Florida pizza shop owner powerlifts Obama - 100% BULLSHIT!

Kudos to the pizz shop owner!

Van Duzer founded the Van Duzer foundation in 2008, aiming to raise awareness about blood donation shortages. That effort is partly why Obama chose to visit the eatery (via POLITICO): :clap2:

“One of the reasons that we wanted to stop by is that Scott has been doing unbelievable work out of this pizza shop in promoting the importance of donating blood,” Obama told the Times. “And so he has set some records here in Florida. He has received commendations from the White House, the surgeon general, he has galvanized and mobilized the local community and he’s educating kids and folks all across the country on this issue.”

“People are saying a lot of bad things and boycotting my restaurant,” Van Duzer told POLITICO. “There’s no middle line anymore, and that’s exactly what’s wrong with our country right now.”

In one of his interviews (he's done about 40-50 radio and talk shows in NY):

Were you planning to give him such a big welcome when he got there?
Not at all. That’s the funniest thing, too. Everyone thinks it was scripted. Everyone thinks I asked the Secret Service. I didn’t ask the Secret Service anything. I didn’t know what I was going to do. You know what I mean? He just came in, and the way he came in was so genuine and warm. He came over to me like he had known me for 25 years. He said, “Where’s Scott?” He opened the door and I was standing right there. He gave me a big high five, and started talking about my biceps and muscles. He said, “If I eat your pizza, can I get some muscles like that?” We were just fooling around. He gave me this pat on the shoulder, and that’s when the big hug happened.

Last edited:
:lol:

Way to help small business Republicans!

Obama hugger gets online beating

WASHINGTON — An American pizza restaurant owner who was photographed giving President Barack Obama a hearty bear hug got an online beating on Monday from angry opponents of the US leader.

Scott Van Duzer, owner of Big Apple Pizza and Pasta Italian Restaurant in Fort Pierce, Florida, made headlines Sunday after he lifted Obama in the air as the two men greeted each other like old buddies during a campaign tour stop.

Footage of the moment in the key swing state soon went viral.

But, along with the laughs, the incident also sparked sneers.

Comments posted on Yelp, a website that allows consumers to rate businesses, lambasted Van Duzer and suggested the photo opportunity was set up by Democrats vying to secure a second term in the White House.

"I would NEVER eat here after seeing that idiot grab the man that thinks HE built my business instead of me," wrote Shawn from California, referring to a common allegation that Obama does not understand private enterprise.

AFP: Obama hugger gets online beating

VIDEO Obama bear hug lift off ground by Scott Van Duzer Bigg Apple Pizza Florida

Play favorites get burned.

Boycotts are a tactic of choice for the left.

Except this one isnt working out.

Isnt America great?

What do you think Ayn Rand would say about blood donation? That is this guy's favorite charity.

If you ever read Rand, you would stop sticking your foot in your mouth; which looks really strange since your head is up your ass....

Charity is a great thing. Government pointing a gun at you and taking blood by force isn't charity.

My views on charity are very simple. I do not consider it a major virtue and, above all, I do not consider it a moral duty. There is nothing wrong in helping other people, if and when they are worthy of the help and you can afford to help them. I regard charity as a marginal issue. What I am fighting is the idea that charity is a moral duty and a primary virtue.​

“Playboy’s Interview with Ayn Rand,” March 1964

IOW, it was a totally scripted and contrived photo op.

Never woulda guessed that! :rolleyes:

unlike this

0625-intouch-romney-620.jpg

unknot your panties and go out and play
:eek: Why is that woman in the back peering at Mitt's keister?

He wet farted his Dockers.

My views on charity are very simple. I do not consider it a major virtue and, above all, I do not consider it a moral duty. There is nothing wrong in helping other people, if and when they are worthy of the help and you can afford to help them. I regard charity as a marginal issue. What I am fighting is the idea that charity is a moral duty and a primary virtue.​

And?

Seems pretty sensible.

Charity is up to the individual.

There's our Compassionate Conservative, right there.

They just couldn't be classy the way you leftists were about Chick-Fil-A.......

I don't eat at Chick-fil-A....I'm not into the grease and the money to anti-gay groups. There is one in our town so there is actually something nearby I boycott.

You are boycotting a pizza place....why? how far from your home?

And?

Seems pretty sensible.

Charity is up to the individual.

So Ayn Rand would consider donating blood, which is this guy's main cause, to be immoral, since you don't if the recipient is worthy of it. No wonder that pig is your hero.

I don't eat at Chick-fil-A....

So?

I'm not into the grease and the money to anti-gay groups. There is one in our town so there is actually something nearby I boycott.

ROFL

There is no hypocrisy like demopocrisy.

You are boycotting a pizza place....why?

Yeah Shortbus, from my home in Yorba Linda I'm not driving to Florida for a Pizza.

Yer just amazingly bright...

how far from your home?

nanjing-nose-picking.jpg

:lol:

Way to help small business Republicans!

Obama hugger gets online beating

WASHINGTON — An American pizza restaurant owner who was photographed giving President Barack Obama a hearty bear hug got an online beating on Monday from angry opponents of the US leader.

Scott Van Duzer, owner of Big Apple Pizza and Pasta Italian Restaurant in Fort Pierce, Florida, made headlines Sunday after he lifted Obama in the air as the two men greeted each other like old buddies during a campaign tour stop.

Footage of the moment in the key swing state soon went viral.

But, along with the laughs, the incident also sparked sneers.

Comments posted on Yelp, a website that allows consumers to rate businesses, lambasted Van Duzer and suggested the photo opportunity was set up by Democrats vying to secure a second term in the White House.

"I would NEVER eat here after seeing that idiot grab the man that thinks HE built my business instead of me," wrote Shawn from California, referring to a common allegation that Obama does not understand private enterprise.

AFP: Obama hugger gets online beating

VIDEO Obama bear hug lift off ground by Scott Van Duzer Bigg Apple Pizza Florida

Play favorites get burned.

Boycotts are a tactic of choice for the left.

Except this one isnt working out.

Isnt America great?

:rolleyes:

Yeah, I remember when they started using terms like freedom fries and freedom meat pie...crazy liberals.

Forum List

Back