The GOP has selected CLEVELAND for the 2016 RNC

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
image.w174h200f3.jpg

RNC Site Selection Committee Recommends Cleveland for 2016 - GOP

This means that the committee has made the recommendation and now the bidding and wheeling and dealing begins. But it pretty much is a done deal.

This is also being reported here:

RNC picks Cleveland for 2016 | TheHill

RNC picks Cleveland for 2016 Republican convention « Hot Air

There was discussion over this at this thread from 2 months ago:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/elect...nalists-for-the-2016-national-convention.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has also been a LONG time since a national convention was held in Ohio.

It would be a real kicker were the Democrats to pick either Columbus or Cincy for their convention.

That really would make OHIO the "Heart of it all" in 2016. :lol:

Last edited:
Feel terrible for the people and businesses who will have to attempt to go about their lives around the security state while the RNC is in town. Not to mention the extra burden this will put on the taxpayers footing the bill in Cleveland, Ohio, and the rest of the country. Luckily I'll be able to avoid Cleveland for the duration of this nonsense.

Feel terrible for the people and businesses who will have to attempt to go about their lives around the security state while the RNC is in town. Not to mention the extra burden this will put on the taxpayers footing the bill in Cleveland, Ohio, and the rest of the country. Luckily I'll be able to avoid Cleveland for the duration of this nonsense.

maybe the Democrats will chose the place too
then you feel all warm and fuzzy

• Banned

Are you kidding? Double up on the security state? Might as well start evacuating Clevelanders now since they'd never be able to go about their lives under what would essentially be martial law.

I suggested on this thread that the RNC may indeed pick Cleveland (about two months ago):

http://www.usmessageboard.com/elect...the-2016-national-convention.html#post9405369

And I put out an argument as to why. Looks like people on the committee may have had some similar thoughts.

Actually, a national convention tends to bring in big buck to the host city. Not always, but more often than not.

While interrupting the lives and businesses of those in the closest proximity to the location.

• Banned
I suggested on this thread that the RNC may indeed pick Cleveland (about two months ago):

http://www.usmessageboard.com/elect...the-2016-national-convention.html#post9405369

And I put out an argument as to why. Looks like people on the committee may have had some similar thoughts.

Actually, a national convention tends to bring in big buck to the host city. Not always, but more often than not.

While interrupting the lives and businesses of those in the closest proximity to the location.

Any big event can do that.

Gee, "don't live, you might just die"..... the point being, "nothing ventured, nothing gained".

Are you kidding? Double up on the security state? Might as well start evacuating Clevelanders now since they'd never be able to go about their lives under what would essentially be martial law.

:lol:

Any big event can do that.

Gee, "don't live, you might just die"..... the point being, "nothing ventured, nothing gained".

I don't see the Cleveland Cavaliers posting snipers on the roof of the Q or shutting down businesses in close proximity because they need to secure the area.

Forum List

Back