Filmmaker Who Targeted ACORN Arrested in Alleged Senate Phone Scheme

Answer Me why two people were charged with wearing the Uniforms and O'Keefe specifically wasn't? Does this make any sense to You?

I can see you didn't even watch the video or read the transcript.

Three fucking times he said he did. Here's another:

"HANNITY: OK, so now — and I don't know all the facts so I want to make sure because you disputed a lot of claims in the media in your statement. So did you dress up as a telephone repairman or telephone repair people?
O'KEEFE: Yes, I mean, as far as that's concerned, I mean, investigative journalists have been using a lot of these tactics for years."

And you have the nerve to tell us we don't have the facts straight.

Read the damn charge:

Four Men Arrested for Entering Government Property Under False Pretenses for the Purpose of Committing a Felony

NEW ORLEANS—JOSEPH BASEL, age 24; ROBERT FLANAGAN, age 24; JAMES O’KEEFE, age 25; and STAN DAI, age 24, were charged in a criminal complaint with entering federal property under false pretenses for the purpose of committing a felony, announced the United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Louisiana.

Why don't you google a link for me, to show that Newsbusters was wrong? I know why you won't....you can't. :lol:
I'm sure it takes a week to vet a story....but less than 24 hours to vet the second story. :lol:

Well, that would be because the burden of proof in this situation is on you, the one who is making the accusation.

But, be that as it may, let's listen to what Glenn Beck had to say on the subject on the Monday following the revelation of the tapes:

During Beck’s show on Monday, he stood in front of a blackboard-like screen, citing statistics that he said demonstrated the mainstream media’s lackadaisical coverage of the ACORN and Van Jones stories.

...“The ACORN corruption -- this is your money. Fox has had 133 reports on it. CNN, 90. MSNBC, 10 -- how’s that possible? Hey, ABC, how’s it working out for you, with two?” Beck’s onscreen tally credited CBS with two Jones stories, and ABC and NBC with one apiece

This quote is from a link in your own article:
Divide between right, mainstream media - Michael Calderone and Mike Allen - POLITICO.com

Which means that ALL the stations covered it, some less than others.

As far as the networks go, as opposed to cable outlets, not only do the major networks have to vet the video and the facts, they also only have an hour or two a day to cover news stories, unlike FoxNews which has 24 hours a day.

Now, as I mentioned, MSNBC is a left-wing propaganda machine, like Fox is a right-wing propaganda machine, and thus it's obvious why they only had 10 stories about it.

That is, unless you think Glenn Beck is part of this "mainstream media" conspiracy. :lol:

To "Cover" an event means to gather facts about it and then broadcast details of the event to the public.

Stating your opinion about an event is not "Covering" an event. If you only air an event on Opinion shows, that is not "Covering" an event, it's "Commenting on" an event.

And finally, the author of the article I linked above makes an excellent point, to respond to FoxNews' criticism, even though such a defense is unneeded:

ACORN has long been an obsession of the right, with some of past criticism taking on racial overtones. So reporters, being used to tuning out charges against ACORN, were slow to realize that this was a time when the group’s opponents had the goods.

Since FoxNews and other right-wing outlets had been producing so much bullshit about ACORN on other subjects, and been obsessed with the "story", running it all the time, other networks naturally thought that they were just "crying wolf", again.

The fact that O'Keefe's story had nothing to do with all the other opinion pieces Fox had done on ACORN did not register, because, as usual, Fox was trying to tie it in with their narrative.

Last edited:
Why don't you google a link for me, to show that Newsbusters was wrong? I know why you won't....you can't. :lol:
I'm sure it takes a week to vet a story....but less than 24 hours to vet the second story. :lol:

Well, that would be because the burden of proof in this situation is on you, the one who is making the accusation.

But, be that as it may, let's listen to what Glenn Beck had to say on the subject on the Monday following the revelation of the tapes:

During Beck’s show on Monday, he stood in front of a blackboard-like screen, citing statistics that he said demonstrated the mainstream media’s lackadaisical coverage of the ACORN and Van Jones stories.

...“The ACORN corruption -- this is your money. Fox has had 133 reports on it. CNN, 90. MSNBC, 10 -- how’s that possible? Hey, ABC, how’s it working out for you, with two?” Beck’s onscreen tally credited CBS with two Jones stories, and ABC and NBC with one apiece

This quote is from a link in your own article:
Divide between right, mainstream media - Michael Calderone and Mike Allen - POLITICO.com

Which means that ALL the stations covered it, some less than others.

As far as the networks go, as opposed to cable outlets, not only do the major networks have to vet the video and the facts, they also only have an hour or two a day to cover news stories, unlike FoxNews which has 24 hours a day.

Now, as I mentioned, MSNBC is a left-wing propaganda machine, like Fox is a right-wing propaganda machine, and thus it's obvious why they only had 10 stories about it.

That is, unless you think Glenn Beck is part of this "mainstream media" conspiracy. :lol:

Beck repoert was on 9-15-2009, the story broke 9-10-2009.

The ACORN corruption -- this is your money. Fox has had 133 reports on it. CNN, 90. MSNBC, 10 -- how’s that possible? Hey, ABC, how’s it working out for you, with two?”

I will give CNN credit...the rest of YOUR left wing bias NEWS organizations get a big FAIL. No spin about that at all. Being that ACORN gets government (that's American's money) funds....all, and I'm mean every single one of them should have been on this like white on rice.

Last edited:

The ACORN corruption -- this is your money. Fox has had 133 reports on it. CNN, 90. MSNBC, 10 -- how’s that possible? Hey, ABC, how’s it working out for you, with two?”

I will give CNN credit...the rest of YOUR left wing bias NEWS organizations get a big FAIL. No spin about that at all. Being that ACORN gets government (that's American's money) funds....all, and I'm mean every single one of them should have been on this like white on rice.

Oh, wow, you mean the rest of the media didn't stop their programming to run 24-hour coverage on heavily edited tapes about a sting operation on a few random low-level workers in some public service organization?

Wow, that's certainly a sin, isn't it?

So, if soldiers in the military, or postal workers pull off some low level crimes, does Fox run that 24-hours-a-day 7-days-a-week? Should other media outlets?

For that matter, what was the relative media coverage of FoxNews on the Halliburton scandals? And what percentage of FoxNews' coverage of Halliburton was actually commentators DEFENDING Halliburton?

And you didn't even address the point that FoxNews didn't search out the facts in the case, and thus their supposed "coverage" contained false information for which they've never made a retraction.

The FACT is, that all the other media outlets covered the story, after they had all the facts, Hell, CNN ran it BEFORE it had all the facts.

And it's too fucking bad for your agenda that not every media outlet in the world shares the FoxNews position as the media wing of the Republican party.

Last edited:

Oh, wow, you mean the rest of the media didn't stop their programming to run 24-hour coverage on heavily edited tapes about a sting operation on a few random low-level workers in some public service organization?

So, if soldiers in the military, or postal workers pull off some low level crimes, does Fox run that 24-hours-a-day 7-days-a-week? Should other media outlets?

For that matter, what was the relative media coverage of FoxNews on the Halliburton scandals? And what percentage of FoxNews' coverage of Halliburton was actually commentators DEFENDING Halliburton?

And you didn't even address the point that FoxNews didn't search out the facts in the case, and thus their supposed "coverage" contained false information for which they've never made a retraction.

The FACT is, that all the other media outlets covered the story, after they had all the facts, Hell, CNN ran it BEFORE it had all the facts.

And it's too fucking bad for your agenda that not every media outlet in the world shares the FoxNews position as the media wing of the Republican party.

ABC, NBC, and CBS :eusa_whistle:

Are all non-24-hour-news Network media outlets.

The cable stations have at least 12 times as much time to devote to news (or opinion in the case of MSNBC and Fox) as these outlets do.

If they only ran one or two stories a piece, and late at that, well that's the nature of the Networks: As far as news goes, they're a day late and a dollar short, because most of what they show is not news-oriented.

For most investigative stories like this, they actually save it for their big prime time news hours so they can devote more time to the story. Which is exactly what they did in this instance.

Doesn't prove any sort of "Bias" at all.

Last edited:
Answer Me why two people were charged with wearing the Uniforms and O'Keefe specifically wasn't? Does this make any sense to You?

I can see you didn't even watch the video or read the transcript.

Three fucking times he said he did. Here's another:

"HANNITY: OK, so now — and I don't know all the facts so I want to make sure because you disputed a lot of claims in the media in your statement. So did you dress up as a telephone repairman or telephone repair people?
O'KEEFE: Yes, I mean, as far as that's concerned, I mean, investigative journalists have been using a lot of these tactics for years."

And you have the nerve to tell us we don't have the facts straight.

Read the damn charge:

Four Men Arrested for Entering Government Property Under False Pretenses for the Purpose of Committing a Felony

NEW ORLEANS—JOSEPH BASEL, age 24; ROBERT FLANAGAN, age 24; JAMES O’KEEFE, age 25; and STAN DAI, age 24, were charged in a criminal complaint with entering federal property under false pretenses for the purpose of committing a felony, announced the United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Louisiana.

We have to agree to disagree PPV. Just remember that You claim O'Keefe wore the Phone Company gear, and I follow the actual Criminal Complaint, a "Legal Document", which states that 2 of the 4 did, not including O'Keefe. I do believe O'Keefe was speaking for the group in the interview, on Hannity, not Himself. We just differ, in perspective and perception. I have nothing to add or concede here, so without new information, I'm done here.
P.S. love it when You talk dirty. :lol::lol::lol:

Are all non-24-hour-news Network media outlets.

The cable stations have at least 12 times as much time to devote to news (or opinion in the case of MSNBC and Fox) as these outlets do.

If they only ran one or two stories a piece, and late at that, well that's the nature of the Networks: As far as news goes, they're a day late and a dollar short, because most of what they show is not news-oriented.

For most investigative stories like this, they actually save it for their big prime time news hours so they can devote more time to the story. Which is exactly what they did in this instance.

Doesn't prove any sort of "Bias" at all.

More people watch ABC, NBC, and CBS news than they do the cable news networks. Hmmm, just brings me back to Dan Rather. just sayin...

More people watch ABC, NBC, and CBS news than they do the cable news networks. Hmmm, just brings me back to Dan Rather. just sayin...

Hey, I'm not going to defend Dan Rather. Though I will say he was forced to retire after his false story...

Which is more than what would happen on most cable networks.

Just sayin...

But don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to act like the media is incorruptable or somesuch nonsense. I'm saying that it's got just as much right-wing BS happening in it as left-wing BS.

Last edited:

Hey, I'm not going to defend Dan Rather. Though I will say he was forced to retire after his false story...

Which is more than what would happen on most cable networks.

Just sayin...

But don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to act like the media is incorruptable or somesuch nonsense. I'm saying that it's got just as much right-wing BS happening in it as left-wing BS.

There is a book called "Stolen Valor" You should read. You'll never look at (Dan Rather) Rather Than Dan the same again.

Have You ever considered that it was misreported? Read the Official Complaint from the Link We both provided. It is clearly stated in detail. I question the statement you refer to, and challenge it. The Truth is in the details PPV.

I was involved with Anti-Nuke stuff in the Eighties. The Courts were extremely Lenient, Both Federal and State. These were large organized protests, what O'Keefe was doing, if I understand it at all, I don't condone, be it Left or Right, where there is no real harm done, I support Due Process and Leniency. You All need to get the facts straight about who did what. I suspect the first claims were exaggerated, and clouded. Thats why the story is now in limbo. He was the camera man, not either of the main players.

Misreported? How the fact that O'Keef admitted that HE was wearing the clothes described in the arrest report? He admitted to hiding the phone closet.

Even when faced with facts, you people try to change those facts to fit you own pre-concieved notions.

If it weren't so fucking pathetic, I would be laughing at you.

Wait a second, I am laughing at you:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Misreported? How the fact that O'Keef admitted that HE was wearing the clothes described in the arrest report? He admitted to hiding the phone closet.

Even when faced with facts, you people try to change those facts to fit you own pre-concieved notions.

I've been over it like 6 times with Intense.

He doesn't believe the FBI official charge and he doesn't believe O'Keefe himself saying at least THREE times he was dressed that way.

Is there a better example of delusion to be found here?

Maybe You could show where the Link was Posted Anywhere on this Thread? Maybe You could Post the Link Yourself? The only Official Document posted on this Thread contradicts anything You have said so far. It's time to put up.

I've been over it like 6 times with Intense.

He doesn't believe the FBI official charge and he doesn't believe O'Keefe himself saying at least THREE times he was dressed that way.

Is there a better example of delusion to be found here?

Again PPV, I believe He was speaking as a spokes person for the group, when describing what They were doing, as a whole, not individually. Why were two charged and not Him for wearing the Uniforms?

Again PPV, I believe He was speaking as a spokes person for the group, when describing what They were doing, as a whole, not individually. Why were two charged and not Him for wearing the Uniforms?

So you think the people in the Senator's office just randomly let him and his buddy follow the telephone repairman into the office and the phone closet without any explanation whatsoever, with an FBI agent standing right there?

Is that your contention?

I am highly entertained when people who clearly know fuck all about how the media works, and how investigative journalists (not that there are many any more) work, give us chapter and verse as though they are experts on the subject. And yet, by their posts, prove that they know less than jack shit. Carry on.

Forum List

Back