For my fellow Conservatives (Palin interview may backfire)

I think that it was horrible for Charlie Gibson to pick on this poor defenseless little lady the way he did!

:tongue:

For my fellow Conservatives (Palin interview may backfire)

Sounds like either wishful thinking on your part, or flat out hyper partisan lying.

If this interview was in any way advantageous to McCain/Palin and their poll numbers, they'd be lining up Palin to do all the Network interview shows.

The fact that after the Gibson interview, they decided to shuffle her off to do Sean Hannity's show and evidently stay on the rightwing chitlin circuit, tells you all you need to know about how the McCain camp viewed this performance.

I must ask, Chris, sir (or madam, whatever the case may be), what is this hang-up about the way words are pronounced, and accents?

I have no way of knowing this for a certainty, because I'm deaf, but I have the impression "nuclear" (and many other words) has been pronounced about sixty different ways.

I also have the impression many of the most remarkable political leaders have had significant idiosyncrasies in their speech.

And I imagine (again, without really knowing for sure) the much-adored senior U.S. Senator, and other politicians, from Massachusetts make a slaughterhouse out of the English language.

It seems to me, if I could hear, I find would accents and differences in the pronunciation of words a source of interest and fascination, rather than denigration.

But that's just me; I must possess a, uh, extraordinary level of tolerance and respect for diversity. I dunno.

Iran is a grave threat?

Is that why Bush set up a Shia government in Iraq allied with Iran?
Iraqi legislative election, January 2005 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
On January 30, 2005, Legislative elections, the Iraqi people chose representatives for the newly-formed 275-member Iraqi National Assembly. The voting represented the first general election since the United States-led 2003 invasion of Iraq, and marked an important step in the transition of turning control of the country over from United States occupation forces to the Iraqis themselves.

Actually we allowed Iraqis to pick their own leaders....:cuckoo:

I must ask, Chris, sir (or madam, whatever the case may be), what is this hang-up about the way words are pronounced, and accents?
He's got a hang-up with elitism and hatred of the military. We have a Harvard educated candidate vs. some old Navy pilot. Any way to denigrate the GOP ticket is fair game with these types.

Forum List

Back