Filmmaker Who Targeted ACORN Arrested in Alleged Senate Phone Scheme

Wanna explain why FAUX Noise devoted 1 hour, 4 minutes and 45 seconds to this moron's expose of Acorn, yet were only able to squeeze 4 minutes out for his arrest?

Blech, Limp Idiot, Billo the Clown and Manatee have ALL defended this douchebag. Did you see the softball interview Hannity did with him? They were cosigning each other's bullshit.

Because in the scheme of things, getting Acorn employees on tape trying to find way to help slavers creatively cheat the government, is a much larger story than the geniuses who pulled this off (repeatedly) than them getting caught trying to expose a politician for turning her constituent callers to dead lines.

His co-conspirators are on film posing as a phone company employee on U.S. government property. Its a crime to falsely represent yourself on U.S. government property regardless of your other intentions.

If you intend to commit a felony, its punishable by up to 10 years.
If you did not intend to commit a felony, it is is punishable by up to 6 months.

The PENALTY is different depending on your intentions, but merely falsely representing yourself on government property is a crime by itself.

While I think they probably were intending to tamper with the phone system, which would be a felony - that might be hard to prove. But its undeniable fact they were posing as phone company employees when they are not. I predict they will plea to the lesser charge (punishable by up to 6 months).

Mark my words...he wont do time. Eventually he will end up working as a correspondent for Fox.

Wait for it.

If he has no prior offenses - and pleads guilty or is convicted of the lesser charge of merely false representation without intent to commit a felony - in all honestly, should he do time? Its quite common for 1st offenders, convicted of a 6 month maximum offense, to not do time.

On the other hand - MAYBE - if the prosecutor and defense attorney both believe there is at least a possibility a jury would convict on the heavier charge - false represenation with intent to commit a felony - they might be able to get him to agree to time on the lesser charge as part of the plea. But I doubt it.

He broke into that office with the intentions of tapping a wire....and he wont do time. He will work for fox eventually. Mark my words.

Mark my words...he wont do time. Eventually he will end up working as a correspondent for Fox.

Wait for it.

If he has no prior offenses - and pleads guilty or is convicted of the lesser charge of merely false representation without intent to commit a felony - in all honestly, should he do time? Its quite common for 1st offenders, convicted of a 6 month maximum offense, to not do time.

On the other hand - MAYBE - if the prosecutor and defense attorney both believe there is at least a possibility a jury would convict on the heavier charge - false represenation with intent to commit a felony - they might be able to get him to agree to time on the lesser charge as part of the plea. But I doubt it.

He broke into that office with the intentions of tapping a wire....and he wont do time. He will work for fox eventually. Mark my words.

Wrong again Zona, there isn't one report that says that any of them had equipment to tap a wire and they haven't been charged with anything like that. Nice try.

Send James The Queef to jail for 10 years.

Hopefully he gets pimped....

how typical of the far left looneys....wishing people will get pimped

no wonder acorn survives

Acorn survived because it had a few bad apples just like many large organizations. They are a good organization who try to help poor people. Of course republicans want to destroy them.. This guy getting pimped would be the icing on the cake.

Him being anally raped by someone in prison would be poetic justice really but he wont do time. He has too much republican backing.

He will work for Fox eventually because he is scum. Remember, Rove, Furhman etc etc work for fox as well.

if he has no prior offenses - and pleads guilty or is convicted of the lesser charge of merely false representation without intent to commit a felony - in all honestly, should he do time? Its quite common for 1st offenders, convicted of a 6 month maximum offense, to not do time.

On the other hand - maybe - if the prosecutor and defense attorney both believe there is at least a possibility a jury would convict on the heavier charge - false represenation with intent to commit a felony - they might be able to get him to agree to time on the lesser charge as part of the plea. But i doubt it.

he broke into that office with the intentions of tapping a wire....and he wont do time. He will work for fox eventually. Mark my words.

wrong again zona, there isn't one report that says that any of them had equipment to tap a wire and they haven't been charged with anything like that. Nice try.

he wont do time, he will work for fox. Are you one of the ones who said he was just a misguided kid who was playing a prank?

he broke into that office with the intentions of tapping a wire....and he wont do time. He will work for fox eventually. Mark my words.

wrong again zona, there isn't one report that says that any of them had equipment to tap a wire and they haven't been charged with anything like that. Nice try.

he wont do time, he will work for fox. Are you one of the ones who said he was just a misguided kid who was playing a prank?

No if you would read the thread you would see that I said he was stupid and there was no excuse for stupidity. I also said that he would get a slap on the wrist.

Did you have an excuse? Didn't think so.

No if you would read the thread you would see that I said he was stupid and there was no excuse for stupidity. I also said that he would get a slap on the wrist.

Did you have an excuse? Didn't think so.

Excuse for what? I asked a fair question, you answered. Let me ask you another question, if this was a dem breaking into a republicans office, would you think he should get a slap on the wrist? Really.

Wait for it.

Nobody broke in. O'Keefe was there to record it, part of the scheme? Yes. Are Your facts straight? Not even close. :lol::lol::lol:

Nobody broke in. O'Keefe was there to record it, part of the scheme? Yes. Are Your facts straight? Not even close. :lol::lol::lol:

So according to you he didn't break in, didn't wear a phone repairman's uniform and wasn't there to do anything wrong.....am I even close now? Not only should he not do time, he should be paid a reward?

It don't matta

Merely falsely representing yourself on U.S. Government property is punishable by up to 6 months. Falsely representing yourself with intent to commit a felony is punishable by up to 10 years.

He was not a phone company employee, but represented himself as if he was one. that's hard to deny without looking like an idiot. He's at least guilty of the 6 month offense. Whether or not he intended to commit a felony - hard to prove.

What I find amusing is how the MSM was flooding the airways with the film maker getting busted, and when ACORN was busted, there was little reporting on it.
I don't know...maybe it's just me.

What are you even talking about?

There was perhaps one day of media coverage on this subject.

It's the right-wing talking heads that keep bringing it up, in the form of making excuses for his actions.

Last edited:
What I find amusing is how the MSM was flooding the airways with the film maker getting busted, and when ACORN was busted, there was little reporting on it.
I don't know...maybe it's just me.

What are you even talking about?

There was perhaps one day of media coverage on this subject.

It's the right-wing talking heads that keep bringing it up, in the form of making excuses for his actions.

A person had to go to the right wing talking heads to get the ACORN scandle....that's what I'm talking about.
There have been several days of the film maker in the MSM....that's what I'm talking about.
It's alright Vast, I know exactly where your coming from.

Come on Guy's! Read the Criminal Complaint. His two buddies were dressed as phone Company Employee's. He was there in the office to record Them, Joseph Basel and Robert Flanagan. Here is the Link, the Indictment is at the bottom of the article. Please read it in full before commenting.

Between the Lines: The James O'Keefe Criminal Complaint -- Politics Daily

This gets better and better. Okeefe is not charged with anything except "aiding and abetting".

Funny isn't it? The only thing more profound coming from the MSM after misreporting the Facts, is the deafening silence.

Come on Guy's! Read the Criminal Complaint. His two buddies were dressed as phone Company Employee's. He was there in the office to record Them, Joseph Basel and Robert Flanagan. Here is the Link, the Indictment is at the bottom of the article. Please read it in full before commenting.

This gets better and better. Okeefe is not charged with anything except "aiding and abetting".
Er, Excuse me?

What does that say there?

"NEW ORLEANS—JOSEPH BASEL, age 24; ROBERT FLANAGAN, age 24; JAMES O’KEEFE, age 25; and STAN DAI, age 24, were charged in a criminal complaint with entering federal property under false pretenses for the purpose of committing a felony, announced the United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Louisiana."

"If convicted, FLANAGAN, BASEL, O’KEEFE, and DAI each face a maximum term of 10 years in prison, a fine of $250,000, and three (3) years of supervised release following any term of imprisonment."

Federal Bureau of Investigation - The New Orleans Division: Department of Justice Press Release

Er, Excuse me?

"NEW ORLEANS—JOSEPH BASEL, age 24; ROBERT FLANAGAN, age 24; JAMES O’KEEFE, age 25; and STAN DAI, age 24, were charged in a criminal complaint with entering federal property under false pretenses for the purpose of committing a felony, announced the United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Louisiana."

"If convicted, FLANAGAN, BASEL, O’KEEFE, and DAI each face a maximum term of 10 years in prison, a fine of $250,000, and three (3) years of supervised release following any term of imprisonment."

Federal Bureau of Investigation - The New Orleans Division: Department of Justice Press Release

Read the actual citation. It specifically says aiding and abetting for O'Keefe..... He is officially charged as an accomplice. He'll walk with a slap on the wrist.

Er, Excuse me?

Read the actual citation. It specifically says aiding and abetting for O'Keefe..... He is officially charged as an accomplice. He'll walk with a slap on the wrist.
He's charged with - according to the FBI - with entering federal property under false pretenses for the purpose of committing a felony, announced the United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Louisiana."

That's a felony trespass charge, no matter how you slice it.

Forum List

Back