Film censor regrades Mary Poppins due to racist language

All that sifting through the past for such things accomplishes is a renewed focus of attention on them. Otherwise, they would remain where they are; in the realm of peripheral inanities, unnoticed and inoffensive.

All that sifting through the past for such things accomplishes is a renewed focus of attention on them. Otherwise, they would remain where they are; in the realm of peripheral inanities, unnoticed and inoffensive.
They might be offensive to other people.

Thread Moved back to Europe, per Senior Mod. All members are instructed to stay on topic and observe Zone 2 Rules in effect.

It is not unreasonable to re-evaluate works of art in light of latter day thinking. The film, as noted, is not altered or otherwise censored, merely re-rated. No "biggie". In fact, as far as inspiration for children, the film was never admirable.

This film was never ¿what??

It is not unreasonable to re-evaluate works of art in light of latter day thinking. The film, as noted, is not altered or otherwise censored, merely re-rated. No "biggie". In fact, as far as inspiration for children, the film was never admirable.
Yeah, I saw the movie, I don't know if I saw bits and pieces or from start to finish. I don't remember any important or even minor lessons for kids.

I grew up watching Dick Van Dyke Show, and it was disappointing to see him be such a bad actor in that movie.

Anyway, the OP cannot say what was so offensive, so I assume its a non-story.

I am sure this will infuriate the window licking racists on here.In fact I guarentee it.
But I have no problem with the decision.

The film is moved from U to PG, It hasnt been banned or edited. They have merely given parents more information on which to make a decision.

The language of colonial britain has no place in the modern world. But as a cultured and educated man I am not trying to ban this film. Instead I will exercise my option not to watch it.

Isnt that refreshing ?

You live in a very racist country. I assume by choice.

What a sad, pathetic lot the British have become.

The people who once ruled over half of the world are now afraid of their own shadows.
Hell, they're a minority in their Capitol city...

Forum List

Back