Flip Flopping Trump wants to raise minimum wage

Donald Trump Switches Position on Minimum Wage Stance

Now that Trump has won the GOP, we will now see the real leftist Trump crawl out from under his rock.

Votto that's not what I got out of what he said at all. Not at all. In context please.

Trump stressed that he wanted to bring back jobs that would earn an individual more that $15 an hour. And that he would be willing to look at the minimum wage and consider how to better wages for workers.

I'm sick of soundbites that distort what someone says.

^^^ BINGO! We can't artificially force wages higher that will just raise unemployment. Jobs jobs jobs people without them we are screwed.

What kind of life is that, to be forced to work 80 hours a week or do without essentials?
Who's forcing anybody to work for minimum wage? In case you weren't aware wages come from productivity not via gub'mint decreed price controls, the more you produce the more you're worth the more the market will pay you. If the market doesn't pay you very much it's because your services aren't worth very much and it's incumbent upon YOU to change that if you wish to earn more.

Now that Trump has won the GOP, we will now see the real leftist Trump crawl out from under his rock.
Story is from December.....and it's old news. Mentioned nothing about raising mw.

So you think he flipped flopped again?

Damn.
:anj_stfu:

Nice retort, but no I won't

For some reason, Progs have not taken my right to express these views..........yet.

What kind of life is that, to be forced to work 80 hours a week or do without essentials?
Who's forcing anybody to work for minimum wage? In case you weren't aware wages come from productivity not via gub'mint decreed price controls, the more you produce the more you're worth the more the market will pay you. If the market doesn't pay you very much it's because your services aren't worth very much and it's incumbent upon YOU to change that if you wish to earn more.

Government wants to be able to dictate to you what is good and bad and give you no choice.

That's what centralized planning is all about.

No he didn't. He said he was only open to discussing wages and to put it in context and not another stupid fucking soundbite Trump also said he hoped he could attract jobs that pay more than $15.00 an hour.

Trump wants prosperity for everyone.

ETA: Trump ran on being an excellent negotiator. A negotiator though that "puts America first".

Story is from December.....and it's old news. Mentioned nothing about raising mw.

So you think he flipped flopped again?

Damn.
:anj_stfu:

Nice retort, but no I won't

For some reason, Progs have not taken my right to express these views..........yet.
Well, since it is a fact that he never said he wanted to raise the mw, your thread is based on a fabrication, plain and simple.

He said we was willing to do something, but he didn't say what. He could mean that getting rid of the mw, thus eliminating a liberal campaigning talking-point, would be something he's willing to look at.

That is just horse shit.

The entire economy FORCES unskilled workers to work for minimum wage, dumbass. That is WHY businesses pay so many unskilled workers MINIMUM wage.

By your own logic, unskilled people are not worth feeding. They are not worth having a minimal living standard. They are subhuman by your reckoning.

People like you used to make the same kinds of argument in defense of slavery and child labor, but thank God most of us have learned to recognize evil little shits like you and ignore you vile ass.

Government wants to be able to dictate to you what is good and bad and give you no choice.

That's what centralized planning is all about.
The government also wants us to stop murdering each other, enslaving each other, prostituting each other, etc, i.e. to not exploit each other and treat each other as subhuman.

But you Anarchist fucks are totally OK with a world of slaves as long as you are among the few not slaves.

Wait a minute, Trump says "wages are too low" and some left wing blog interprets it as raising the minimum wage? Meanwhile Hillary says she will close coal mines (or not) and nobody on the left is talking about it. Are we going to have to be bored with left wing spin for everything Trump (and only Trump) says from now until November?

honestly, I dont think that that is a fair interpretation of what Hillary said. She is stating that the shift to new renewable forms of energy will lead to these loss of jobs, not that she wants that to happen directly.

Indirectly is OK as she would subsidize and push renewables to the exclusion of fossil fuels, thus having the governments proverbial thumb on the scales of the market.

But to be fair that is not the same thing as saying that she wants to put all these people out of work, is it?

I dunno, maybe it is. It doesnt feel like it.

Hillary's support of NAFTA and similar Free Trade boondoggles that have damaged the Middle Class so badly are more what I find enraging about her, but I guess her damage to the interests of those employed in the fossil fuel industry is similar.

He never came out and said he supported "raising the minimum wage" He said he would entertain a discussion about the minimum wage but his primary focus is to bring high paying jobs back that pay much more than a minimum wage would.

He also mentioned that you want to be careful how high you lift the bottom end wage.
Why do you have to go and fill in the holes and bring context to this thread. Gotta ruin everything I swear to god.

Votto that's not what I got out of what he said at all. Not at all. In context please.

Trump stressed that he wanted to bring back jobs that would earn an individual more that $15 an hour. And that he would be willing to look at the minimum wage and consider how to better wages for workers.

I'm sick of the fact that these distortions are DELIBERATE to smear people.
Get used to it. The Neocons, #nevertrump and liberals will be coming at him from all sides. It's the General with a Primary feel ;)

He never came out and said he supported "raising the minimum wage" He said he would entertain a discussion about the minimum wage but his primary focus is to bring high paying jobs back that pay much more than a minimum wage would.

He also mentioned that you want to be careful how high you lift the bottom end wage.
Why do you have to go and fill in the holes and bring context to this thread. Gotta ruin everything I swear to god.

that's really funny.

I know... since he has no ideology....you should just make it up and pretend he isn't anything more than a reality TV show host.

I expect nothing less from gubmint hating pretend libertarians.

That is just horse shit.

The entire economy FORCES unskilled workers to work for minimum wage, dumbass. That is WHY businesses pay so many unskilled workers MINIMUM wage.
Ummm..yeah, the market can be a real bitch when it comes to demanding value for value, let me ask you this professor, does the "entire economy" force them to be unskilled as well ?

By your own logic, unskilled people are not worth feeding. They are not worth having a minimal living standard. They are subhuman by your reckoning.
No, they are subhuman by YOUR reckoning since you're the one that apparently thinks that they lack the capability to become "skilled" and thus require never ending subsidies from the rest of society.

People like you used to make the same kinds of argument in defense of slavery and child labor, but thank God most of us have learned to recognize evil little shits like you and ignore you vile ass.
LOL, how ironic, the guy that actually IS defending slavery talking about "people like you used to" ..... Is there any "problem" that you won't recommend using government force to "solve"? Is there anybody Else's property that you wont advocate the theft of to get your way ?

That is just horse shit.

Ummm..yeah, the market can be a real bitch when it comes to demanding value for value, let me ask you this professor, does the "entire economy" force them to be unskilled as well ?

Dude, the market does not give new people skills, it does not provide a hand up to people. Minimum wages have been part of the modern economy since people began leaving their parents farms and going to work in cities as barriers to prevent exploitation by self-centered greedy shitheads like you. Minimum wage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Modern minimum wage laws trace their origin to the Ordinance of Labourers (1349), which was a decree by King Edward III that set a maximum wage for laborers in medieval England.[5][6]King Edward III, who was a wealthy landowner, was dependent, like his lords, on serfs to work the land. In the autumn of 1348, the Black Plague reached England and decimated the population.[7] The severe shortage of labor caused wages to soar and encouraged King Edward III to set a wage ceiling. Subsequent amendments to the ordinance, such as the Statute of Labourers (1351), increased the penalties for paying a wage above the set rates.[5]

While the laws governing wages initially set a ceiling on compensation, they were eventually used to set a living wage. An amendment to the Statute of Labourers in 1389 effectively fixed wages to the price of food. As time passed, the Justice of the Peace, who was charged with setting the maximum wage, also began to set formal minimum wages. The practice was eventually formalized with the passage of the Act Fixing a Minimum Wage in 1604 by King James I for workers in the textile industry.[5]

By the early 19th century, the Statutes of Labourers was repealed as increasingly capitalistic England embraced laissez-faire policies which disfavored regulations of wages (whether upper or lower limits).[5] The subsequent 19th century saw significant labor unrest affect many industrial nations.

Note how the abandonment of the minimum wage led to civil unrest, much like we are seeing in our own urban areas today with below survival minimum wage standards in place.

No, they are subhuman by YOUR reckoning since you're the one that apparently thinks that they lack the capability to become "skilled" and thus require never ending subsidies from the rest of society.

The simple fact of the matter is about half the population has below average intelligence and resources to prepare themselves for earning a living. YOU are saying that they should have to bear the full consequences of their lack of preparation, no matter why that may be.

There really are morons who, through no fault of their own, cannot learn to program computers, or get a STEM degree or write commercially, etc. So they are just supposed to starve or live lives at wage slave standards? You are a sick fuck.

LOL, how ironic, the guy that actually IS defending slavery talking about "people like you used to" ..... Is there any "problem" that you won't recommend using government force to "solve"? Is there anybody Else's property that you wont advocate the theft of to get your way ?

I amnot defending slavery at all. That issue was settled long ago, and now the humane way of helping our fellow Americans who have to take the low end jobs of our economy is a combination of welfare and minimum wage.

So go fuck yourself, you conniving ass hole.

where did he do that?

Reading helps.

Trump reiterated in an interview on NBC’s “Morning Joe” the day after the November 10 debate that “It’s a tough position politically… We have to become competitive with the world. Our taxes are too high — our wages are too high. Everything is too high. We have to compete with other countries.”

Trump later claimed in an interview with Politico that his statements were specifically in regard to raising the U.S. minimum wage, not wages in general

And what is wrong with that?

Minimum wage needs to be raised as it has been allowed to erode to about one third of its 1970 value. How much I dont know, but there is certainly nothing wrong with Trump stating the obvious fact; minimum wage needs to be brought up to something realistic as a minimum income to full time workers who support families.

Kudos to Trump for braving the fire of ideological zealots.

Artificially increasing the cost of labor decreases the demand for labor. Why is this so damn difficult for people to understand???

I'm sick of the fact that these distortions are DELIBERATE to smear people.

Yet it never bothers you when trump smears. Only when someone accurately points out what he says. Funny that

That is just horse shit.

Dude, the market does not give new people skills, it does not provide a hand up to people. .
LOL, yeah people have to go out and actually work for those -OR- they can get economically illerate dickheads like you who are too lazy and craven to bear the full cost of your own "altruism" to help them vote themselves higher wages on the backs of the people that actually got up off their asses and earned the skills necessary to earn themselves the wages they wanted.

Here's a thought, why don't you and all the other miscreants that are waving your pom-poms for price controls bear the full cost of your "generosity" and just start paying double the price tag anytime you do business with someone that employs unskilled workers? You "care" so much about these people then YOU subsidize keeping them unskilled and producing less then what you want to force employers to pay them, let's see how long that'll last.

The simple fact of the matter is about half the population has below average intelligence and resources to prepare themselves for earning a living. YOU are saying that they should have to bear the full consequences of their lack of preparation, no matter why that may be.
Well by all appearances you're living proof of that fact, however I know plenty of people of no exceptional intelligence and/or resources that have taken the initiative and put in the effort to acquire the skills necessary to produce more than the earn, so there goes that theory out t he window, next?.....

I amnot defending slavery at all.
Ummm.. yeah you are since you're explicitly advocating the rest of us become slaves to your desires by providing the means to subsidize them and getting government to point a gun at our heads to force us to do it.

So go fuck yourself, you conniving ass hole.
Awww.. how sweet, I love you too. :smiliehug:

Forum List

Back