Female model passing herself off as a man to have a longer career

that is why I wrote - she is off the hook now - male modelling is not putting that much pressure as female one :)

depends on a person as well, but a risk factor IS a risk factor.

Try again what you floated is probative of nothing.

:rolleyes:

it is exactly probative of everything I have said before:
as a female model she was at a higher risk of eating disorders and substance abuse comparative to the general female population.
as a male model she is off the hook of the risk for eating disorders.
simple.
yet too difficult to grasp for some blinded by tits or lack thereof :lol:

The methodology employed: A group of 63 professional fashion models of various nationalities were studied by means of self-reported questionnaires. :lol::lol::lol:

Like I said probative of nothing except bupkis....:itsok:

as a female model she was at a higher risk of eating disorders and substance abuse comparative to the general female population.
simple.
yet too difficult to grasp for some blinded by tits or lack thereof

The methodology employed: A group of 63 professional fashion models of various nationalities were studied by means of self-reported questionnaires.

Like I said probative of nothing except bupkis....

oh, brother.
did you read the other ones?
or do you want me to post other links?
it is a well-known association between the eating disorder and modelling career.
you can deny it all you want - won't change a fact.
as I've said before - getting blinded by tits does not serve well your brain function.

that is why I wrote - she is off the hook now - male modelling is not putting that much pressure as female one :)

depends on a person as well, but a risk factor IS a risk factor.

simple.
yet too difficult to grasp for some blinded by tits or lack thereof :lol:

There really is no way to tell whether models are at higher risk of developing an eating disorder, or those who are prone to eating disorders are drawn into modeling because of the opportunities modeling offers to those with eating disorders.

Elliot Sailors is not so much off the hook for eating disorders as she is for terming out of the career. At age 31, she would either have one by now or not. Her modeling career as a female model is over. She's just too old. Being on or off the hook for an eating disorder isn't really a consideration.

From the pictures, at 31 she can no longer be a female clothes rack, but she looks like a man in his early 20s.

simple.
yet too difficult to grasp for some blinded by tits or lack thereof

The methodology employed: A group of 63 professional fashion models of various nationalities were studied by means of self-reported questionnaires.

oh, brother.
it is a well-known association between the eating disorder and modelling career.
as I've said before - getting blinded by tits does not serve well your brain function.

Do what you like. 63 models from a questionnaire is nonsense....:eusa_hand:

There really is no way to tell whether models are at higher risk of developing an eating disorder, or those who are prone to eating disorders are drawn into modeling because of the opportunities modeling offers to those with eating disorders.

interesting point and could be true.
Elliot Sailors is not so much off the hook for eating disorders as she is for terming out of the career. At age 31, she would either have one by now or not. Her modeling career as a female model is over. She's just too old. Being on or off the hook for an eating disorder isn't really a consideration.

From the pictures, at 31 she can no longer be a female clothes rack, but she looks like a man in his early 20s.

good for her - I see nothing wrong with her switch.
and a smart career move.
nobody knows was she or was she not at a risk of any specific eating problems as it is also propped by a horde mentality among the girls - "I tried this and it worked" type of things. And eating disorders stay with the people sometimes for the rest of their life( or can resurface at the time of stress) - I have a patient which everybody has to have an eye on before her repetitive procedure - since she is still engaged in bulimic episodes, being 50.

Last edited:

oh, brother.

no, it is not.
there are no hundreds of thousand of models - that is not the most populous career.

If it were me, I would never change things about myself to get other people to accept me.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

I think that for her it was more like a business decision rather than being accepted or not. :)

If it were me, I would never change things about myself to get other people to accept me.

Holly

I think that for her it was more like a business decision rather than being accepted or not. :)

I agree the woman made a business decision much like Dustin Hoffman did "Tootsie" or Julie Andrews did in " Victor/Victoria". Nothing new, nothing novel about it.

^^^ Even if it was, if someone doesn't like the Lord's work, they are the one who has a problem.

Holly

What makes you say she doesn't like the Lord's work?? on the contrary, I think she loves the Lord's work.... she can find different types of modelling jobs ... exactly because of the Lord's work ...I'm sure she is a grateful woman! :D

^^^ Even if it was, if someone doesn't like the Lord's work, they are the one who has a problem.

Holly

What makes you say she doesn't like the Lord's work?? on the contrary, I think she loves the Lord's work.... she can find different types of modelling jobs ... exactly because of the Lord's work ...I'm sure she is a grateful woman! :D
Many times the Lord's work is what us mere mortals say it is. The woman has right to pursue her career, it is a tough business and she may have created a demand for her talents.

I would not call her exactly a marriage material but she is definitely the kind of sand you would want to bring to the beach.

"...Homophobe heads will be exploding because they can't tell who is in the stall next to them."
Were you, by some chance, operating under the false impression that folks who oppose the Gay Movement are actually afraid of such folk?

Disgusted oftentimes, granted.

Afraid? Highly unlikely.

Last edited:

Holly
What makes you say she doesn't like the Lord's work?
Well its pretty obvious that she wishes that the Lord had made her a male instead of a female. The Lord did have a reason though for having her be a female.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. How would you feel if your hard work was messed with?

Holly
What makes you say she doesn't like the Lord's work?
Well its pretty obvious that she wishes that the Lord had made her a male instead of a female. The Lord did have a reason though for having her be a female.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. How would you feel if your hard work was messed with?

You are wrong. The woman is smart and is using her natural advantages ( she is VERY tall and somewhat boyish looking) to continue her career as a male model and therefore to make a good living.
Otherwise she would have to switch to something else.

This is just a JOB.

Nothing else.

oh, brother.

no, it is not.
there are no hundreds of thousand of models - that is not the most populous career.

According to the March 2010 listing of the Fashion Model Directory, there are at least 500,000 fashion models in the world....Like I said bupkis...:itsok:

How many fashion models are there in the world? Source and date if possible? | ChaCha
The Fashion Model Directory (FMD) - FashionModelDirectory.com

Forum List

Back