Food prices - part 2

Hell, try finding jalapeno peppers and tortillas these days. I live in a small town of 5k population and the only grocery store is the Walmart. Damned illegals have been showing up here like crazy and buying up the jalapenos and tortillas. I shit you not.

Yeah, even around the DFW metro area where I live, during the Chinese New Year and Mexican holidays, the stores run out of things Asians and Mexicans use for making food.

They are like a plague of locusts.

Yeah, even around the DFW metro area where I live, during the Chinese New Year and Mexican holidays, the stores run out of things Asians and Mexicans use for making food.

I don't eat peppers much but maybe I need to grow some in my big garden for my neighbors. I don't think our tiny grocery store carries anything but bell peppers.

Time to go to the nursery.

Again.

Americans are hurting but there isn't much interest in the elitist mainstream media. Therefore there won't be much outrage in the democrat media propaganda outlets until Americans are on soup lines,.

I don't eat peppers much but maybe I need to grow some in my big garden for my neighbors. I don't think our tiny grocery store carries anything but bell peppers.

Time to go to the nursery.

Again.

Why don't you grow for your little store?
Jalapenos, Banana peppers, and chile peppers are the most popular down here.

Make a little cash.

Better yet, grow em fresh during the spring and summer, and then home jar them in the fall for sale during the winter.

If you are so inclined.

A lot of "brand" grocery stores here in Texas will take fresh produce from Texas farmers and growers of all sizes, as long as you are a registered business.

Food prices are STILL going UP and UP and UP!
I mean, the Nazicrats are LITERALLY trying to starve people to DEATH!

Every time I go to the store, I see peoples carts with less and less in them. Mostly just the expensive staples.......meat, dairy, veggies.
I have NOT seen an empty shelf of food products since Cmas last year!

And I know I commented in my other food price post that the store I shop at was continually having BOGO and "buy 2 get 3 free" sales.....and they still are! Food has gotten so expensive now, and prices STILL going up and up every month............that even the "off" stores like penny saver stores and Big Lots that usually have continuous empty shelves, have had full racks and shelves since January this year!!!

Why? Because nobody is buying "snack" foods anymore. In order to buy that $10 pound of ground beef, they have to give up the potato chips, cookies, and snack crackers. I got FOUR large boxes of CheezIt snack crackers in different flavors last month, because nobody is buying them at $6 a box!!! The store had them on sale for FOUR boxes for $8!!!! Thats $2 per box!!!! So........WHY can't they just lower the price to $2 a box for regular price and make money selling them again????? Stupid.

Eggs have come down to $2 a dozen, which ain't bad, but the egg section is still always full since the egg "crisis" when nobody was buying.

But everything else is going up.

Frozen dinners, even the CHEAP ones that used to be .99 cents for YEARS and YEARS and YEARS are now at the $5 mark!!!
Store brand ice cream has gone from $2.99 per half gallon last summer, to $6 per half gallon THIS year!!! Potato chips are the same!

In fact, the store has done away with most of the store brand foods in favor of just selling the most expensive brands. Another reason people are buying less and less.

Frozen Green Giant veggies went from 3 bags for $5 last year to 2 bags for $6 this year!!

Even in a self-sufficient state like Texas, food prices should NOT be going UP and UP and UP!
And yet, they continue to go up MONTHLY!!!

Get wise and do like the Left does.
  1. Qualify for welfare and buy it all free on food stamps.
  2. Load your carts full then rush the door, throw the buggies in the back of a waiting PU and flee!
  3. Get a government job working in Washington where everyone is paid $126,000 for a job that otherwise only pays $26,000 to everyone else so you don't need to care.

Wow. Even when I lived in Irving for 25 years, I never had trouble finding tortillas. Ya'll must really be overrun.

Jalapenos don't grow very well in this far north climate. I have a tortilla press somewhere in the garage, but making tortillas is women's work.

:laughing0301:

I'm going to try the jalapenos. I'm in southeastern SD and we get a shortish growing season but it's hot.

Does wifey not cook? If I could eat them, I think tortillas would be fun to make.

Jalapenos don't grow very well in this far north climate. I have a tortilla press somewhere in the garage, but making tortillas is women's work.

:laughing0301:

I've made tortillas before. Worked in a fast food TexMex place and made daily fresh tortillas............flour and corn.

They are simple and easy to make. And because they are fresh, you can freeze them.

Find you a Mexican or Cuban grandma that makes stuff from home. Pay her to make you a bunch to put in the freezer.

Wow. Even when I lived in Irving for 25 years, I never had trouble finding tortillas. Ya'll must really be overrun.

With the ZILLIONS of invading cockroaches over the past 4 years...........yeah.

They eat everything in sight, steal it, kill it, rape it, or drug it..........or all the above.

Irving has been run over by the Muslims. And your'e lucky if they don't run YOU over! They don't stop for ANYTHING or ANYBODY and the fucking city/police will NOT do anything to them!!

Why don't you grow for your little store?
Jalapenos, Banana peppers, and chile peppers are the most popular down here.

Make a little cash.

Better yet, grow em fresh during the spring and summer, and then home jar them in the fall for sale during the winter.

If you are so inclined.

A lot of "brand" grocery stores here in Texas will take fresh produce from Texas farmers and growers of all sizes, as long as you are a registered business.

Hmmmmm.

You're right! My little store does buy produce from home gardeners and local farmers! Thanks for a great idea!

I'm quite the canner too.

Get wise and do like the Left does.
  1. Qualify for welfare and buy it all free on food stamps.
  2. Load your carts full then rush the door, throw the buggies in the back of a waiting PU and flee!
  3. Get a government job working in Washington where everyone is paid $126,000 for a job that otherwise only pays $26,000 to everyone else so you don't need to care.

I was right behind some fat white bitch with three multi-colored kids just yesterday at Walmart. She spent about $350 and paid for it with a SNAP card. I know that because the cashier asked her to run her SNAP card through the reader again.

With the ZILLIONS of invading cockroaches over the past 4 years...........yeah.

They eat everything in sight, steal it, kill it, rape it, or drug it..........or all the above.

Irving has been run over by the Muslims. And your'e lucky if they don't run YOU over! They don't stop for ANYTHING or ANYBODY and the fucking city/police will NOT do anything to them!!

Hurricane Katrina did that too. Irving was a nice town before Katrina hit New Orleans. Then we inherited a shitload of people from there and before you knew it, there were crack heads all over the place.

Always grow what is in season and what is an easy seller.

Peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, zuccini, squash, asparagus...........

I got such a late start this year and I'm still adapting from gardening in Western Washington, so I have a lot to learn. Our season is so much later starting here.

I'm going to try the jalapenos. I'm in southeastern SD and we get a shortish growing season but it's hot.

Does wifey not cook? If I could eat them, I think tortillas would be fun to make.

We share cooking detail, but now she's on a special diet because of diabetes and marginally-high blood pressures.

You can grow them. Start the seeds indoors in Jiffy Pots in March under artificial light then transplant them outside in June once they are grown enough and it has warmed up in a loose, rich soil and you'll do fine.

I got such a late start this year and I'm still adapting from gardening in Western Washington, so I have a lot to learn. Our season is so much later starting here.

Well, if you have a garage you don't park in, you can set that up during the winter to grow indoor peppers and squash.
My granny grew peppers and aloe vera on the porch, the kitchen window sills, the back porch, and even in the living room.

I mean, seriously........if you want to make a little side cash....... peppers of any type will grow in anywhere. All they want is some light and a little warmth. They really aren't picky at all.

Forum List

Back