Female Feticide is real Santorum isn't crazy It's an issue

I will not believe extraordinary claims without extraordinary evidence.

nor should you.

fevered imaginings are fevered imaginings. given that the birth rates of girls relative to boys hasn't changed as far as i know, propaganda nonsense like this is just more anti-choice hysteria designed to force women to carry children to term without having amnios etc.

All this babble, and yet nobody has produced a single shred of explanation as to why female feticide is supposedly an issue in our country.

Because it's not. In fact, it has nothing to do with this.

Santorum opposes prenatal screening because they can lead to early detection of trisomy 21, 18, or 16.

The early discovery of those conditions might lead a woman to abort her child as opposed to being surprised when it is born.

It's stupid on the highest magnitude of stupidity, but since Santorum has one card to play, you can expect him to play it merclessly.

To be clear, what is being opposed her is facilitating women having more information during their pregnancy on the grounds of what the hypothetically might do with the information.

Women just can't be trusted with their own health decisions..........

The medical community is very concerned about this very prevalent form of eugenics now entirely endorsed by the left.

Hey if you want to champion eugenics by all means feel free to do so. But let's call it for what it is.

Truth out.

Margaret Sanger would be so proud.

An obstetrician-gynecologist confirmed on Monday Rick Santorum's claim that amniocentesis, a type of prenatal test used to detect Down syndrome, most often leads to aborting the fetus if the genetic disorder is detected.

"What prenatal care has developed into is a search and destroy mission," said Dr. Gene Rudd, who is also senior vice president of Christian Medical & Dental Associations.

Ob-Gyn: Santorum Was Right, Prenatal Testing Used to Abort Disabled, Christian News

Please post a position paper that confirms your statement that the medical community now considers amniocentesis to be eugenics. It's absurd hyperbole.

An amino is also not a prenatal screen.

Your right plays a game with laws

This is from a nonpolitcal site too

Are you frigging kidding me?

Did you look at the banner of the organization?

"BIOPOLITICAL TIMES" and you say it is non-political?

"The weblog of the Center for Genetics and Society, offering commentary and news on human biotechnologies".

You have got to be kidding me!

Immie

She's a moron and a liar. What do you expect?

See my previous post. It IS happening here.

Evidence.

And FYI, imagination does not constitute evidence.

Did you look at the post, dipshit? Take your hands off your eyes and go back and look.

Page 3.

ETA: Since you are obviously too retarded to know how to use a scroll wheel when I tell you to look at my previous post, here it is again, dumbass:

Sex-Selective Abortions Come Home

The physician, who practices in the Bay Area, wanted to find out why so many immigrant Indian women in the United States were so eager to find out the sex of their unborn children, and why so many of them choose abortion when they found out they were carrying a girl.

What she discovered over the course of 65 interviews conducted over several years profoundly shocked her. Fully 89 percent of the women carrying girls opted for an abortion, and nearly half had previously aborted girls.

Puri’s report, published in Social Science and Medicine this last April, makes for grim reading. Women told Puri of their guilt over their sex-selection abortions, how they felt that they were unable to “save” their daughters. Even the women who turned out to be carrying boys this time around could not shake their remorse over having earlier aborted daughters in this deadly game of reproductive roulette.

They also made clear that they were not free actors when it came to reproductive “choice.” Many, when it was learned that they were carrying girls, became the victims of family violence. Some — in an effort to make them miscarry — had been slapped and shoved around by angry husbands and in-laws, or even kicked in the stomach. Others were denied food, water, and rest in order to coerce them into aborting their unwanted girl babies.

Looking at the sex ratio at birth among U.S.-born children of Chinese, Korean, and Asian-Indian parents, they found that first-borns showed normal sex ratios at birth. But if the first child was a girl, the sex ratio jumped to 117, and if the first two children were girls, then the sex ratio jumped to 151. That is to say, for every 151 boys, there were only 100 hundred surviving girls. The rest had been eliminated.

Last edited:
Frankly I'm sick to death of the raging headlines and thread titles that attempt to portray Santorum as some crazy anti woman's rights candidate.

Because there are serious ethical concerns in the medical community with prenatal testing. And we do find eugenics in play here. Thank you Maggie Sanger.

But now we have female feticide.

This is one of these situations where the slippery slope was envisioned but everyone went "nah, that can't happen".

Abortions based on gender are on the rise here. For years it's just been a slaughter of female fetuses in Asia. Just a slaughter.

Now to our life in North America.

Canadian Doctor’s Suggestion to Delay Revealing Baby’s Sex Ignites Controversy over ‘Feticide’

by Megan Ogilvie and Raveena Aulakh, Toronto Star
January 16th, 2012

Jyotika Hussain, 29, is seen playing with her daughter, Inaaya (8 months) in their Mississauga home. Jyotika wanted to find out the sex of her baby when she was pregnant to plan clothes and the nursery colours, but an ultra-sound technician either couldn't or wouldn't tell her the sex of the baby.

Health-care workers should not reveal the sex of a fetus to parents until after 30 weeks of pregnancy to combat female feticide — the intentional abortion of female fetuses because of a preference for sons, the editor of the country’s top medical journal says.

Dr. Rajendra Kale says the problem of female feticide in Canada is relatively small compared to countries such as India and China where the practice happens “by the millions.” But, he adds, research has shown female feticide is undoubtedly happening in Canada — and therefore rules should be put in place to stop the “evil” practice.

“It is discrimination against women in its most extreme form,” says Kale, whose controversial editorial in the Canadian Medical Association Journal sparked swift reaction from all corners of the medical community after its release Monday.

In greater Toronto there are signs that female feticide does occur — to the point that some South Asian women claim some ultrasound technicians are already withholding the sex of a fetus.

“There is enormous evidence in Canada that a segment of the South-Asian community prefers boys over girls,” says Baldev Mutta, executive director of the Punjabi Community Health Services in Peel Region, which helps new immigrants, people with addiction issues and abused women.

“There is no doubt that aborting female fetuses, because it’s a female fetus, happens in Canada too.”

AND here's the kicker

Mutta says he has lost count of the young pregnant women who have come to the agency because they already have one or two daughters and their in-laws want them to check the gender of the fetus “…and if it’s a girl, to abort it.”

“They don’t have a choice,” says Mutta. “If they don’t do as told, they are threatened with divorce.”

To Kale, a solution to female feticide is to postpone telling women the sex of a fetus until after 30 weeks pregnancy — a point at which it is nearly impossible to have an unquestioned abortion. Currently, the sex of a fetus is usually revealed at around 18 or 19 weeks pregnancy.

He argues the rule would not impede a woman’s right to medical information about herself because finding out the sex of a fetus is not medically relevant. He also suggests the rule must apply to women of all ethnicities to prevent discrimination at the doctor’s office.

CGS*:*Canadian Doctor’s Suggestion to Delay Revealing Baby’s Sex Ignites Controversy over ‘Feticide’

look at the link

It is extremely rare for a Down's syndrome fetus to jeopardize the health of the mother.

I suppose that is true if you think mental well being doesn't influence health.

Like I said, they find a Down's Syndrome child inconvenient.

i'd say that it's more they don't think its fair to the child or to themselves. luckily you don't make moral decisions for others. :thup:

in fact, i'd say it's none of your business. in further fact, i'd say it's certainly none of the government's business.

but let them tell you to put on a seatbelt or pay for health care for that downs syndrome child....

suuuuuuuuuuuure love those 'small government' types.

Last edited:
CGS*:*Republican Bill Exploits Concerns about Sexism and Racism to Undermine Abortion Rights

House Republicans held a hearing last week to promote their latest effort to undermine reproductive rights, the cynically named Susan B. Anthony and Frederick Douglass Prenatal Nondiscrimination Act (PRENDA).

The bill, which would prohibit doctors from performing abortions based on the sex or race of the fetus, is sponsored by Representative Trent Franks of Arizona, where a similar bill became law earlier this year. Franks openly acknowledges that PRENDA is part of a broader push to overturn abortion rights. “People will say I have a greater agenda – and they are right,” he told The Daily Caller.

Franks explains his sponsorship of the bill by citing statistics showing that African-American women account for a disproportionately high number of the abortions in America. As Washington Post columnist Dana Milbank points out, Franks “established his credentials as a civil rights leader last year when [he] argued that, because of high abortion rates in black communities, African Americans were better off under slavery.”

look at the link

"The weblog of the Center for Genetics and Society, offering commentary and news on human biotechnologies".

Immie

They are from the EXACT same site

So now you leftist shit stains aren't satisfied with saying abortion is something that a woman should be able to decide to do with her own body, now you want to classify MURDER of the unborn as a RIGHT?

You people are truly sickening, immoral, heartless bastards.

Hmm, Abortion is legal in this country. What have the Republicans accomplished in getting that changed?

If I recall correctly just a few years ago, the RED state of South Dakota make abortion illegal, called it murder. The voters of that RED state voted to dump that law.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Immie

A minimum of two hundred and fifty more posts from her telling us this is a non-political website.

Immie

Immie

as opposed to the wacko o/p?

i'd say they deserve each other. :thup:

Immie

They are from the EXACT same site

So? None of us have claimed it was non-political. Even Tinydancer did not make that idiotic claim.

Immie

Immie

A minimum of two hundred and fifty more posts from her telling us this is a non-political website.

Immie

They are from the same site Immy

Inthemiddle, the evidence gender selective abortions are occuring here in the US has now been posted by me TWICE. And you have been pointed to it FOUR TIMES.

Any denial beyond this point is straight up lying on your part.

It is happening. Here.

It stands to reason that activists in the US want fewer girls. There is a societal manipulation that the population of homosexual men might increase with fewer women.

:lmao: :lmao:

And the funniest part.....you really believe that shit.

:lmao: :lmao:

Let us remember, folks, it's the fault of the GAYS!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Too many folks want designer babies like they want designer everything else. These evil conservatives are getting in the way of folks choosing their baby like they choose anything else. "But we wanted green eyes. We will just toss this one and get one more to our liking"

There is no prenatal screen that says anything about eye color.

he never lets a good lie go to waste.

Forum List

Back