Flashback Friday: Snowfalls Are Now Just a Thing of the Past

That is why the AGW zealots changed the name to CLIMATE CHANGE!!!

Covers all the bases. It's hotter? Climate Change!! It's cooler? Climate Change!! It's the same? CLIMATE CHANGE!!!
No, it's because climate change is a larger topic than global warming, and it includesglobal warming, acidification of the ocean, local climate changes, changes in sea and land ice, etc.

Tell me...how "acid" do you suppose the oceans were at the onset of the present ice age when atmospheric CO2 levels were more than twice what they are today?
No, i will not be trying to flesh out your points for you . You make your point, and then i will demonstrate how stupid it is. that is how this works.

Gee, if only there were a way to measure the world's land and seas ice over time, then put this data into a chart so we didn't all have to run around saying stupid things....
You will say stupid unsupported things in any event... Some of us actually do science in this field... You just spout talking points devoid of facts..
Facts.... like you find on charts made by NASA and NOAA? They do science in this field, right? Those facts? Dang, if only such charts existed...
WOW...

Your ignorance is stunning as is your constant appeals to authorities who have been discredited. There are 74 regions in the Montana, Idaho, and Wyoming areas that have multi year snow pack as of today.. These were all glaciers just 20 years ago and now again they have glacial ice. Why wont your 'authorities' report this?

And you wonder why we don't take your authorities at their word or yours.. They scream warming while empirical evidence says cooling... I'll go with observed empirical evidence as it calls out your authorities as political hack agenda driven liars.
As with every other subject you ignorance is massive on this, also.

How do glaciers form? | Alaska Satellite Facility

All About Firn
firn_line-1.gif

Firn line marked on Vedretta di Fellario Orientale Glacier in the Italian Alps.The firn line is the zone that separates bare ice from snow at the end of the ablation season. Photo by Alean.

• Firn is wetted snow that has survived one summer without being transformed to ice. It is in the metamorphic process of snow-becoming-ice. Eventually, firn changes into solid glacier ice.
  • Firn takes about a year to form. (In colder parts of the world, this could take as long as 100 years.)
  • Firn becomes glacier ice when the interconnecting air passages between the grains are sealed off. In glacier ice, air is present only as bubbles. Ice may become denser by more compression of the bubbles.
You are not going to get glacial ice in two years in an area that had previously been bare.

Gee, if only there were a way to measure the world's land and seas ice over time, then put this data into a chart so we didn't all have to run around saying stupid things....
You will say stupid unsupported things in any event... Some of us actually do science in this field... You just spout talking points devoid of facts..
Facts.... like you find on charts made by NASA and NOAA? They do science in this field, right? Those facts? Dang, if only such charts existed...
WOW...

Your ignorance is stunning as is your constant appeals to authorities who have been discredited. There are 74 regions in the Montana, Idaho, and Wyoming areas that have multi year snow pack as of today.. These were all glaciers just 20 years ago and now again they have glacial ice. Why wont your 'authorities' report this?

And you wonder why we don't take your authorities at their word or yours.. They scream warming while empirical evidence says cooling... I'll go with observed empirical evidence as it calls out your authorities as political hack agenda driven liars.
All that flap yap, and not a single link. LOL

Covers all the bases. It's hotter? Climate Change!! It's cooler? Climate Change!! It's the same? CLIMATE CHANGE!!!
No, it's because climate change is a larger topic than global warming, and it includesglobal warming, acidification of the ocean, local climate changes, changes in sea and land ice, etc.

Tell me...how "acid" do you suppose the oceans were at the onset of the present ice age when atmospheric CO2 levels were more than twice what they are today?
No, i will not be trying to flesh out your points for you . You make your point, and then i will demonstrate how stupid it is. that is how this works.

The point is that claims of ocean acidification due to atmospheric CO2 are bullshit. Now again, how acid do you think the oceans were at the onset of the present ice age when atmospheric CO2 levels were more than twice what they are today?..and is there any evidence whatsoever of a catastrophic extinction event due to acidification at that time?

17 years ago the Independent ran this science article. Two years ago it was removed from the internet.

However, the warming is so far manifesting itself more in winters which are less cold than in much hotter summers. According to Dr David Viner, a senior research scientist at the climatic research unit (CRU) of the University of East Anglia,within a few years winter snowfall will become “a very rare and exciting event”.

“Children just aren’t going to know what snow is,” he said.

The original link:

US

Fortunately copies were made by people.
Snowfalls are now just a thing of the past – The Independent
hey genius.... the guy is only talking about Britain. Psst.... tell the other goofballs. ;)

By the way, that's not the first time I have caught you posting a link here that you never read and don't understand, yet commented on anyway.
Britain 14 years after the doomsday chicken little prediction:
upload_2017-10-9_6-15-27.png

Where are you going to get your acid from to change the ph of the ocean even .00001?

The point is that claims of ocean acidification due to atmospheric CO2 are bullshit. Now again, how acid do you think the oceans were at the onset of the present ice age when atmospheric CO2 levels were more than twice what they are today?..and is there any evidence whatsoever of a catastrophic extinction event due to acidification at that time?

Still laughing rocks? Still don't have a response? Whistling by the graveyard. How unfortunate it must be to be you.

Forum List

Back