Finally, a responsible GOP response to Obamacare

Ante ObamaCare: You could buy or not buy a product called "health insurance".
Post ObamaCare: You must buy health insurance.

Ante ObamaCare: If you bought health insurance, you could pick and choose what options you wanted.
Post ObamaCare: You must select a plan approved by Obama.

Ante ObamaCare: An employer could provide or not provide a health insurance benefit to their employees.
Post ObamaCare: An employer must provide health insurance to their employees.

Ante ObamaCare: If an employer provided health insurance, they could pick and choose the best plan which worked for their business model.
Post ObamaCare: An employer must provide insurance approved by Obama.

Ante ObamaCare: An insurance company would sometimes have a good year, and sometimes have a bad year of profits.
Post ObamaCare: If an insurance company has too god a year, Obama will take the "excess profits" and redistribute them.

Ante ObamaCare: A young, healthy person could buy insurance and pay a price commensurate with their physical condition.
Post ObamaCare: A young, healthy person must buy health insurance and pay a much higher rate so that high school dropouts can receive free health insurance.

Nope. You are lying by omission. It's not effective.
Again, you have not provided anything in the way of rebuttal.

As you said, aren't you precious. You think you've been debating this whole time.

Keep going. Keep repeating the same things. I'm not convinced.

Obama is not after control of your health care. Is he?

G5000. Your list is not honest. Which ones do you think are most dishonest?
Every one is true. None of those existed prior to ObamaCare.

Nope. You have played loose with the facts.
And yet you cannot provide any evidence I did. Because it is all true.

Evidence? You haven't provided any evidence.
Are you actually unaware that you must now buy health insurance?

Are you actually unaware that employers must now buy health insurance?

Are you actually unaware that you must buy insurance approved by the government?

Are you actually unaware that an employer must provide insurance approved by the government?

You really need evidence to support these claims? Seriously?

Just how willfully blind are you?

Ante ObamaCare: You could buy or not buy a product called "health insurance".
Post ObamaCare: You must buy health insurance.

Ante ObamaCare: If you bought health insurance, you could pick and choose what options you wanted.
Post ObamaCare: You must select a plan approved by Obama.

Ante ObamaCare: An employer could provide or not provide a health insurance benefit to their employees.
Post ObamaCare: An employer must provide health insurance to their employees.

Ante ObamaCare: If an employer provided health insurance, they could pick and choose the best plan which worked for their business model.
Post ObamaCare: An employer must provide insurance approved by Obama.

Ante ObamaCare: An insurance company would sometimes have a good year, and sometimes have a bad year of profits.
Post ObamaCare: If an insurance company has too god a year, Obama will take the "excess profits" and redistribute them.

Ante ObamaCare: A young, healthy person could buy insurance and pay a price commensurate with their physical condition.
Post ObamaCare: A young, healthy person must buy health insurance and pay a much higher rate so that high school dropouts can receive free health insurance.

Nope. You are lying by omission. It's not effective.
Again, you have not provided anything in the way of rebuttal.

As you said, "Aren't you precious. You think you've been debating this whole time."

Awwwww. Look at you. Taking the low road with me. That's disappointing.

Were insurance plans regulated by the federal government before 2009?
Now who is being dishonest?

Are you stupid enough to believe that LITTLE TO NOTHING CHANGED with ObamaCare by way of centralized control over our health care?

ObamaCare implemented radical changes. You are making a fool of yourself.

G5000. Your list is not honest. Which ones do you think are most dishonest?

Are you actually unaware that you must buy insurance approved by the government?

Are you actually unaware that an employer must provide insurance approved by the government?

I do not have to buy health insurance today. Why are you telling me that I do? Are you unaware of the law?

Were insurance plans regulated by the federal government before 2009?
Now who is being dishonest?

Are you stupid enough to believe that NOTHING CHANGED with ObamaCare by way of controls over our health care?

ObamaCare implemented radical changes. You are making a fool of yourself.

I said he isn't interested in control. That is my point. His NEED FOR CONTROL had nothing to do with Obamacare.

That's what I responded to.

Employers do not have to offer ( that is not the same as buying unless they decide to pay for it ) health insurance unless they have 50 or more employees. Why don't you know that?

I do not have to buy health insurance today. Why are you telling me that I do? Are you unaware of the law?
Ah, I see why you said I was being dishonest. You are projecting! Your statement is disingenuous at best, but mostly willfully obtuse.

Every American must buy health insurance or pay a fine. Happy now?

That is a radical change. Your "we've always had regulations" defense is lame. There was a giant leap in centralized control of our health care with the ACA.

Ah, I see why you said I was being dishonest. You are projecting! Your statement is disingenuous at best, but mostly willfully obtuse.

That is a radical change. Your "we've always had regulations" defense is lame. There was a giant leap in centralized control of our health care with the ACA.

You are now correct. One has a choice.

Employers do not have to offer ( that is not the same as buying unless they decide to pay for it ) health insurance unless they have 50 or more employees. Why don't you know that?
I do know that, butthead. Now you are splitting hairs like a backpedaling fool.

I was being succinct in my points, but if you want to get down into the fine grains, that's okay with me, because it only bolsters my point about a radical increase in centralized control, right down to the number of employees in a company being a deterministic factor in the government's dictat.

You are now correct. One has a choice.
And you think this proves there is no central control?!? BWA-HA-HA-HA!

You did not have to pay a fine before. Now you do if you don't buy insurance.

Idiot.

So there's your central control. Just how willfully blind are you? You are working real hard at it.

I may have said Obama's need for control, but if I did, I meant liberals. There were, are, ways to achieve near universal care while still allowing more individual control of what insurance to by, where to buy it, and even whether to buy it. The real goal was single provider, but the liberals didn't have the votes. And, even at that, there's a good argument that Obamacare is designed to eventually usher in single provider.

Basically, the only way to truly affect HC inflation is to affect consumption of HC. Both conservatives and liberals can agree on that. And, they can also agree that this can be done by a central planning agency rationing, or by people choosing to consume less. The fact is the conservatives just ceded the playing field to Obama and refused to even negotiate.

Do you know what percentage of US companies with fewer than 50 employees did not offer health insurance in 2009?
You think that proves something about not having central control over health care?

If I have insurance, and then the government tells me I must buy insurance or pay a fine, does that mean the government did not just assert control over my health care?

Are you really this stupid? Just how willfully blind are you?

You have no concept of liberty.

I do know that, butthead. Now you are splitting hairs like a backpedaling fool.

I was being succinct in my points, but if you want to get down into the fine grains, that's okay with me, because it only bolsters my point about a radical increase in centralized control, right down to the number of employees in a company being a deterministic factor in the government's dictat.

Succinct? That is the same as incomplete?

The regulations are not designed to gain control. They are designed to increase the number of American citizens who can access health care.

If you take almost any regulation and look at it through the narrow lens that you are using here.....it will look like government overreach and control. There is context and nuance. You know this.

Do you know what percentage of US companies with fewer than 50 employees did not offer health insurance in 2009?
You think that proves something about not having central control over health care?

If I have insurance, and then the government tells me I must buy insurance or pay a fine, does that mean the government did not just assert control over my health care?

Are you really this stupid? Just how willfully blind are you?

You are really disappointing me with your resorting to simplistic insults. Not what I've come to expect from you.

Forum List

Back