For friends of "Cecil"-

9thIDdoc

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2011
I recently was spoken about harshly on this site because of my statement that I had no sympathy for "Cecil" the lion. I recommend this article for those of you living in Fantasy Land who wish a taste of reality:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/05/opinion/in-zimbabwe-we-dont-cry-for-lions.html?_r=2
Excerpts:

In Zimbabwe, We Don’t Cry for Lions
In my village in Zimbabwe, surrounded by wildlife conservation areas, no lion has ever been beloved, or granted an affectionate nickname. They are objects of terror.
Did Cecil live near your place in Zimbabwe?

Cecil who? I wondered. When I turned on the news and discovered that the messages were about a lion killed by an American dentist, the village boy inside me instinctively cheered: One lion fewer to menace families like mine.

My excitement was doused when I realized that the lion killer was being painted as the villain. I faced the starkest cultural contradiction I’d experienced during my five years studying in the United States.

Did all those Americans signing petitions understand that lions actually kill people? That all the talk about Cecil being “beloved” or a “local favorite” was media hype? Did Jimmy Kimmel choke up because Cecil was murdered or because he confused him with Simba from “The Lion King”?

BTW: I told you so!

I'm a hunter, (crossbow.....rifles are for pussies) but I'm against "trophy" hunting.

Last edited:
SO you'd drive them to extinction....Is that what you wish?

They will sooner or later become extinct but not because of any wish of mine. Ever hear of "survival of the fittest"? They simply require too much room to exist. Evolution didn't stop when man came along. It's just the real face of Nature.

I'm a hunter, (crossbow.....rifles are for pussies) but I'm against "trophy" hunting.

I hunt exclusively with a long bow. Cross bows are for fags! I even bird hunt with a fucking long bow. I cut down my own fucking tree - that I grew - with my homemade axe. Then I carve that son of a bitch with a knife I made from the bone of a black bear, that I killed with my bare hands and teeth. I carve that fucker down until I have the perfect bow. That's how I roll! Anything short of this is not hunting. It is faggy roller skating. Fuck that!

Such hypocrisy.

If you are against trophy hunting you aren't a hunter. Simply because you cannot in this day and age be hunting for sustinence. If you hunt, you are hunting for sport. Period.

I am a hunter, even though I can buy pork from Publix, I hunt for the fun of it. I hope to take a trophy pig some day.

I recently was spoken about harshly on this site because of my statement that I had no sympathy for "Cecil" the lion. I recommend this article for those of you living in Fantasy Land who wish a taste of reality:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/05/opinion/in-zimbabwe-we-dont-cry-for-lions.html?_r=2
Excerpts:

In Zimbabwe, We Don’t Cry for Lions
In my village in Zimbabwe, surrounded by wildlife conservation areas, no lion has ever been beloved, or granted an affectionate nickname. They are objects of terror.
Did Cecil live near your place in Zimbabwe?

Cecil who? I wondered. When I turned on the news and discovered that the messages were about a lion killed by an American dentist, the village boy inside me instinctively cheered: One lion fewer to menace families like mine.

My excitement was doused when I realized that the lion killer was being painted as the villain. I faced the starkest cultural contradiction I’d experienced during my five years studying in the United States.

Did all those Americans signing petitions understand that lions actually kill people? That all the talk about Cecil being “beloved” or a “local favorite” was media hype? Did Jimmy Kimmel choke up because Cecil was murdered or because he confused him with Simba from “The Lion King”?

BTW: I told you so!

One person's opinion doesn't mean you told anybody anything.
It wasn't just the fact that it was a trophy hunt by yet another arrogant, self-entitled American, but it was an illegal one, too.
Even the fucking dentist admitted wrong-doing, albeit blaming others.
So keep scratching and sniffing, I'm sure you'll be able to find another OP/Ed piece to concur with your non-findings.

Such hypocrisy.

If you are against trophy hunting you aren't a hunter. Simply because you cannot in this day and age be hunting for sustinence. If you hunt, you are hunting for sport. Period.

I am a hunter, even though I can buy pork from Publix, I hunt for the fun of it. I hope to take a trophy pig some day.

You did already, I think you called it your wedding day.

I hunt exclusively with a long bow. Cross bows are for fags! I even bird hunt with a fucking long bow. I cut down my own fucking tree - that I grew - with my homemade axe. Then I carve that son of a bitch with a knife I made from the bone of a black bear, that I killed with my bare hands and teeth. I carve that fucker down until I have the perfect bow. That's how I roll! Anything short of this is not hunting. It is faggy roller skating. Fuck that!
:blahblah:

"One person's opinion doesn't mean you told anybody anything."

Opinions are what we're discussing and I did indeed tell mine.

Cecil would have eaten you for dinner with no remorse.
This world is so sick we care more for animals than humans.... pitiful........

I would kill 50 animals of endangered species to save one human life.
Priorities!

"Earth should be off limits. Far to important to live and oursurvival".

Now that's just silly; if anything lions can be highly detrimental to the survival of people.

It gave me wood just reading this.

Such hypocrisy.

You did already, I think you called it your wedding day.

Not bad.

It gave me wood just reading this.

Figures. You two should get a room.

Forum List

Back