conveniently forgets that during WWII the Turks allowed Jewish people fleeing Europe to come to Istanbul...and if they chose..to have safe passage to Palestine.

Like so many others, ol' Ropey has a dagger ready for the back of Turkey.

Turkey, if memory serves me well was a serious conduit for Jews running for their lives. As was Holland.

Now though there is a serious problem with uber conservative Islamists who want to literally take out the moderates.

It's a time bomb I've been watching for some time.

And since they won't admit their genocide. And since they are not the secularists they once were and now move to fundamentalist ideological Islam and are changing their constitution to allow for greater Islamic fundamentalism control.

I say watch them well lest they repeat on the Kurds. Israel? We are too far away from Turkeys border. It's about genocide. Not Jews. Not Israel. Genocide.

It's about flotillas.

It's about flotillas.

^^ To you it is. :razz:

Flotillas will change nothing. Look at what's happened to the vaunted flotilla...

]
FIP7.4.05BMG124FlotillaDeBarge.jpg

Flotilla Debarge | MO's Universe

You would like to compare the flotillas with Genocide...

Gaza flotilla all but over as most activists return home

A few dozen activists remain in Athens to fight for the release of the ships, a sharp drop from the 350 who arrived there in June.

Gaza Flotilla Winds Down As Debate Gets Underway - Creve Coeur, MO Patch

Israelis say UN report on Gaza flotilla to appear soon

Israelis say U.N. report on Gaza flotilla to appear soon | Reuters

It's about Genocide, not flotillas.

America has done some really really really vile things. Ignoring them..or watering them down, makes us look like hypocrites and devalues our leadership role in the world as the gold standard in respect for human rights.

If you hate it here so much, please get the fuck out and stay out.

I'm sure you'd be much happier in China or Cuba.

America has done some really really really vile things. Ignoring them..or watering them down, makes us look like hypocrites and devalues our leadership role in the world as the gold standard in respect for human rights.

These two are still trying to tell me that challenging my motives for creating a post is fine.

I guess it is when you can't challenge the facts and just try and shoot the messenger with an empty gun. That's rather low brow thinking to my view.

At that time everyone was doing it, and it was seen as morally acceptable. Again I dont see the genocide in this, even an attempt. The removal or elimination of the fillipino population was never a goal.

American Imperialism was far from the worst brand. The dutch and germans were notorious for being complete assholes when running thier colonies.

The Philippines is not a very big place..so you don't see the elimination of large chunk of the population of the Island as genocide?

How about the American Indians? Introducing scarlet fever by giving them infected blankets..an attempt at genocide?

Some moron in this thread tries to offset the blame of slavery by pointing out that it was the British that started it..yeah..that works for about the first several decades..what about the rest of the century or so..America, responsible or not?

Germans lost large chunks of thier population in WWI, same as the ruskies, was that genocide?

Nope.

That went over your head. No surprise here..though.

And this is my country. Quite happy where I am.

and you are interested in throwing a NATO ally under the bus.

Everything what concerns the Armenians is a non-issue in view of the developments in the world and where the world and it's changing power-balance is headed towards to. Especially in the region around Turkey. Why want to fight and minimize your already declining influence around here?
Just to placate some special interest groups who are trying to use the USA to stick it to Turkey?

Every action has it's consequences.
And at the end of the day, no matter what some disloyal Politicians are trying to do, it is not going to happen, that the establishment in USA will come up with policies which will push Turkey to go it all alone with it's surrounding Muslim region (decoupled from the Transatlantic) or integrate into rising Asia to oppose Transatlantic.

So you have to think, who really "gets thrown under the bus" if some avoidable actions take place.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos

He also conveniently forgets that during WWII the Turks allowed Jewish people fleeing Europe to come to Istanbul...and if they chose..to have safe passage to Palestine.

Like so many others, ol' Ropey has a dagger ready for the back of Turkey.

Turkey, if memory serves me well was a serious conduit for Jews running for their lives. As was Holland.

Now though there is a serious problem with uber conservative Islamists who want to literally take out the moderates.

And since they won't admit their genocide. And since they are not the secularists they once were and now move to fundamentalist ideological Islam and are changing their constitution to allow for greater Islamic fundamentalism control.

I say watch them well lest they repeat on the Kurds. Israel? We are too far away from Turkeys border. It's about genocide. Not Jews. Not Israel. Genocide.

Not fighting. Not warring.

GENOCIDE:

The systematic attempt to end a people in an arena.

My view and that's all there is. :)

Bears repeating.

GENOCIDE:

Bears repeating.

You can "repeat" it all you want. Asymetrical war, for the most part, is a form of genocide. When people have no real plausible way to defend themselves for a much bigger and better equipped military..and they've done nothing aggressive to warrant in invasion.

That's a crime. And if it kills millions..that's a genocide.

GENOCIDE:

Bears repeating.

You can "repeat" it all you want. Asymetrical war, for the most part, is a form of genocide. When people have no real plausible way to defend themselves for a much bigger and better equipped military..and they've done nothing aggressive to warrant in invasion.

That's a crime. And if it kills millions..that's a genocide.

I will and Turkey genocided the Armenians regardless of your futile attempts to minimize what they did. They did not war on the Armenians. They slaughtered them and removed them ENTIRELY from Anatolian Turkey.

That's GENOCIDE !

GENOCIDE:

Bears repeating.

And these genocidal Turks are doing the Kurds in as I type this. This is why they won't stand to what they did. They want to continue to repeat it on the Kurds

Forum List

Back