First person to find this

Yeah about that instrumental..

Can you find the acapella for it too?

I don't like the idea of taking the full song and cutting out the hook from it and layering it over the instrumental. That doubles the signal level in that spot on the beat, with 2 stereo tracks.

Alright hold up niggaz, hold the mutha fuck up..

I got the acapella for mastermind, but it's the clean version. It cuts out a "nigga".

Use it with the instrumental?

I got the acapella for mastermind, but it's the clean version. It cuts out a "nigga".

Well I only need him on the chorus, he says nigga on the chorus? I forget the whole thing, havent heard it in like a year or more.

mastermind, sleeps at night real easy
mastermind...cuz everything he does is by the book....

forget the rest

I don't like the idea of taking the full song and cutting out the hook from it and layering it over the instrumental. That doubles the signal level in that spot on the beat, with 2 stereo tracks.

Drop the instrumental out during the hook, then bring it back.

I do it all the time.

Well I only need him on the chorus, he says nigga on the chorus? I forget the whole thing, havent heard it in like a year or more.

mastermind, sleeps at night real easy
mastermind...cuz everything he does is by the book....

forget the rest

I have the acapella for the song, so you can cut the chorus out and use it along with the instrumental.

Yeah, there's a "niggas".

Check your G-mail.

I do it all the time.
From a mixed down MP3?

I do it all the time.
From a mixed down MP3?

You're working with 2 separate tracks, right?

I do it all the time.
From a mixed down MP3?

I was under the impression you were saying to take the complete version of the song (beat and vocals) and cut the chorus out of it to use over the instrumental version that GT has.

No?

He wants the instrumental, with just the original Nas vocals from the chorus on it. That doesn't exist somewhere to be downloaded as far as I can tell from searching, so my idea was to just take the acapella of the song, and cut out the chorus from it...that would be one track. The empty instrumental would be the 2nd track. And just drop the chorus in over the instrumental where it would go.

From a mixed down MP3?

I was under the impression you were saying to take the complete version of the song (beat and vocals) and cut the chorus out of it to use over the instrumental version that GT has.

No?

He wants the instrumental, with just the original Nas vocals from the chorus on it. That doesn't exist somewhere to be downloaded as far as I can tell from searching, so my idea was to just take the acapella of the song, and cut out the chorus from it...that would be one track. The empty instrumental would be the 2nd track. And just drop the chorus in over the instrumental where it would go.

This is what I'm going to end up doing I think. I was looking for the less work route and finding it somewhere but it doesn't look like it's out there.

From a mixed down MP3?

No?

Yeah, as long as you match the beats up right, you can drop out the instrumental (track 1) at the right moment, bring in the chorus (track 2), and then drop out the chorus again when you want to go back to the instrumental. I do similar things all the time when I have to edit a song for time for some of our weekend programming. Keep in mind that I'm coming from a simple editing perspective, so we may not be visualizing the same thing here.

Either way would work, as long as the totality of the chorus is good for GT's purposes in the first choice. If he didn't want part of the audio in the chorus on his mix, then he has to go with the acapella.

No?

This is what I'm going to end up doing I think. I was looking for the less work route and finding it somewhere but it doesn't look like it's out there.

I'll put it together and email it to you. The Eagles don't play til 8:30 tonight, I got time to kill :D

lol this sounds cool...wowo:clap2:

I'm out for the day fellas, but we'll catch up!!

Thanks.

Like I said earlier in thread, I like layers. The telephone filter builds to the beat, and then carries through into the record player filter throughout your song, keeping the theme going, and then the telephone filter comes back to bookend the selection bringing closure to the selection.

No?

Yeah, as long as you match the beats up right, you can drop out the instrumental (track 1) at the right moment, bring in the chorus (track 2), and then drop out the chorus again when you want to go back to the instrumental. I do similar things all the time when I have to edit a song for time for some of our weekend programming. Keep in mind that I'm coming from a simple editing perspective, so we may not be visualizing the same thing here.

Either way would work, as long as the totality of the chorus is good for GT's purposes in the first choice. If he didn't want part of the audio in the chorus on his mix, then he has to go with the acapella.

I think I know what you're talking about. You're talking about separating channels, post-mixdown, right? Usually vocals are recorded in the center of the mix, so they can be separated from a lot of the other tracks. But kicks and snares are usually centered too, so a lot of times it's not always easy to separate it. Also, choruses are usually mixed by panning multiple layers of the vocal out to the sides of the mix to create the stereo effect, so that makes it more difficult too.

I've never had much success separating tracks from a mixed down MP3.

Am I right about what you're talking about? You separate the tracks from a final mixed down track, like an MP3 or whatever file type it happens to be?

No?

I think I know what you're talking about. You're talking about separating channels, post-mixdown, right? Usually vocals are recorded in the center of the mix, so they can be separated from a lot of the other tracks. But kicks and snares are usually centered too, so a lot of times it's not always easy to separate it. Also, choruses are usually mixed by panning multiple layers of the vocal out to the sides of the mix to create the stereo effect, so that makes it more difficult too.

Am I right about what you're talking about? You separate the tracks from a final mixed down track, like an MP3 or whatever file type it happens to be?

Nah, I'm not talking about separating a mixdown. I can't do that either.

I'm talking about using the instrumental version and the real version. They're already separated. You just blend the two then.

I'm talking about using the instrumental version and the real version. They're already separated. You just blend the two then.

Oooohhhhh....shit....I just caught on to what you're talking now. :redface:

Yeah that would actually be a BETTER way of doing it, as long as the transition between the instrumental version of the beat and the complete song version of the beat was smooth enough. That way he could get the dirty version of the lyrics with the chorus too, because I can't find the dirty version in acapella form.

Paulie, friendly $20 wager on the Game? (Big Giants fan)

Oooohhhhh....shit....I just caught on to what you're talking now. :redface:

Yeah that would actually be a BETTER way of doing it, as long as the transition between the instrumental version of the beat and the complete song version of the beat was smooth enough. That way he could get the dirty version of the lyrics with the chorus too, because I can't find the dirty version in acapella form.

Yeah, you were way over analyzing what I was saying. :lol:

Keep in mind, I'm coming from a KISS editing standpoint. You're way better at actual music mixing. I'm just 2 steps above cutting and pasting basically.

Forum List

Back