Floridians Pissed: Clinton Pushed Black Candidate To Get Out Of Race!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by USArmyRetired, Oct 28, 2010.

1. USArmyRetired

USArmyRetired BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +346
    Bill Clinton is in trouble and this time Floridians are upset because he tried to get a black candidate to quit the race so Christ could win. I think this will not go over well with minorities and that this will reflect in the polls on Nov 2nd. What gets me is the nations first black president throws a hail mary by asking the only black candidate in the race to drop out.

Read more: Bill Clinton pushed Kendrick Meek to quit Florida race - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

Bill Clinton sought to persuade Rep. Kendrick Meek to drop out of the race for Senate during a trip to Florida last week — and nearly succeeded.

Meek agreed — twice — to drop out and endorse Gov. Charlie Crist’s independent bid in a last-ditch effort to stop Marco Rubio, the Republican nominee who stands on the cusp of national stardom.

Meek, a staunch Clinton ally from Miami, has failed to broaden his appeal around the state and is mired in third place in most public polls, with a survey today showing him with just 15 percent of the vote. His withdrawal, polls suggest, would throw core Democratic voters to the moderate governor, rocking a complicated three-way contest and likely throwing the election to Crist.

The former president’s top aide, Doug Band, initially served as the intermediary between Meek and Crist, and Clinton became involved only when Meek signaled that he would seriously consider the option, Clinton spokesman Matt McKenna confirmed to POLITICO.

“The argument was: ‘You can be a hero here. You can stop him, you can change this race in one swoop,’” said another Democrat familiar with the conversations, who said Clinton had bluntly told Meek that he couldn’t win the race.

Update: Obama campaigned for Meeks last week
    Bars, concert, comedy and attraction listings | HeraldTribune.com

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  2. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Did Clinton stomp on his head after he pushed?

3. uptownlivin90

uptownlivin90 Rebelious Youngin

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +384
    It's politics. It's not as if Meek had the ability to draw a large AA turnout anyway. He's not an Obama or a Sharpton, and he's certainly not a Bill Clinton. Blacks care as much about this as we would if Crist dropped out. Sink has a far better chance of bringing out the black vote than Meek and the dems in general, that just happens to be crist's only hope for winning as well.

4. NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,408
    Did I miss the part where anyone confirmed Obama had something to do with this?

5. Revere

Revere BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +415
    Um, yes.

Crist said tonight he was involved with Clinton, the White House, and Meek, and it was a co-ordinated effort. He said Meek backed out at the last minute.

So it looks like Democrats believe the way to beat a Republican is to get the Democrat to drop out of the race.

I could not care less about Kendrick Meek. But as a Democrat in Congress, he knows first hand about getting stabbed in the neck by the Obama administration.

All Kendrick Meek has is his dignity.

6. Revere

Revere BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +415
    I think Obama and Clinton have written off Reid, and so has Chuck U. Schumer, who is giving money to Senate colleagues who don't need it, but would help him become Reid's replacement.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/29/us/politics/29schumer.html

They are being reduced to trying to pick off Rubio, who is killing Crist and Meek.

7. CaféAuLait

CaféAuLait This Space for Rent

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,323
    Strange, the moment Palin, O’Donnell or Paul does something it is the entire GOPs fault, but have an ex-president who is a democrat do something and he is far removed from Obama and the democrats.

8. Revere

Revere BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +415
  9. theDoctorisIn

theDoctorisIn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,992
    Who cares? What is "wrong" about this?

Please, someone explain the "outrage" here, this is standard practice.

10. NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,408
    Is that a yes or a no or are you just wasting my time?