Fiscal Cliff? Tax the Rich

It was a program in R&D approved by Bush (not Obama) along with a dozen other companies, with the expectation some of them WOULD fail.

And the Bush administration didn't give them the loan because the business did not seem to be a good choice. Obama did give his cronies at Solyndra money and we know how that turned out. I do like how you set that bar on the ground though. Don't set it too high, whatever you do. Anyway, typical cronyism in DC.

I have been watching the news to see how "solar panels" for solar energy and wind turbines survived the storm "Sandy". All those people screaming for electricity for heat and home, and I have not heard a single one demand "green" energy. Why not wait for more solar panels or new wind turbines to be installed? Are those people that are freezing just fine with burning coal (for electrical generation) when it comes to supplying them with water, removing sewage, and for heating purposes? If so, why are they voting for increasing energy (all forms) in this country, and encouraging inventors to experiment with energy (instead of using regulations as roadblocks for any new developement)?

1. Do you believe that Americans need to make sacrifices to fix our fiscal problems?

if your answer is 'yes'

2. Do you believe that the sacrifice should be shared?

if your answer is 'yes'

3. What should be the sacrifice of America's wealthy/high income earners, as their share?

Be specific.

False choice. The wealthy already pay more than their fair share, as illustrated above.

1. Do you believe that Americans need to make sacrifices to fix our fiscal problems?

if your answer is 'yes'

if your answer is 'yes'

3. What should be the sacrifice of America's wealthy/high income earners, as their share?

Be specific.

what do you think the so called people you all label "poor" should sacrifice as their fair share?

I don't know.....seems to me he talked about a balanced approach that involved tax increases towards our wealthiest AND spending cuts.
That's what the sequester (i.e. "fiscal cliff") is all about.

Now both sides want to back out of having some of their favorite spending oxen gored, so the whole conversation gets diverted to the tax rates.

I say, damn the torpedos and full speed ahead. I want us to go over the fiscal cliff. the sooner we reach bottom the quicker we can let the democrats fix what ails us don'tchyathink? tax those mother fucking rich people we'll have a balanced budget for about 8 days.. way to fucking go team. Of course we all know that we deserve it.
"Fiscal cliff" is a semantic contrivance, because "sequester" doesn't spook the gullible rubes who still believe the lamestream media enough.

Bold prediction: I look for Boner to cave at the last possible moment, in order for the repubs to save some of their sacred military spending.

Like I said before, this whole "tax the rich" mantra is nothing more than a tool for this President and his Children of the Corn to keep the conversation about those evil rich people than talking about entitlements - which is the real problem.
The Democrats would rather the country burn to the ground in debt than give up such a huge piece of their voting block - minorities and unions. Doing something about the runaway social programs would upset the very people who vote them in.

The two biggest reasons why the economy crashed under W was #1, the insane military spending and #2 the tax cuts to the rich.

Both of these need huge cuts but the GOP is being a bunch of babies that doesn't give a damn about balancing the budget, only to keep bankrolling their cronies.

#1 was the housing bubble The tax cuts resulted in 5.2% unemployment until the Democrats took over Congress in 2006. Nothing insane about giving troops engaged in combat all of the weapons they need to survive.

If you think raising the tax rates on the few making over $250,000 will balance the budget, you are the one that is insane. There has already been a huge cut in military spending and the
Sec of Defense Secretary Leon Panetta told Marines and sailors on Fridaythat Congress would be irresponsible if it doesn't act to prevent drastic military budget cuts.

Read more: Defense secretary Panetta blasts defense budget cuts in visit to ship off California coast | Fox News

Try again, Fox? what a joke! :lol:

Thanks for reminding me of that horrific Bush spending spree with TARP as well

Bush-tax-cuts-debt.jpg

That's what the sequester (i.e. "fiscal cliff") is all about.

Now both sides want to back out of having some of their favorite spending oxen gored, so the whole conversation gets diverted to the tax rates.

I say, damn the torpedos and full speed ahead. I want us to go over the fiscal cliff. the sooner we reach bottom the quicker we can let the democrats fix what ails us don'tchyathink? tax those mother fucking rich people we'll have a balanced budget for about 8 days.. way to fucking go team. Of course we all know that we deserve it.
"Fiscal cliff" is a semantic contrivance, because "sequester" doesn't spook the gullible rubes who still believe the lamestream media enough.

Bold prediction: I look for Boner to cave at the last possible moment, in order for the repubs to save some of their sacred military spending.

I hope he doesn't I think like Rotweiller that he should give democrats every damn thing they are demanding. and smile whilst he's a doing it. :D

I would like to see those that have been collecting government assistance for years contribute.
Maybe they can contribute a bit instead of blaming all their problems on evil rich people.

Last edited:
You don't think the CUTS are going to affect people? That's what you guys don't seem to get...the rich won't be affected by cuts....it'll be everyday people. the wealthy does not need or use the services....we do.

What the GOP is clamoring for is for everyday people to bear the entire burden, and the wealthy to skip and frolic away unscathed.......AGAIN.

The rich pay their highest share of the Federal income tax burden EVER, you stupid, partisan fuck.

And the ultra rich control more of the nations wealth and income than they have in almost forever combined with some of the lowest tax rates and the most favorable tax write offs ever. And they have been doing great for 8 years. The reason their tax share is so high, (pay attention stupid,) is that they are making so much fuking money and controlling so much wealth. God you are stupid. Are you really a Koch sucker?

So who the fuking else you gonna get money from you stupid partisan fuk? Poor people?

You have one hundred "rich". You tax them $1,000,000 million each. That equals $100,000,000.

You have 100,000,000 "poor". You tax them $100. That equals $10,000,000,000.

Do you get it?

if your answer is 'yes'

if your answer is 'yes'

Be specific.

Thats too rational a question for the fox & friends watchers/am radio listeners :tinfoil: :eusa_eh:

And the ultra rich control more of the nations wealth and income than they have in almost forever combined with some of the lowest tax rates and the most favorable tax write offs ever. And they have been doing great for 8 years. The reason their tax share is so high, (pay attention stupid,) is that they are making so much fuking money and controlling so much wealth. God you are stupid. Are you really a Koch sucker?

So who the fuking else you gonna get money from you stupid partisan fuk? Poor people?
There you have it....Resentment, covetousness and good old fashioned greed.

A shame you're too much of a coward to go loot those evil rich people yourself.

Yes this election, about half of the voters voted for corruption, envy and greed.

and you fell for it?
How is it FAIR to single out a certain segment of the people in the country to tax?
Obama spews EVERYONE should have some skin in the game, so he pulls some magic numbers from his ass of $250, 000 that he says is fair to raise taxes on.

The man speaks with forked tongue and it's pretty evident a lot of people falls for it..
He has done a wonderful job of DIVIDING the county with his CLASS warfare, that is what makes me sick we have to endure another four years of this ugly man

You don't think the CUTS are going to affect people? That's what you guys don't seem to get...the rich won't be affected by cuts....it'll be everyday people. the wealthy does not need or use the services....we do.

What the GOP is clamoring for is for everyday people to bear the entire burden, and the wealthy to skip and frolic away unscathed.......AGAIN.

The point is: the gov't has spent so much money that if the gov't confiscated every penny the wealthy in this country had (thru them out on the street, homeless), there would not be enough money to run "this" gov't for 2 months. Where will the gov't get the money at that point? From you, and you, and you, the average worker that struggles for every dollar. The top 10% pay appoximately 75% of the federal income taxes in this country, and instead of those that pay less, saying "thank you" for earning and paying more, envy and greed is used to justify "taking" more from them.

The money IS going to come from the "middle class". It is just a matter of WHEN. Know it. Understand it. Every time you vote for a party that supports higher spending, you are voting to "hurt" the middle class; it does not matter what the politicians say, that is how it ends.

If it continues, we will see the mob (those that are on gov't entitlements), bankrupt this country. The invaders will not give a shit about how much you want then: if you are not willing to work for your new "master", you will be killed. Your property: you are the defeated, you have no rights. Who do you think will help at that point?

So....then the rich should be exempt? got it.

They've had their comfortable tax rates for 12 years now and yet where are the jobs those rates are supposed to create?

I agree, raise the taxes, but since everyone is "paying their fair share", cut entitlements by whatever amount you raise taxes.

They've had their comfortable tax rates for 12 years now and yet where are the jobs those rates are supposed to create?

The top 1% pay something like 40% of the Federal tax burden, and the top 10% more like 80%.

How much do you think is fair?

That's the kind of horseshit spewed out by the likes of Limbaugh and Fox news and lapped as the gospel truth by morons like you.

Let's see the numbers, and a source....

The rich pay their highest share of the Federal income tax burden EVER, you stupid, partisan fuck.

You have one hundred "rich". You tax them $1,000,000 million each. That equals $100,000,000.

Do you get it?

what you are talking is still a widows mite.

you tax everyone 20%.....and everyone is bleeding the same.

I still say a National Lottery. $1/week....taken off your paycheck. At the beginning of the year, when you fill out your 1040, you check a box as to whether you want to participate.

The winner is drawn randomly every week from the pool of people who checked the "yes" box. No rollovers....every week a winner. Let's say 100M people participate....$10 million to the winner, $90 Million goes directly to the debt..every week. That would be 46.8B every year without anyone getting hurt or taxed.....and it will make 52 new multi-millionaires every year.

Let's throw in a bonus.....that original $10M to the winner? Tax Free.....money earned off of that of course will be taxed.

Do you get it?

Everyone is.bleeding the same? riiiiight. Poor little rich boy gets a 15% cut and goes out and buys a new yacht or summer home in Curacao.....and the poor get to decide between food and medication, or electricity.....

I still say a National Lottery. $1/week....taken off your paycheck. At the beginning of the year, when you fill out your 1040, you check a box as to whether you want to participate.

The winner is drawn randomly every week from the pool of people who checked the "yes" box. No rollovers....every week a winner. Let's say 100M people participate....$10 million to the winner, $90 Million goes directly to the debt..every week. That would be 46.8B every year without anyone getting hurt or taxed.....and it will make 52 new multi-millionaires every year.

Let's throw in a bonus.....that original $10M to the winner? Tax Free.....money earned off of that of course will be taxed.

you would still get the entitlement whiners...

they dont have a job... so no pay check.. but still want to be in for the prize.

The point is: the gov't has spent so much money that if the gov't confiscated every penny the wealthy in this country had (thru them out on the street, homeless), there would not be enough money to run "this" gov't for 2 months. Where will the gov't get the money at that point? From you, and you, and you, the average worker that struggles for every dollar. The top 10% pay appoximately 75% of the federal income taxes in this country, and instead of those that pay less, saying "thank you" for earning and paying more, envy and greed is used to justify "taking" more from them.

The money IS going to come from the "middle class". It is just a matter of WHEN. Know it. Understand it. Every time you vote for a party that supports higher spending, you are voting to "hurt" the middle class; it does not matter what the politicians say, that is how it ends.

If it continues, we will see the mob (those that are on gov't entitlements), bankrupt this country. The invaders will not give a shit about how much you want then: if you are not willing to work for your new "master", you will be killed. Your property: you are the defeated, you have no rights. Who do you think will help at that point?

So....then the rich should be exempt? got it.

I did not say that. I just pointed out the facts. The exempt will be those with "old money" already in tax shelters and protected from income tax. Those that make more (the most productive or efficient) will still have their taxes increase (they are already paying the lion's share of income taxes, and will continue to be punished for daring to "achieve"). It will not be enough. At some point (starting Jan 1, 2013) taxes will be raised on all taxpayers to pay for Obamacare. Cry all you want, in some cases these taxes are already in affect (medical devices, etc). Half of the taxpayers voted for corruption, did you think your guys were going to be honest with "you"?

if your answer is 'yes'

if your answer is 'yes'

Be specific.

what do you think the so called people you all label "poor" should sacrifice as their fair share?
I'll type this real big so you understand......

THE CUTS!!!

Do you get it?

Everyone is.bleeding the same? riiiiight. Poor little rich boy gets a 15% cut and goes out and buys a new yacht or summer home in Curacao.....and the poor get to decide between food and medication, or electricity.....

15% of skin is 15% of skin.

what you are saying is your are jealous that others have more then you do.

Forum List

Back