Florida Judge voids FLORIDA GOP created congressional map

Yet you have no problem with NC district 12. I wonder why? Could it be because the Feds forced it on NC so a black could get elected? Same with district 1.

The State Constitution requires that where possible whole Counties must be in a single district. By the way thanks to the violation in 1 and 12 the republicans got Court approval to do the same in 2011 for the whole State. A 3 Judge panel ruled no violation for the current arrangement by the State legislature.

So thanks to you bed wetters and your ignorance the republicans followed suit.

Districts 1 and 12 work out to the Republicans favor. They pack the democrats into the two districts so all the surrounding districts are safely Republican. It was the GOP who designed the maps in 2011.

No matter how you slice up the map the Democrats are still going to win "some" of the districts in a state like North Carolina that is pretty fricking close to even partisan-wise with 13 districts.

District 12 is D+26....District 1 is D+19....That's probably somewhere in the range of ~80% or ~85% democrat. Now imagine spreading all those Democrat votes around the surrounding districts if they weren't there or weren't drawn the way they are....Do you REALLY think NO democrats would get elected?????? (BTW the MOST Red leaning district in the state is R+13.....)

Yet you have no problem with NC district 12. I wonder why? Could it be because the Feds forced it on NC so a black could get elected? Same with district 1.

The State Constitution requires that where possible whole Counties must be in a single district. By the way thanks to the violation in 1 and 12 the republicans got Court approval to do the same in 2011 for the whole State. A 3 Judge panel ruled no violation for the current arrangement by the State legislature.

Districts 1 and 12 work out to the Republicans favor. They pack the democrats into the two districts so all the surrounding districts are safely Republican. It was the GOP who designed the maps in 2011.

No matter how you slice up the map the Democrats are still going to win "some" of the districts in a state like North Carolina that is pretty fricking close to even partisan-wise with 13 districts.

District 12 is D+26....District 1 is D+19....That's probably somewhere in the range of ~80% or ~85% democrat. Now imagine spreading all those Democrat votes around the surrounding districts if they weren't there or weren't drawn the way they are....Do you REALLY think NO democrats would get elected?????? (BTW the MOST Red leaning district in the state is R+13.....)

The Federal Government enforced the illegal creation of 1 and 12 and now since they are allow3ed the Republicans have followed suit with their own Gerrymandering. And guess what? The Courts accepted it. Why? Because they have precedent due to the dems. And those two districts are about blacks they just happen to be dems.

No, you just lied, big time, [MENTION=5176]RetiredGySgt[/MENTION].

I never said that I had no problem with NC-12, ever.

I asked you to provide the reason for why you say it is illegal, and until this time, you have provided no such reason. As a matter of fact, you have still not provided actual information, including litigation material.

In other words, on a thread that has nothing to do to NC-12 at all, but I see the connection due to the issue of redistricting/gerrymandering, I went out of my way to give you a chance to provide information, and then you bitch like a little schoolchild. What is this with extreme Right-Wing Conservatives and their never-ending need for deflection and relativism? Are your arguments so weak that you cannot say anything else?

Care to try again?

I'd void it too...district 5 is a joke.

Now, who is going to void Maryland's far more hilarious DNC gerrymandering?

maryland-redistricting-map1.jpg

I don't consider it worse then Florida's since it really just covers up 1 GOP seat with 1 Dem seat.

But anyway...go ahead and scrap Maryland's gerrymander too! Get rid of all of them, it doesn't matter which party does it, the fact is that it happens.

Agreed, scrap them all.

It would be nice if you could just trust politicians to do the right thing...but since you can't trust any of them outside your sight and hearing range, what kind of ironclad legislation could be proposed.

Something along the line of "The length of longest possible NE to SW line of measurement Congressional District boundary and of the length of longest possible SE to NW line of measurement Congressional District boundary at the midpoint of and perpendicular to the NE to SW line must not vary more than (blank) percent without the consent of 3/4ths vote of the legislature. the only exception being a circumstance where two opposing Congressional District boundaries are also boundaries of the state."

This isn't good enough, but it is a starting point.

I concur with you and have been saying for years that gerrymandering should be illegal.

But it is an issue of Federalism.

Again, I point to a HUGE elections thread I created in January, one where the OP spans 5 postings. And I wrote in specific about redistricting:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/clean-debate-zone/333884-electioneering.html#post8424470

With redistricting done at a national level with a Super-Computer with only three parameters:

-State borders
-population
-geography and „logical connectivity“

A computer, rather than the statehouses, would set the congressional district boundaries. Race, gender, age, social status and partisan breakdown would play no role in the drawing of congressional boundaries, but geographical obstacles would. For instance, if at all possible, a district would not be drawn with a mountain chain splitting it into two halves. Additionally, Gerrymandering would never ever happen again. And for this reason, the Census should be changed from a once in a decade occurence to always be set to be one year before a Presidential election year. More on this in Election Rules and timelines

-and-

http://www.usmessageboard.com/clean-debate-zone/333884-electioneering.html#post8424480

-Automatic voter registration for all citizens when they reach the age of 18, with notification of such and information about polling place per postcard. The ID card for voting would be an exact duplicate of the first page of an American Passport, which means when you get a voter ID, it is easy to also apply for your passport at the same time and all of these things can be processed at BMV or SOS offices throughout the land. Oregon is currently the first state in the Union to seriously consider automatic voter registration, starting next year.

-The same Super-computer that did the redistricting also does a computation as to how many voting machines and precincts are necessary in order to get voting done by 9:30 pm and basta, done!

-Exit polling for all 50 states plus DC becomes mandatory for all national elections. Exit polling results are first allowed to be broadcast after the polls close in Alaska.

-The Networks would be forbidden to make any state calls until at least 45 minutes after poll closings and at least 25% of ballots from that state have been counted - and - the exit polling shows at least a +7 margin for the same candidate who is winning in the actual ballot count. This means that the first calls of the night, starting for all states in the Eastern Time zone, would be at 10:15 PM, and not one minute earlier. States that straddle two time zones would close in the time zone that is the most westerly of the two.

-National Popular vote running tallies would also not be published until at least 25% of the nation has reported in.

This methodology, though it may seem boring and lets us have less suspense, allows for the process to be done more quietly. In the event of a big win for someone, where the call for President usually happens around 11 pm, it would only be delayed until 1 or 2 am EDT.

For every single race in the nation, any margin under +0.5% would mean an automatic recount, without exception, but only once all provisional and absentee and overseas ballots are accounted for. Any candidate can also request a recount from between +0.5% and +1.0%, but then he must pay for it.

Due date for every state to submit final canvasses from the General election: Second Sunday in December, exactly 5 weeks after the election.

The electors would still meet in their respective states, but law would dictate that they must vote for the winner of the vote in their state, and in order to ensure that there are no „faithless electors“, the final slate of electors will be electronic across the board. So, the elector signing ceremonies would be mere formalities.

It is because of Federalism that we have this gerrymandering mess, and there is no real reason for it, other than the desire for a naked power-grab on the part of the two parties, depending on the state we are talking about.

The KEY difference is, each state also gets to decide the exact rules for redistricting and those rules are not identical from state to state - again, because of Federalism, so what is obviously illegal in Florida may perhaps not be illegal in Maryland, or it may be illegal in North Carolina, but for different reasons.

I asked you to provide the reason for why you say it is illegal, and until this time, you have provided no such reason. As a matter of fact, you have still not provided actual information, including litigation material.

In other words, on a thread that has nothing to do to NC-12 at all, but I see the connection due to the issue of redistricting/gerrymandering, I went out of my way to give you a chance to provide information, and then you bitch like a little schoolchild. What is this with extreme Right-Wing Conservatives and their never-ending need for deflection and relativism? Are your arguments so weak that you cannot say anything else?

Care to try again?

Actual you retard I provided just that. But since NC 12 is National news I know you have heard of it. This thread is about Gerrymandering and NC 12 is a perfect example of it. But you don't care because it benefits Democrats.

Care to try again?

Actual you retard I provided just that. But since NC 12 is National news I know you have heard of it. This thread is about Gerrymandering and NC 12 is a perfect example of it. But you don't care because it benefits Democrats.

This thread is about the decision of a Florida judge about redistricting in 2 CDs of Florida, which he has declared as being in violation of the Florida constitution, and, unless this decision is overturned, those two districts (and adjacent districts) will have to be redrawn for the 2016 cycle. Gerrymandering is a sub-theme of the thread out of necessity.

Unlike you, I see no reason to insult another member. And unlike you, I can discern.

You have still provided not actual linkage to the litigation about NC-12, now have you?

What in the world is this extreme Right-Wing laziness about making a claim and then not having the energy to back it up? Are your fingers broken?

If you care to make a thread about NC-12, I will gladly respond to it. Otherwise, all you are doing is trolling here in order to deflect from the actual OP.

Is there not even one extreme Right-Winger out there who can actually stay on topic without getting all pissed-off and insulting?

The piss-poor, low-level of Right-Wing input on so many threads here in USMB is becoming downright depressing. It's like debating a bunch of Kindergarden children.

Last edited:

Care to try again?

This thread is about the decision of a Florida judge about redistricting in 2 CDs of Florida, which he has declared as being in violation of the Florida constitution, and, unless this decision is overturned, those two districts (and adjacent districts) will have to be redrawn for the 2016 cycle. Gerrymandering is a sub-theme of the thread out of necessity.

Unlike you, I see no reason to insult another member. And unlike you, I can discern.

You have still provided not actual linkage to the litigation about NC-12, now have you?

What in the world is this extreme Right-Wing laziness about making a claim and then not having the energy to back it up? Are your fingers broken?

If you care to make a thread about NC-12, I will gladly respond to it. Otherwise, all you are doing is trolling here in order to deflect from the actual OP.

Is there not even one extreme Right-Winger out there who can actually stay on topic without getting all pissed-off and insulting?

The piss-poor, low-level of Right-Wing input on so many threads here in USMB is becoming downright depressing. It's like debating a bunch of Kindergarden children.

Look in the mirror when you say that. Your ego writes many of your posts and your arrogant responses cause people to fire back at you.

Your side of these boards flames threads all the time. People return fire. Are you criticizing them as well, or do you stick to the party line.

The OP is about one case, but looking at other areas of problem fits the OP because it is similar.

Look in the mirror when you say that. Your ego writes many of your posts and your arrogant responses cause people to fire back at you.

Your side of these boards flames threads all the time. People return fire. Are you criticizing them as well, or do you stick to the party line.

The OP is about one case, but looking at other areas of problem fits the OP because it is similar.

My side? You don't even know which side is my side. I am a round peg and do not fit into the square hole you are thinking of.

And yes, your mention of NC-12 indeed is related, which is why I took time to respond. But arrogant? No. If you think that asking someone to back up his claim is arrogance, then go out to the playground with the other kids and leave real debate for adults.

It's time for extreme Right-Wing Conservatives to reach down, ascertain whether of not they actually have balls in their pants, and debate like adults. I am sick to death of the bellyaching from Righties, apparently, it is the only thing they have going right now.

Time is precious, and I do not suffer fools gladly.

My side? You don't even know which side is my side. I am a round peg and do not fit into the square hole you are thinking of.

And yes, your mention of NC-12 indeed is related, which is why I took time to respond. But arrogant? No. If you think that asking someone to back up his claim is arrogance, then go out to the playground with the other kids and leave real debate for adults.

It's time for extreme Right-Wing Conservatives to reach down, ascertain whether of not they actually have balls in their pants, and debate like adults. I am sick to death of the bellyaching from Righties, apparently, it is the only thing they have going right now.

BS

Your posts to the other poster were egomaniac shit. Again you sound like you are really a German.

We are sick of your BS as well. Ain't that skippy........Now go back and stroke your ego on that rep fest thread or something.............

I've agreed that the map in Florida looks retarded. So have most of the other posters. So it seems people agree that it should be remapped.

So basically the thread is over anyway.

BS

Your posts to the other poster were egomaniac shit. Again you sound like you are really a German.

We are sick of your BS as well. Ain't that skippy........Now go back and stroke your ego on that rep fest thread or something.............

I've agreed that the map in Florida looks retarded. So have most of the other posters. So it seems people agree that it should be remapped.

"We"?

:lol:

So, how many people are actually inside your head?

Actually, no, the thread is not over. The fat lady has not warmed up yet. Plus, much to my chagrin, not one poster (aside from myself) mentioned that this court decision could possibly be overturned by a higher court, but interestingly enough, the FL GOP is looking awfully sheepish right now.

Gee, I wonder why that would be the case? Hmmmm.... Now, why would that be?

So, if it is litigated further, then this thread lives.

Besides, threads can live forever. Or at least as long that the interweebs are here.

So, in spite of the fact that you are, like so many other extreme Right-Wing basers, nasty as fuck, I wish you good health and long life.

:thup:

BS

"We"?

:lol:

So, how many people are actually inside your head?

Actually, no, the thread is not over. The fat lady has not warmed up yet. Plus, much to my chagrin, not one poster (aside from myself) mentioned that this court decision could possibly be overturned by a higher court, but interestingly enough, the FL GOP is looking awfully sheepish right now.

Gee, I wonder why that would be the case? Hmmmm.... Now, why would that be?

So, if it is litigated further, then this thread lives.

Besides, threads can live forever. Or at least as long that the interweebs are here.

So, in spite of the fact that you are, like so many other extreme Right-Wing basers, nasty as fuck, I wish you good health and long life.

:thup:

Whatever. You've got business to deal with. Back to the rep threads so you can further inflate that ego of yours. Get to it.

Care to try again?

NC-12 does not benefit democrats in anyway at all....

In 2012, the Democrats won 50.6% of the house votes in North Carolina....but they only won 4 of 13 seats...that's 31% of the seats. The reason why the won the popular vote for house but won so few seats is specifically because the GOP gerrymandered the seats in 2011 using 12, 1 and 4. In 2010 they won 7 out of 13 seats, roughly in line with their popular vote. In 2012 it suddenly changes to 4 seats with roughly the same number of votes...the only thing that changed was the map.

Trying to make NC-12 or NC-1 something that benefits democrats is idiotic.

Last edited:
Gore lost, boy. Get over it.
Yeah, but with a little help from your friends.

Bush won every RECOUNT, including those after the election done by biased sources. Further the Supreme Court ruled 7 to 2 that Bush was right that Gore recount as done was illegal.

Perhaps you can explain HOW THE GUY WITH THE LEAST NUMBER OF VOTES OF THE TWO SOMEHOW REALLY WON?
You are Dead Wrong, mister! You and your cronies be sure to read this from top to bottom to dispel that lie that Bush won fairly.

Yes, Bush v. Gore Did Steal the Election -- NYMag

I guess you missed this post as you cried about Republicans and ignored democrats.

Hiding behind the Majority-Minority district policy of the voting rights act doesn't change the fact that Republicans drew stupidly bias maps. Bias to the point of absurdity with Democrats winning 50.6% of the vote and getting 31% of the seats.

Yes...the voters.

loser2.jpg
Wrong! The Republican U.S. Supreme Court made the final decision. So you're
24.gif

Once again you dumb ass, 7 of 9 AGREED that the recount as conducted was illegal. Further Bush won every completed recount done legally. And he won every recount done after the fact even by biased sources.
And once again, fart wad, read this for the Actual Story!

Yes, Bush v. Gore Did Steal the Election -- NYMag

I guess you missed this post as you cried about Republicans and ignored democrats.

Hiding behind the Majority-Minority district policy of the voting rights act doesn't change the fact that Republicans drew stupidly bias maps. Bias to the point of absurdity with Democrats winning 50.6% of the vote and getting 31% of the seats.

I notice you did not care that prior to 2010 when the dems controlled NC and drew all the maps and made shit like 12 and 1 there was no outrage from you. Not a peep. No complaints no hand wringing no outrage. Funny how that works.

Forum List

Back