Flip Flopping Trump wants to raise minimum wage

We lose jobs to other countries at an astounding rate. Why?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Higher minimum wage will only continue this trend. This isn't post WW2 where we're the only economy left standing. We don't exist in a vacuum.

Some think we do. Pull out of NATO, tear up trade deals, build walls, ban entries based on faith and nothing else.

All on drumpf's todo list

Hey Dingus (OP), where in that article did Trump say he was in favor of raising the minimum wage? HE DIDN'T.
He stated that he thought wages were too low.
Bringing jobs back home to open a more competitive marketplace will drive wages up. That's what Trump is referring to.
QUIT POSTING LIES.

Closing off the border will drive wages up. Need to stop people coming here legal and illegal. As long as there is an endless supply of people willing to work for lower wages, businesses will take every advantage of that opportunity.

Donald Trump Switches Position on Minimum Wage Stance

Now that Trump has won the GOP, we will now see the real leftist Trump crawl out from under his rock.
If you are a conservative you would actually support this position.

Why? Well, if you raise the minimum wage you can call for a severe reduction in welfare handouts. The only reason that these people on minimum wage survive is through extensive government handouts. I'd say we should force businesses, rather than Americans, to foot the bill for our lower echelons of society.

Right, like increasing minimum wage will be the salvation for poverty people.

How about working more hours? Nah, that would never work. How about increasing requirements before you get any government assistance? Nah, that would never work. It just worked thirty or forty years ago when we used to do that all the time to solve our financial problems.

What these stupid programs do is make people lazy. Work more hours than you have to, lose your SNAP's benefits, so why work more hours? It would be like working for free thanks to government.

I've met and known people on these programs, not a one ever working a weekend job. Not one willing to get rid of their stupid pets that they spend money on for food, cat litter and vet bills. But then we have to feed the pet owners because they are spending their money feeding their pets............ridiculous already.

But I thought that was what unions were for.

Are you suggesting that unions are pointless?
Union membership in the USA used to be about 25% of the workforce. Now it is down to less than 5%. Denmark is the happiest country on the planet. Union membership there is over 60%.

The folks in unions here in God's Country are teachers, cops, ariline pilots etc. These folks are doing a lot better than their non-union counterparts. As union membership has declined, the standard of living of American workers has declined along with it. Food for thought.

Now that Trump has won the GOP, we will now see the real leftist Trump crawl out from under his rock.
If you are a conservative you would actually support this position.

Why? Well, if you raise the minimum wage you can call for a severe reduction in welfare handouts. The only reason that these people on minimum wage survive is through extensive government handouts. I'd say we should force businesses, rather than Americans, to foot the bill for our lower echelons of society.
How bout we don't FORCE anyone to do anything? Novel idea eh? If you want better pay, get a better job.

The huckster fraud Democrat will soon be talking about carbon emmisions, gun control, higher taxes, reperations to blacks and Muslims, amnesty, etc etc. Carson just said Trump may pick a Dem as VP. Duh, Trump is a Democrat.

Mr Trumps policies are anything but RW party line objectives ... who knew?

A;

everyone but angry idiots ...

LOL Jesus Christ , finally a Republican says "yes we need to work with the Dems on the minimum wage " and stupid liberal partisans still destroy him.

I didn't read anywhere where he said min wage should be raised. He said wages are to low in this country and people are going to have to work to get somewhere in life. Perhaps I didn't read it all the way through but I didn't see where he said that in the article.

LOL Jesus Christ , finally a Republican says "yes we need to work with the Dems on the minimum wage " and stupid liberal partisans still destroy him.

They will probably oscilate to saying min wage is bad Trump is bad...it is that fucking insane sometimes in this country.

You know the minimum wage of 1970 would be the equivalent of about $20/hour today, adjusted for inflation. So it has been allowed to erode to about one third of its original value. What was considered a minimal wage in 1970 to survive, is now less than survivable without two parents working and one with a second job. What kind of life is that, to be forced to work 80 hours a week or do without essentials?

Why do so many 'conservatives' like yourself seem to think that allowing the impoverished to live lives bordering on starvation and destitution is a good thing for America?

So how much do you think workers should be worth for government to allow them to have a job?

You know the minimum wage of 1970 would be the equivalent of about $20/hour today, adjusted for inflation. So it has been allowed to erode to about one third of its original value. What was considered a minimal wage in 1970 to survive, is now less than survivable without two parents working and one with a second job. What kind of life is that, to be forced to work 80 hours a week or do without essentials?

Why do so many 'conservatives' like yourself seem to think that allowing the impoverished to live lives bordering on starvation and destitution is a good thing for America?

So how much do you think workers should be worth for government to allow them to have a job?

When you can phrase a question intelligently with some semblance of Reality to it, I will try to answer you.

Till then, die on the Ash Heap of History, Libertarian Losers.

a billionaire should set min wage @ $45.00 an hour and make America great again.

:dance:

I thought libs wanted to raise the minimum wage?

Your condemnation of this news can't be about your disapproval of flip-flopping because you support Hillary. And, as mentioned, you support an increase in the minimum wage...so what the hell is the problem?

Oh yeah, Trump is a Republican, a massive threat to Hillary, and is 'stealing one of her issues', making him even more appealing to liberals who are looking for a reason to leave their candidate under investigation by the FBI...

:p

This is yet another brilliant move by Donald. He's going to come out in support of a $10-12 an hour minimum wage and force Hillary left where she will be supporting the $15 limit that even most liberals realize is ridiculous.

This is yet another brilliant move by Donald. He's going to come out in support of a $10-12 an hour minimum wage and force Hillary left where she will be supporting the $15 limit that even most liberals realize is ridiculous.

I think Trump wants to raise the effective floor on wages by increasing the demand for labor, not by imposing an increase in the legal minimum wage.

I think Trump wants to raise the effective floor on wages by increasing the demand for labor, not by imposing an increase in the legal minimum wage.

Respectfully, I disagree, and as I noted it's brilliant.

Respectfully, I disagree, and as I noted it's brilliant.

Well, I respectfully disagree with your disagreement.

:D

When you can phrase a question intelligently with some semblance of Reality to it, I will try to answer you.

My question was precise, you're just a moron. I also like how you insult my phrasing while highlighting your government education which didn't teach you to write the English language correctly. Hint, why did I capitalize the word "English?"

So a worker would be willing to take a job for $5 an hour. That means no one will pay more for him or he would take the higher paying job.

An employer has a job and there is a better worker who won't work for less than $10

However, the requirements of the job are that the skills of the $5 employee are sufficient that he hires the $5.

Now you come in and raise the minimum wage to $10. Even though the employer didn't need the $10 employee, now that he has to pay that he's going to fire the $5 employee and hire the $10.

He's also going to look to automate and consolidate and reduce overall staff to stay within budget.

Note nowhere in there did you help workers

My question was precise, you're just a moron. I also like how you insult my phrasing while highlighting your government education which didn't teach you to write the English language correctly. Hint, why did I capitalize the word "English?"

So a worker would be willing to take a job for $5 an hour. That means no one will pay more for him or he would take the higher paying job.

An employer has a job and there is a better worker who won't work for less than $10

However, the requirements of the job are that the skills of the $5 employee are sufficient that he hires the $5.

Now you come in and raise the minimum wage to $10. Even though the employer didn't need the $10 employee, now that he has to pay that he's going to fire the $5 employee and hire the $10.

He's also going to look to automate and consolidate and reduce overall staff to stay within budget.

Note nowhere in there did you help workers

We MUST have a minimum wage law, I believe in as little government as possible, but where appropriate some government is necessary.

Forum List

Back