Female Feticide is real Santorum isn't crazy It's an issue

I guess I missed all those Republican bills in congress to help these fetuses once they come actual children.

Or does cutting home heating assistance to the poor so the rich can have a tax cut not count?
You're really fast there getting off topic just to bash the Republicans. The thread is about abortion, not heating oil and tax cuts.

TM I've been a woman's rights advocate for years. You tell me with these statistics from the United Nations how this is a left wing or right wing issue.

Catch the numbers. It's appalling. And it's happening.

The United Nations Children's Fund states that systematic gender discrimination has resulted in up to 50 million girls and women "going missing" from India's population.

These findings are endorsed by the abnormal sex ratio figures found in the of Census 2001. ] An analysis of the fertility and mortality survey of 1998 estimates that about 0.5 million female births go missing yearly.

These translate into approximately 10 million female fetuses getting aborted over the past two decades.
TM will praise only the left. Here's an example of the Republicans sponsoring a bill intended to stop gender-determined abortions and she doesn't like the motivation.

Liberals tend not to care about fetuses, male or female. Their hedonist values demand that abortion is available as a convenience throughout the pregnancy and up until birth. Therefore, it makes no difference to them why the abortion came about.

Read the bill moron.
It doesn't matter what the bill says. TM hates the fact that Republicans wrote it.

Should we start making laws on what men can do with their penises?
We already have some of those:

I can't take mine out in public.
I can't stick mine in minor's body.
I can't send pictures of mine to minors.
I can't sell my stud services to horny women.

....not that I want to do any of those, but they are all AGAINST THE FUCKING LAW!

same with women huh?

Now what law tells a man what he can put in his penis?

What laws tell a man he can not alter it if he choses?

If immigrants bring all of their other cultural norms with them, what makes you think they don't bring their gender selective abortion practices with them?

Okay, my turn.....

If one-eyed, one-horned, flying, purple people eaters invade the country.....

Well, you get the picture. How about we now talk about something that's actually going on in this country, instead of speculating about speculation, and crying that we need to set public policy based on the same....

See my previous post. It IS happening here.

will you make laws to prohibit this because SOMEONES religion doesnt like them?

will you make laws to prohibit this because SOMEONES religion doesnt like them?

There is a difference between making someone NOT do something and making someone DO something.

If someone's religion involves the use of marijuana, the Supreme Court has ruled they can be prevented from doing so. So if someone's religion involves a harmful practice, then that practice can be banned.

If immigrants bring all of their other cultural norms with them, what makes you think they don't bring their gender selective abortion practices with them?

Okay, my turn.....

Well, you get the picture. How about we now talk about something that's actually going on in this country, instead of speculating about speculation, and crying that we need to set public policy based on the same....

If it's happening in Canada it's happening in the US.

Did you not see my posts about this where a very well known and respected physician here has called for a delay in the notification of gender to prevent female fetacide?

That article that I linked to also points out that many young wives who already have one or two daughters are now being forced to abort based on gender by husbands who want a son or parents or in laws who want a grandson.

Do you really believe we are isolated from this?

Okay, my turn.....

Did you not see my posts about this where a very well known and respected physician here has called for a delay in the notification of gender to prevent female fetacide?

That article that I linked to also points out that many young wives who already have one or two daughters are now being forced to abort based on gender by husbands who want a son or parents or in laws who want a grandson.

We aren't isolated from this. I have posted evidence we aren't on Page 3.

All this babble, and yet nobody has produced a single shred of explanation as to why female feticide is supposedly an issue in our country.

Because it's not. In fact, it has nothing to do with this.

Santorum opposes prenatal screening because they can lead to early detection of trisomy 21, 18, or 16.

The early discovery of those conditions might lead a woman to abort her child as opposed to being surprised when it is born.

It's stupid on the highest magnitude of stupidity, but since Santorum has one card to play, you can expect him to play it merclessly.

To be clear, what is being opposed her is facilitating women having more information during their pregnancy on the grounds of what the hypothetically might do with the information.

Women just can't be trusted with their own health decisions..........

You can not force your will INSIDE another persons body.

Their body is their domain and not yours

Okay, my turn.....

That is not his decision. His position smacks of the worst kind of paternalistic medicine.

It also has nothing to do with the tri or quad screen, which deal with trisomies and not gender.

Last edited:
What laws tell a man he can not alter it if he choses?

If altering my penis somehow resulted in the death of another person, then the State should ban it. Yes.

Any more stupid questions?

There is no death of a person.

The courts have already decided that one huh?

Then why did you ask about altering reproductive organs and the law? You were obviously attempting to make a very stupid comparison.

All this babble, and yet nobody has produced a single shred of explanation as to why female feticide is supposedly an issue in our country.

Santorum opposes prenatal screening because they can lead to early detection of trisomy 21, 18, or 16.

The early discovery of those conditions might lead a woman to abort her child as opposed to being surprised when it is born.

It's stupid on the highest magnitude of stupidity, but since Santorum has one card to play, you can expect him to play it merclessly.

To be clear, what is being opposed her is facilitating women having more information during their pregnancy on the grounds of what the hypothetically might do with the information.

And pro-choicers deny most abortions are convenience abortions when in fact the vast majority are. Trisomy 21, 18, or 16 have nothing to do with the health of the mother. Nor does the gender of the baby.

It is all about being inconvenienced.

Last edited:
Okay, my turn.....

We aren't isolated from this. I have posted evidence we aren't on Page 3.

Yuppers.I saw that. I can't believe that posters like Inthemiddle can't believe what we post when we link to non political websites.

CGS*:*Republican Bill Exploits Concerns about Sexism and Racism to Undermine Abortion Rights

House Republicans held a hearing last week to promote their latest effort to undermine reproductive rights, the cynically named Susan B. Anthony and Frederick Douglass Prenatal Nondiscrimination Act (PRENDA).

The bill, which would prohibit doctors from performing abortions based on the sex or race of the fetus, is sponsored by Representative Trent Franks of Arizona, where a similar bill became law earlier this year. Franks openly acknowledges that PRENDA is part of a broader push to overturn abortion rights. “People will say I have a greater agenda – and they are right,” he told The Daily Caller.

Franks explains his sponsorship of the bill by citing statistics showing that African-American women account for a disproportionately high number of the abortions in America. As Washington Post columnist Dana Milbank points out, Franks “established his credentials as a civil rights leader last year when [he] argued that, because of high abortion rates in black communities, African Americans were better off under slavery.”

Your right plays a game with laws

CGS*:*Republican Bill Exploits Concerns about Sexism and Racism to Undermine Abortion Rights

House Republicans held a hearing last week to promote their latest effort to undermine reproductive rights, the cynically named Susan B. Anthony and Frederick Douglass Prenatal Nondiscrimination Act (PRENDA).

The bill, which would prohibit doctors from performing abortions based on the sex or race of the fetus, is sponsored by Representative Trent Franks of Arizona, where a similar bill became law earlier this year. Franks openly acknowledges that PRENDA is part of a broader push to overturn abortion rights. “People will say I have a greater agenda – and they are right,” he told The Daily Caller.

Franks explains his sponsorship of the bill by citing statistics showing that African-American women account for a disproportionately high number of the abortions in America. As Washington Post columnist Dana Milbank points out, Franks “established his credentials as a civil rights leader last year when [he] argued that, because of high abortion rates in black communities, African Americans were better off under slavery.”

Isn't it funny how word usage can make something that is basically good sound like something monsterous?

I mean "undermining", "prohibit doctors from performing abortions based on the sex or race of the fetus"?

Oh, wait, before I go any further TM, do you think it is a good thing for doctors to perform abortions because of the gender of the fetus? You know in China they abort female fetuses all the time because of the one child per couple rule. Maybe you think we should begin doing this... for the good of the people of course.

Immie

The reason blacks account for a disproportionate number of abortions is because blacks account for a disproportionate number of the poor.

Too many folks want designer babies like they want designer everything else. These evil conservatives are getting in the way of folks choosing their baby like they choose anything else. "But we wanted green eyes. We will just toss this one and get one more to our liking"

There is no prenatal screen that says anything about eye color.

Not yet, but with advancements in genetics... who knows what the future may hold?

Immie

And pro-choicers deny most abortions are convenience abortions when in fact the vast majority are. Trisomy 21, 18, or 16 have nothing to do with the health of the mother. Nor does the gender of the baby.

It is all about being inconvenienced.

If you believe that a trisomy has nothing to do with the health of a mother, you are clueless.

I know most abortions are for convenience. It's irrelevant to the issue. The law makes no provisions for motivation behind abortion.

Forum List

Back