Florida Mayor Accused Of Shooting At Cops

The guy sounds like a loser, but the police blew open the door with guns a blazing, how else are people supposed to react when waking up to that? If armed gunmen just say they are the police, you’re supposed to just believe it? Seems like police could use a little more sense when serving warrants.

Geeesh, and he was elected mayor, with his history? Practicing medicine without a license in his home and a known drug user...

The guy sounds like a loser, but the police blew open the door with guns a blazing, how else are people supposed to react when waking up to that? If armed gunmen just say they are the police, you’re supposed to just believe it? Seems like police could use a little more sense when serving warrants.
Ok, I didn’t see anything in the article stating they did that. Do you have another article? This one stated they tried to get him to turn himself in peacefully.

Ok, I didn’t see anything in the article stating they did that. Do you have another article? This one stated they tried to get him to turn himself in peacefully.

Florida mayor arrested after deputies shot at during raid on his home

This article says they rolled up with SWAT.

Thank you. Yeah, at almost 5 am, according to a local article-

Mayor accused of shooting at deputies was a known 'drug dealer,' sheriff says
"He was a drug dealer. He had drugs in his house," Pasco County Sheriff Chris Nocco said.

Author: Chelsea Tatham, Samantha Mitchell
Published: 7:18 AM EST February 21, 2019
Updated: 1:17 PM EST February 22, 2019
PORT RICHEY, Fla. — The mayor of Port Richey was arrested after law enforcement officers say he shot at Pasco County deputies.

The Pasco Sheriff's Office said around 4:40 a.m. Thursday, SWAT team members were attempting to serve a search warrant at a home on Hayward Lane in Port Richey.

The sheriff's office and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement said Mayor Dale Massad fired two shots at the entry team who he claims he thought was the Port Richey Police Department. Deputies did not shoot back.
Mayor accused of shooting at deputies was a known 'drug dealer,' sheriff says
Wonder why he saw a difference in it being the local police or not.

Florida mayor arrested after deputies shot at during raid on his home

This article says they rolled up with SWAT.

I just don't have a lot of sympathy for cops who play this game.

The guy is nuts (and criminal) but I can't work up sympathy for cops who treat CITIZENS this way.

Forum List

Back