Zone1 Finding your own post in a thread you have posted in.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Every once in a while I run into this... an older thread resurfaces. You can see you have posted in it, and the thread is numerous pages. Is there a way you can go to your post without scrolling and scrolling?

Every once in a while I run into this... an older thread resurfaces. You can see you have posted in it, and the thread is numerous pages. Is there a way you can go to your post without scrolling and scrolling?
find on this page option? (aka search)

Search: Find (drop down to and select this thread) then drop down to Member and put your name.

That's why I end all posts with "WW". It's an uncommon letter pairing but makes sense because of my handle.

Since I'm mostly on a desktop that means I can use CTRL+F to use the browsers native page search feature to quickly jump to old posts. It's very rare that anything hits except for post I've made or posts that have quoted me.

I also went into my Profiles setting and changed Posts Per Page to 50 (IIRC the default is 20). More posts per page, few number of pages to search.

WW

That's why I end all posts with "WW". It's an uncommon letter pairing but makes sense because of my handle.

Since I'm mostly on a desktop that means I can use CTRL+F to use the browsers native page search feature to quickly jump to old posts. It's very rare that anything hits except for post I've made or posts that have quoted me.

I also went into my Profiles setting and changed Posts Per Page to 50 (IIRC the default is 20). More posts per page, few number of pages to search.

WW
Changed to 50 posts per page, recently, myself, with less changing of pages working this side of the fence having to review whole threads.

Changed to 50 posts per page, recently, myself, with less changing of pages working this side of the fence having to review whole threads.

I'm lazy and don't like mice, ...

..... ..... so just hover that finger over the UP/DOWN arrows for the win.

WW

I'm lazy and don't like mice, ...

..... ..... so just hover that finger over the UP/DOWN arrows for the win.

WW
I love my logitech wheel mouse. The end with two specific character 'W" thing ending for all your posts is an interesting idea though. It won't help the OP this time, but might in the future. Hopefully he won't pick your two characters.

Upper right corner…

1678566550905.png

1678566628248.png

Forum List

Back