Florida lawmakers pursue death penalty in child rapes

You are right in theory. However, the punishment must still fit the crime. In the U.S you hold.abusive agencies and agents to account, not in Canada, as referenced by some who come in here to target me for example. You should experience my life over the last 30 years. Canada is a nation of optics.and P.R, an old, unaccountable police state. Why your police help them out in further persecuting our citizens is beyond me....

Indeed it should. Child rape is particularly heinous.

This should be interesting.

TALLAHASSEE - In a move that likely would spur a constitutional fight, Florida lawmakers appear ready to pass a proposal that would allow the death penalty for people who commit sexual battery on children under age 12.

The House is scheduled Thursday to take up its version of the bill (HB 1297), while the Senate version (SB 1342) was approved Tuesday by the Rules Committee, positioning it to go to the full Senate.

The proposal comes after decades of U.S. Supreme Court and Florida Supreme Court rulings that have said it is unconstitutional to execute defendants in rape cases. A Senate staff analysis said nobody has been executed for a non-murder crime in the United States since 1964.

In a rebuke of the court precedents, the House and Senate bills say that a 1981 Florida Supreme Court case and a 2008 U.S. Supreme Court case were "wrongly decided," with the Senate version saying "such cases are an egregious infringement of the state's power to punish the most heinous of crimes."

Senate bill sponsor Jonathan Martin, a Fort Myers Republican who is a former prosecutor, said the bill would create needed "constitutional boundaries by providing a sentencing procedure for those heinous crimes" that would be similar to death-penalty laws for murder.

"If an individual rapes an 11-year-old, a 10-year-old, a 2-year-old or a 5-year-old, they should be subject to the death penalty," Martin said Tuesday after the Rules Committee approved his bill.

Aaron Wayt, who represented the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers at Tuesday's meeting, said people want "vengeance" when children are victims of sexual battery, but he pointed to U.S. Supreme Court precedent on the issue.

"This bill invites a longer, costlier (legal) process for the victim and their family that they will endure," Wayt said. "While this crime, anyone convicted of it is vile, heinous, the Constitution itself, the case law, the Supreme Court demands a maximum of life in prison. And so while it's not the vengeance we all want, it's the justice that the Constitution demands."

But Senate Minority Leader Lauren Book, a Plantation Democrat who was sexually abused as a child, said "there is no statute of limitations" on the suffering of victims.

"This is a life sentence that is handed down to young children," Book said. "We're talking about the youngest of the young in this bill. I was one of those kids. I still to this day at ... 38 years old deal with the very, very real lasting effects of this crime. It never goes away. Sometimes you close your eyes and you see it. I don't get a chance to make it stop."

Under the bills, defendants could receive death sentences based on the recommendations of at least eight of 12 jurors. Judges would have discretion to impose the death penalty or sentence defendants to life in prison. If fewer than eight jurors recommend death, defendants would receive life sentences.

Currently, unanimous jury recommendations are required before judges can impose the death penalty in murder cases. But lawmakers also are poised to change that requirement to allow death sentences after recommendations from eight of 12 jurors. The Senate has already passed such a change, and the House will take it up Thursday.

At least in part, the Republican-controlled Legislature has been emboldened by conservative shifts in recent years on the Florida Supreme Court and the U.S. Supreme Court.

In 2020, for example, the Florida Supreme Court ruled that unanimous jury recommendations were not needed to sentence defendants to death in murder cases. That reversed a 2016 ruling that required unanimity.

Cannot see a downside to this

All pedophiles should be executed. If you rape, molest or whatever a child then and found guilty you should have 2 weeks to put your affairs in order and be executed in a swift and humane manner, your body cremated, and your public records should be erased. It should be as if they never existed. No jail time, no appeals, no nuthouse, no death row, nothing

Child molesters are the absolute worst criminals. They shouldn't be allowed to exist. A child molester is someone who can never be a part of society. That is a crime so heinous it's inexcusable.

They should be executed. Even if you put them in jail for life all you're doing is killing them with jail. Save the time, money and resources.

I'd also like to see the same standards applied to murders. By murderer I mean someone that goes out and knowingly, willingly and intentionally kills someone.

All pedophiles should be executed. If you rape, molest or whatever a child then and found guilty you should have 2 weeks to put your affairs in order and be executed in a swift and humane manner, your body cremated, and your public records should be erased. It should be as if they never existed. No jail time, no appeals, no nuthouse, no death row, nothing

Child molesters are the absolute worst criminals. They shouldn't be allowed to exist. A child molester is someone who can never be a part of society. That is a crime so heinous it's inexcusable.

They should be executed. Even if you put them in jail for life all you're doing is killing them with jail. Save the time, money and resources.

I'd also like to see the same standards applied to murders. By murderer I mean someone that goes out and knowingly, willingly and intentionally kills someone.

The problem is the standard of guilt. In a country such as Canada that abuses the vulnerable but also weaponizes them to get rid of "undesirables", do you want the word of someone to determine if they are given the chair or not?

This is the problem and I've always said that False Witness or allegations MUST result in punishment to the accuser. Otherwise, we have what happens so often and people weaponize kids.

I've read a great about this when researching Battered Husband Syndrome. Only in one case did the woman who made a false pedo accusation against her husband was she sentenced to jail. Women, and some authorities in countries like Canada, weaponize kids. It's creepy, especially considering how much they themselves abuse them!

Last edited:

TALLAHASSEE - In a move that likely would spur a constitutional fight, Florida lawmakers appear ready to pass a proposal that would allow the death penalty for people who commit sexual battery on children under age 12.

The House is scheduled Thursday to take up its version of the bill (HB 1297), while the Senate version (SB 1342) was approved Tuesday by the Rules Committee, positioning it to go to the full Senate.

The proposal comes after decades of U.S. Supreme Court and Florida Supreme Court rulings that have said it is unconstitutional to execute defendants in rape cases. A Senate staff analysis said nobody has been executed for a non-murder crime in the United States since 1964.

In a rebuke of the court precedents, the House and Senate bills say that a 1981 Florida Supreme Court case and a 2008 U.S. Supreme Court case were "wrongly decided," with the Senate version saying "such cases are an egregious infringement of the state's power to punish the most heinous of crimes."

Senate bill sponsor Jonathan Martin, a Fort Myers Republican who is a former prosecutor, said the bill would create needed "constitutional boundaries by providing a sentencing procedure for those heinous crimes" that would be similar to death-penalty laws for murder.

"If an individual rapes an 11-year-old, a 10-year-old, a 2-year-old or a 5-year-old, they should be subject to the death penalty," Martin said Tuesday after the Rules Committee approved his bill.

Aaron Wayt, who represented the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers at Tuesday's meeting, said people want "vengeance" when children are victims of sexual battery, but he pointed to U.S. Supreme Court precedent on the issue.

"This bill invites a longer, costlier (legal) process for the victim and their family that they will endure," Wayt said. "While this crime, anyone convicted of it is vile, heinous, the Constitution itself, the case law, the Supreme Court demands a maximum of life in prison. And so while it's not the vengeance we all want, it's the justice that the Constitution demands."

But Senate Minority Leader Lauren Book, a Plantation Democrat who was sexually abused as a child, said "there is no statute of limitations" on the suffering of victims.

"This is a life sentence that is handed down to young children," Book said. "We're talking about the youngest of the young in this bill. I was one of those kids. I still to this day at ... 38 years old deal with the very, very real lasting effects of this crime. It never goes away. Sometimes you close your eyes and you see it. I don't get a chance to make it stop."

Under the bills, defendants could receive death sentences based on the recommendations of at least eight of 12 jurors. Judges would have discretion to impose the death penalty or sentence defendants to life in prison. If fewer than eight jurors recommend death, defendants would receive life sentences.

Currently, unanimous jury recommendations are required before judges can impose the death penalty in murder cases. But lawmakers also are poised to change that requirement to allow death sentences after recommendations from eight of 12 jurors. The Senate has already passed such a change, and the House will take it up Thursday.

At least in part, the Republican-controlled Legislature has been emboldened by conservative shifts in recent years on the Florida Supreme Court and the U.S. Supreme Court.

In 2020, for example, the Florida Supreme Court ruled that unanimous jury recommendations were not needed to sentence defendants to death in murder cases. That reversed a 2016 ruling that required unanimity.
This bill I would support if I were in the legislature.

Well watched a YouTube video yesterday. Dude noticed a neighbor signed into his wifi. So he changes the password. With in five minutes some bitch shows up at his door. She theaters dude with calling the cops and saying he has been touching her children if he does not change password back. Hope ya all love this world you are trying to create.

Well watched a YouTube video yesterday. Dude noticed a neighbor signed into his wifi. So he changes the password. With in five minutes some bitch shows up at his door. She theaters dude with calling the cops and saying he has been touching her children if he does not change password back. Hope ya all love this world you are trying to create.
Therein lies the problem, among many. Everyone wants to show they are tougher on crime and the indefensible more than the next guy. Meanwhile, people like me, a survivor of abuse who despise pedos, was called a pedo by my wife near our open window over and over when she was mad at me. Imagine if some psycho walked by and just took her word for it? Look at Trumps current legal/recent legal issues and how for years he claimed "only guilty people take the Fifth" and other nonsense. Now he has some sympathy for others I'm sure as he has taken the Fifth and the people he has irrational disdain for aren't billionaires who can buy the best legal team.

Last edited:
Therein lies the problem, among many. Everyone wants to show they are tougher on crime and the indefensible more than the next guy. Meanwhile, people like me, a survivor of abuse who despise pedos, was caled a pedo by my wife near our open wndow over and over when she was mad at me. Imagine if some pscyho walked by and just took her word for it? Look at Trumps current lega/recent legal isses and how for years he claimed "only guilty people take the Fifth" and other nonsense. Now he has some sympathy for others I'm sure as he has taken the Fifth and the peple he has irrational.disdain for aren't billionaires who can buy the best legal team.
Yep. The false accusations fly around on here like it's nothing. I was not getting along with my wife. I knew she played dirty. I installed cameras around the house every where but beds and bathrooms. Slept on the damn couch. Was afraid to go to the damn bathroom with anyone home. Was not long till she called the cops saying I beat on her. Spent the weekend in jail. Retrieved the evidence and won the court case but it cost court fees and laywer fees. Did they go after her for false report? Hell no. Never set foot in that house again till I got it back in divorce. Rehabbed that house and sold it. Made really good money. That got back to my ex. Lol, she called a few weeks later crying saying she made a mistake. I said ya sure as hell did and hung up on her.

Yep. The false accusations fly around on here like it's nothing. I was not getting along with my wife. I knew she played dirty. I installed cameras around the house every where but beds and bathrooms. Slept on the damn couch. Was afraid to go to the damn bathroom with anyone home. Was not long till she called the cops saying I beat on her. Spent the weekend in jail. Retrieved the evidence and won the court case but it cost court fees and laywer fees. Did they go after her for false report? Hell no. Never set foot in that house again till I got it back in divorce. Rehabbed that house and sold it. Made really good money. That got back to my ex. Lol, she called a few weeks later crying saying she made a mistake. I said ya sure as hell did and hung up on her.
I have similar evidence though I am trying to get her through her case with minimal harm. Our marraige may not survive but I am keeping my vows for the moment. I know she is aware of some of what I have but not the full extent and as I always do, I play possum to see her intentions (since I know how SOME of her vindictive family act. The don't love her, the just hate me as the protect their cult) Unlike you, in my case it isn't only that I do not beat her, but, I am in fact the victim of major assaults. Her family is full of police and the are vicious enough to do anything to harm me so I anticipated this some time ago and protected myself with evidence (I assume she has some as well to try to paint me as verbally abusive, but not to the degree I do and my language was mild and a response to her vulgar words) Court is rarely good for either party but I told myself if she goes down the false allegation route I must speak the truth and provide what I have.

Last edited:
How long were you married? Do you have kids? How did you know not to trust her and protect yourself?

It saves the father having to do it. Execute the sick fucks. Just make damn sure they are guilty.

I have similar evidence though I am trying to get her through her case with minimal harm. Our marraige may not survive but I am keeping my vows for the moment. I know she is aware of some of what I have but not the full extent and as I always do, I play possum to see her intentions. Unlike you, in my case it isn't only that I do not beat her, but, I am in fact the victim of major assaults. Her family is full of police and the are vicious enough to do anything to harm me so I anticipated this some time ago and protected myself with evidence (I assume she has some as well to try to paint me as verbally abusive, but not to the degree I do and my language was mild and a response to her vulgar words) Court is rarely good for either party but I told myself if she goes down the false allegation route I must speak the truth and provide what I have.
Well did not have much choice on the assault case. On the divorce case ya I did not show my hand till the last minute. She filed but I would have eventually. Ya only get one shot at false accusations with me. I have kept 60 miles between us ever since. All except once. I had a grandchild born a couple of weeks ago. I was in the same hospital with her for a short period of time. My son in law let me know she was there and I quickly put distance between myself and her. Had to wait a day to see my granddaughter but that is the way the ball bounces.

How long were you married? Do you have kids? How did you know not to trust her and protect yourself?
26 years married. 4 kids. All the little lies she told over the years. I have always had some kinda weird sense when something was not right. At about the age of 16 I started trusting it. When my buddies would go to a party and I got that feeling I did not go. When people close to me let bad people in their lives I was not physically present. Did not take long for people to notice how I always avoided the messed up stuff. Before ya knew it if I said I was not going several other people followed suit.

Did he call the cops on her?

Ivanka won't testify against daddy so he's good

Forum List

Back