Florida to teach the positive aspects of slavery in Black history

Nobody is claiming that there was something "good" about slavery! What the two black Phd scholars were underscoring was how resilient blacks were even in a dehumanizing system like slavery. You on the left are SO determined to see "RACISM" in everything you even see it in something that paints blacks in a very positive light!
Liberal, not left, but yes. :)

You don't even know what I'm talking about. I'm talking about a concept that liberals simply cannot wrap their heads around, whether it is street crime or full scale war >>> SELF-DEFENSE, you bozo.

I'm talking about approximately 300,000 southerners who died in the Civil War fighting to defend their home towns from invading Union soldiers. Many of them (especially in southern mountain states where there was no cotton and no slavery) captured by union soldiers, were asked, "Why do you fight ?". 90% of the answers were always the same >> "Because you're here."

If you see hundreds of guys coming your way, shooting at you, blowing up your buildings and bridges, burning down your churches, what do you do ? Say "thank you" ? Offer them lollipops ?

In many of the mountain areas of the South, in the 1860s, people were so poor and uneducated (no TV, no radio, no computers), they didn't even know that black people or slavery even existed. Most had never even seen a black person in their whole lives. A FEW mountain towns might have had a rudimentary newspaper, but most didn't, because few of those folks could read or write.

Most of them fought as civilians, many dead bodies found barefoot holding their rifles. Others who were lucky enough to get uniforms (complete with boots) from the Confederate army, were known to have said >> "This is the best suit of clothes I've ever had."
^ Gets history.

A+++

:)

On a MASSIVE level (maybe 75% of all southern fighters) knew nothing whatsoever of the Confederacy, never head of Jefferson Davis, never laid eyes on a black person, didn't know slavery existed.

You seem to be absorbed with thoughts about slavery and the Confederacy, and that's OK, but most southern fighters knew only that they were under attack from some guys wearing blue suits, and they were going to fight back with everything they had in them.

Slavery and cotton production was not at all embedded into the culture and economy of a huge part of the south. It was generally confined to coastal plain areas, and unknown in mountain areas. Those mountan areas cover major parts of states > Virginia, all of West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, N & S Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, and Arkansas.
^ Should be teaching history if they're not doing so already.

Don't be stupid, John. I never said that slavery wasn't about racism. What I pointed out was that the lesson plan those two black Phd educators came up with for Florida isn't racist and that Kamala Harris was race baiting when she claimed that it was! I'd love to see her sit down with those two black historians and explain to THEM why she thinks that they're racists! I'm sure they'd get a chuckle out of it.
Especially as they may be descended from slaves themselves.

OK, this fucking stupid story really needs to just die now.

Not ONLY is the course written by African American professors who were speaking to the resiliency of the slaves, not saying the institution was a good thing - but the AP History course the Left wants taught says the very same things!!!!

AND, get this, the "Right Wing" course that Kamala felt compelled to get on an airplane to FL to complain about actually lauds her as a shining example of African American achievement:

Clarification 3: Instruction includes but is not limited to African American pioneers in their field (e.g., President Barack Obama, Vice President Kamala Harris, Secretary of State Colin Powell, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson, Justice Clarence Thomas, Representative Shirley Chisholm, Arthur Ashe, Ronald McNair)

She nitpicked one paragraph out of 190.

The Leftist politicians are absolute fools, and the people who blindly listen to them are even worse.

You just cannot make this shit up.

Last edited:
The term "African American" (to describe black people in America) is FALSE.

The correct term is black American, or Negro.

PLease go to a Black barber shop and start saying Negro. Tell us all how it works out.

So FACTS are now off limits? If you learned how to farm, raise and handle livestock, do leatherwork, be a blacksmith, sew, cook,...none of that benefited the freed slaves?

You fucking Lefties are unfathomable.

Logically, and any other way, it is FALSE, and stupid. Me being correct.
African Americans,
Polish Americans
Italian Americans
Mexican Americans
Asian Americans
The latter denotes a citizen, the former denotes where they or their ancestors came from.

So FACTS are now off limits? If you learned how to farm, raise and handle livestock, do leatherwork, be a blacksmith, sew, cook,...none of that benefited the freed slaves?

You fucking Lefties are unfathomable.
Well it definitely offsets being raped, whipped, having your children stolen...amiright?

Forum List

Back