Final Star Wars trailer on tonight during halftime!

Qui-Gon was awesome. That fight scene with Maul was the best lightsaber fight in the movies. The prequels' costume design and CGI was all on point. The prequels' music was epic. Obi-Wan, Palpatine/ Sidious, and CGI Yoda were all very well done. The designs of Naboo, the Jedi Temple and everything Coruscant, and Mustafar were awesome. Episode 3 Anakin was a major improvement and all of Revenge of the Sith was freaking badass.

Honestly I absolutely loved Episodes 1 and 3. Still, Episode 2 was my least favorite addition to the franchise... but without it, we would not have had "The Clone Wars" which in many ways was better than even the original Star Wars movies.

If anyone here obsessively hates on the Star Wars prequels...

*waves hand*

~~Then you want to go home and rethink your life~~

This parody sums up my feelings pretty well:

Jar Jar Binks. Midichlorians. Darth Maul, the best character, reduced to being a minor character. Hayden Christensen (aka Heydon't Actagain). Turning Yoda from a Jedi Master into a spoof Yoda cartoon. Politics. Poltics. POLITICS! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

GOD I hated those movies!!! :mad:

I was still very young when the prequels came out. I was in high school when Revenge of the Sith hit theaters. I wonder, had I been older would I still have enjoyed the prequels as much?

And the answer is yes, because I fucking love Star Wars, and up until Disney took over I never hated anything about Star Wars. But "Rebels"? "Rebels" is painful to watch lol

I was still very young when the prequels came out. I was in high school when Revenge of the Sith hit theaters. I wonder, had I been older would I still have enjoyed the prequels as much?

And the answer is yes, because I fucking love Star Wars, and up until Disney took over I never hated anything about Star Wars. But "Rebels"? "Rebels" is painful to watch lol

I was in 8th grade when Episode 1 came out. I was horrified when I saw it.

You're just mad that I have a higher midichlorian count than you ^_^

You're just mad that I have a higher midichlorian count than you ^_^

Nothing would make me happier than a quick joke in the new movie that said something like "lol remember when people thought the force was just midichlorians? Technology was so primitive back then." Or something like that.

Not everybody who wants to be a Jedi can be a Jedi. You either have the power in you or you don't. The potential for Force powers is not a choice, it is something you either are or aren't born with.

Lol what's so bad about midichlorians anyway?

Not everybody who wants to be a Jedi can be a Jedi. You either have the power in you or you don't. The potential for Force powers is not a choice, it is something you either are or aren't born with.

"The Force" was a mystical force drawn from life or whatever. Giving it a logical, scientific explanation completely ruined it. The force is no longer in all things. It's just freaky bacteria in Jedi. My bet would be midichlorians are either explained out of the new movies, or completely ignored.

The mystical force was turned into some half-assed pseudo science. Rather than an epic story about fate and faith and the triumph of good over evil, everything is reduced to who has better genetics.

The reason magic works is because it doesn't need an explanation. When you try to give it one, too often you find that it doesn't make any damn sense. :lol:

The mystical force was turned into some half-assed pseudo science. Rather than an epic story about fate and faith and the triumph of good over evil, everything is reduced to who has better genetics.

The reason magic works is because it doesn't need an explanation. When you try to give it one, too often you find that it doesn't make any damn sense. :lol:

Even the original Star Wars movies emphasize the influence genetics has over one's ability to manipulate the Force...

"The Force is strong in my family. My father has it... I have it... my sister has it..."
-Luke Skywalker explaining his family's superior genetics and natural affinity for Force wielding badassery.

Little did he know it was all about the midichloriaaaaans!

Last edited:

"The Force" was a mystical force drawn from life or whatever. Giving it a logical, scientific explanation completely ruined it. The force is no longer in all things. It's just freaky bacteria in Jedi. My bet would be midichlorians are either explained out of the new movies, or completely ignored.

No, no, no... The Force still floweth through all things and still bindeth us all together in its mystical current of energy... midichlorians are not "The Force" ("the Force is an energy field created by all living things, which surrounds and penetrates us and binds the galaxy together"), midichlorians merely allow Force sensitives such as Jedi and Sith to consciously manipulate the Force to a far greater extent than most. The Force is still as mystical and mysterious as it ever was... especially when you consider its Light and Dark sides and how it has been perceived as "the Living Force"...

Last edited:

No, no, no... The Force still floweth through all things and still bindeth us all together in its mystical current of energy... midichlorians are not "The Force" ("the Force is an energy field created by all living things, which surrounds and penetrates us and binds the galaxy together"), midichlorians merely allow Force sensitives such as Jedi and Sith to consciously manipulate the Force to a far greater extent than most. The Force is still as mystical and mysterious as it ever was... especially when you consider its Light and Dark sides and how it has been perceived as "the Living Force"...

If the ability to manipulate the force can be measured, it is no longer the mystical, mysterious thing it was. Plus, if there are some sort of cells that determine force sensitivity/strength, it's almost assured someone in the galaxy would find a way to replicate them and give anyone force powers. :(

Even the original Star Wars movies emphasize the influence genetics has over one's ability to manipulate the Force...

"The Force is strong in my family. My father has it... I have it... my sister has it..."
-Luke Skywalker explaining his family's superior genetics and natural affinity for Force wielding badassery.

Little did he know it was all about the midichloriaaaaans!

You've got me there. :)

I saw the first Star Wars movie when it came out in the 70's. Haven't seen any of the others.

POTENTIAL SPOILERS! Maybe?

I heard about rumors tonight that Han will die at the end of the new movie and the hand of Kylo Ren. Who is possibly Han's son. God I hope not. Harrison Ford is old yes, but maybe just give him really small roles in the next 2 and they could even record them now. I hope Han gets a happy send off.

Other rumors I heard:

Kylo Ren and Rey are brother and sister? And he wants to rule the galaxy with his sister? (a throwback to the "rule of two")

Kylo is Han's (and maybe Leia's?) son, and Rey is Luke's daughter?

Luke does not appear until the very end of the movie?

Anyways those are the big ones, and from searching around the internet after I got home they are definitely pretty widespread. I love the idea of Kylo and Rey being related to each other and to the rest of the Skywalker clan.

Goddess_Ashtara

Forum List

Back