• Yes but only at the local level

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other types of yes's

• Other types of no's

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Would you support a bill to fire all government employees, give them three months off, and then hire them back at half of the pay?

If you are talking about senators and high ranking officials? Sure. But the majority of gov't employees are just rank and file workers who do not deserve to have their finances completely screwed.

If you are talking about senators and high ranking officials? Sure.
We can include them but that would be a drop in the bucket in regards to money. Ronald Reagan and Donald Trump both went after the government employee lobby. Neither succeeded. About 0.0023% of government employees are aware that they are not in charge. 99.9977% don't know they work for the people. They think they are obligated to have everything that they demand.

Last edited:
A mass reduction in force (lay-off) would be far better because .gov workers have no recourse if a reduction of force is declared.....25% across the board should get shed of a lot of the dem hires. ;)

You must be one of the no votes.

Would you support a bill to fire all government employees, give them three months off, and then hire them back at half of the pay?

Nope. I would support a bill that counts their brokerage accounts toward their salary though. The more they make, the less they get.

We can include them but that would be a drop in the bucket in regards to money. Ronald Reagan and Donald Trump both went after the government employee lobby. Neither succeeded. About 0.0023% of government employees are aware that they are not in charge. 99.9977% don't know they work for the people. They think they are obligated to have everything that they demand.

Well....don't give them what they demand. But to fire all those workers making $25k to $60k would ruin them for a long time.

Could most people live for 2+ months on their savings?

A mass reduction in force (lay-off) would be far better because .gov workers have no recourse if a reduction of force is declared.....25% across the board should get shed of a lot of the dem hires. ;)

"dem hires"? So if they were hired by dems, their work has no bearing on whether they get fired or not? Most at that level aren't very political.

Well this is the dumbest idea i've ever heard.
Workers salaries are not the why we have a deficit. We have a deficit mainly because of government contractors overcharging. Reforming government contract work would Make a far bigger difference to spending then cutting government worker salaries in half.

Also, Seeing as many departments are already understaffed and expecting workers to do ten times the work,load Halvng their pay would just screw over the workers even more.

All the o p's Idea would do would be driving vital workers away from vital offices such as the VA, health inspection, and others.

So, who will take care of the Vets in the VA hospitals when you fire all the nurses and doctors and techs?

Well this is the dumbest idea i've ever heard.
Workers salaries are not the why we have a deficit. We have a deficit mainly because of government contractors overcharging. Reforming government contract work would Make a far bigger difference to spending then cutting government worker salaries in half.

Also, Seeing as many departments are already understaffed and expecting workers to do ten times the work,load Halvng their pay would just screw over the workers even more.

All the o p's Idea would do would be driving vital workers away from vital offices such as the VA, health inspection, and others.

Nothing like crippling a nation to try and save a relatively small amount of money is insane.

And if I were a gov't worker, and knew my pay would be halved, I would find work in the private sector.

Cut the DoD budget by 20% and you would save even more money.

But having 2 months of no VA medical/counselling, no federal law enforcement, no border patrol, no inspectors for meat and other foods, no national parks open, and more is insanity of another level.

Will the military come under this? Will they be fired for 2 months and then have their pay cut in half? An enlisted E-6, with 10 years of service, makes $4,388.00 a month. You want to now pay him $2,194 a month? The backbone of the working military, and you want them to make less than $27k a year?

It sounds like they want to completely restaff the federal gov't every 4 or 8 years. Can't have a meat inspector or a VA doctor that was hired by the dems if there is a republican in change, right?

I just looked at the poll. Who is the Enstein who voted to fire all gov't employees (federal state and local)?

Are you a fan of anarchy and riots?

An absolutely appalling idea.

We have (and arguably shouldn’t have) tons of federal job positions. Start cutting.

But for actual federal workers doing the grunt work of operating the remaining positions, leave them alone.

We don’t need cheesy schemes. We need to overhaul (scuttle) what we have the Federal government doing in the first place. I have a novel notion: let’s recommit to limiting government to what the Constitution actually authorizes.

Forum List

Back