Female Feticide is real Santorum isn't crazy It's an issue

The evidence is clear. Females are being aborted here in the US for the sole reason of being female. Doctors, economists, and human rights organizations have all indicated it is happening right here. A practice an overwhelming 86 percent of Americans believe should be outlawed. So that means that even the majority of pro-choice people believe it should be outlawed.

Pro-lifers have decried the legalization of abortion because it cheapens life, and leads to abhorrent practices like sex-selective abortions.

It isn't a slippery slope fallacy if it is really happening.

And it is.

I don't disagree with you.

Unfortunately, I don't think the Republicans really care to change things.

Note: I'm not sure if you were addressing my post with this one or not, but while I agree with you that it is happening, I really don't think our politicians care. I wish I felt differently, but I don't.

Immie

CGS*:*Republican Bill Exploits Concerns about Sexism and Racism to Undermine Abortion Rights

House Republicans held a hearing last week to promote their latest effort to undermine reproductive rights, the cynically named Susan B. Anthony and Frederick Douglass Prenatal Nondiscrimination Act (PRENDA).

The bill, which would prohibit doctors from performing abortions based on the sex or race of the fetus, is sponsored by Representative Trent Franks of Arizona, where a similar bill became law earlier this year. Franks openly acknowledges that PRENDA is part of a broader push to overturn abortion rights. “People will say I have a greater agenda – and they are right,” he told The Daily Caller.

Franks explains his sponsorship of the bill by citing statistics showing that African-American women account for a disproportionately high number of the abortions in America. As Washington Post columnist Dana Milbank points out, Franks “established his credentials as a civil rights leader last year when [he] argued that, because of high abortion rates in black communities, African Americans were better off under slavery.”

Your right plays a game with laws

This is from a nonpolitcal site too

this is what I said

The evidence is clear. Females are being aborted here in the US for the sole reason of being female. Doctors, economists, and human rights organizations have all indicated it is happening right here. A practice an overwhelming 86 percent of Americans believe should be outlawed. So that means that even the majority of pro-choice people believe it should be outlawed.

Pro-lifers have decried the legalization of abortion because it cheapens life, and leads to abhorrent practices like sex-selective abortions.

And it is.
S

Note: I'm not sure if you were addressing my post with this one or not, but while I agree with you that it is happening, I really don't think our politicians care. I wish I felt differently, but I don't.

Immie

If the GOP actually wanted th change things, they would have done so in the years when they had the house, senate, presidency, and 7/9 SCOUTUS appointees.

Yuppers.I saw that. I can't believe that posters like Inthemiddle can't believe what we post when we link to non political websites.

Were you not talking about the OP link?

I stand corrected and offer my apologies. TD did in fact claim it was non-political.

Bullshit, it most definitely is political and it is, I have to repeat myself, idiotic to claim otherwise.

Immie

How in the heck is CGS political? Have you read the link I provided in the OP? And the Toronto Star is a very liberal paper.

We talk honestly about shit up here. And the Doctor who recommended the delay is in no way going against abortion rights for women whatsoever. He just wants to prevent female fetacide.

Here is their About Us.

About the Center for Genetics and Society

The Center for Genetics and Society is a nonprofit information and public affairs organization working to encourage responsible uses and effective societal governance of the new human genetic and reproductive technologies. We work with a growing network of scientists, health professionals, civil society leaders, and others.

The Center supports benign and beneficent medical applications of the new human genetic and reproductive technologies, and opposes those applications that objectify and commodify human life and threaten to divide human society.

The Center works in a context of support for the equitable provision of health technologies domestically and internationally; for women's health and reproductive rights; for the protection of our children; for the rights of the disabled; and for precaution in the use of technologies that could alter the fundamental processes of the natural world.

Please contact us for information on publications, briefings, conferences and other activities.

Last edited:

And it is.

Immie

If the GOP actually wanted th change things, they would have done so in the years when they had the house, senate, presidency, and 7/9 SCOUTUS appointees.

Exactly, and that was what I was attempting to say. They talk the talk, but won't walk the walk.

Same goes with shrinking the size of the government. They lament about Obama's spending, but when the shoe is on the other foot... nothing changes.

Immie

Here is the peer-reviewed scientific journal article about the use of sex-selective abortions being used in the United States by Chinese, Koreans, and Asian Indians: Son-biased sex ratios in the 2000 United States Census

if you actually read the link, it says that sex selection seems to occur for THIRD children

there are many doctors now who help parents pick the sex of their child.

and? after two girls, why wouldn't someone want a boy?

do you object to in vitro, too, you know, because of the snowflake babies?

Immie

Exactly, and that was what I was attempting to say. They talk the talk, but won't walk the walk.

Same goes with shrinking the size of the government. They lament about Obama's spending, but when the shoe is on the other foot... nothing changes.

Immie

The GOP makes too much actual and political capital off of abortion. For people who vote purely on the life issue, their best bet is to form a new party.

Were you not talking about the OP link?

I stand corrected and offer my apologies. TD did in fact claim it was non-political.

Bullshit, it most definitely is political and it is, I have to repeat myself, idiotic to claim otherwise.

Immie

How in hell is CGS political? Have you read the link I provided in the OP? And the Toronto Star is a very liberal paper.

We talk honestly about shit up here. And the Doctor who recommended the delay is in no way going against abortion rights for women whatsoever. He just wants to prevent female fetacide.

Here is their About Us.

About the Center for Genetics and Society

The Center for Genetics and Society is a nonprofit information and public affairs organization working to encourage responsible uses and effective societal governance of the new human genetic and reproductive technologies. We work with a growing network of scientists, health professionals, civil society leaders, and others.

The Center supports benign and beneficent medical applications of the new human genetic and reproductive technologies, and opposes those applications that objectify and commodify human life and threaten to divide human society.

The Center works in a context of support for the equitable provision of health technologies domestically and internationally; for women's health and reproductive rights; for the protection of our children; for the rights of the disabled; and for precaution in the use of technologies that could alter the fundamental processes of the natural world.

Please contact us for information on publications, briefings, conferences and other activities.

More information:

TD, what part of that doesn't scream political?

All the buzzwords are there. What are you missing?

Hell, public affairs basically means political and that is in the first sentence. Then you have "effective societal", "support", "opposes", and the entire last paragraph describing what they work for.

Sorry, TD, but this IS a political site even if they don't want to call it one.

Immie

And it is.
S

Immie

You call the Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act and Gonzales v. Carhart nothing? It took years from enactment to a Supreme Court ruling upholding it.

You should also read this: States Enact Record Number of Abortion Restrictions in First Half of 2011

Immie

See? You go from "opinion" to stating it as fact in a handful of posts.

That's how the making-shit-up tactic works.

The evidence, once again, contradicts: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partial-Birth_Abortion_Ban_Act

http://www.guttmacher.org/media/inthenews/2011/07/13/index.html

Last edited:
I call bullshit on that.

It's actually not that terribly difficult if you know some basic facts. Eye color is genetically determined mainly through dominant/recessive relationships. It does get a little more complicated, because there are several genes that are involved in creating the final product of mixed coloration. But knowing the history of the parents and grandparents, you can extrapolate the dominant and recessive characteristics that the parents possess and can possibly pass on to the child, and how they are likely to blend into your child's eye color.

I have blue eyes my wife had green eyes.

So tell me what color eyes do my children have?

I said I needed to have a conversation with you and your partner. Not two sentences via the web. ;) I'd need to actually see your eye color and hers, and would need info about your parents and ancestries to be able to give a more accurate prediction. But just going on that alone, I'm going to say most likely blue, possibly hazel. Green and even grey are possible, but less likely. Like I said, it's not as simple as two sentences.

CGS*:*Republican Bill Exploits Concerns about Sexism and Racism to Undermine Abortion Rights

The bill, which would prohibit doctors from performing abortions based on the sex or race of the fetus, is sponsored by Representative Trent Franks of Arizona, where a similar bill became law earlier this year. Franks openly acknowledges that PRENDA is part of a broader push to overturn abortion rights. “People will say I have a greater agenda – and they are right,” he told The Daily Caller.

do you claim this inteview never took place?

S

Immie

You call the Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act and Gonzales v. Carhart nothing? It took years from enactment to a Supreme Court ruling upholding it.

You should also read this: States Enact Record Number of Abortion Restrictions in First Half of 2011

No. It's a bone.

Far from the steak.

Okay, my turn.....

If one-eyed, one-horned, flying, purple people eaters invade the country.....

Well, you get the picture. How about we now talk about something that's actually going on in this country, instead of speculating about speculation, and crying that we need to set public policy based on the same....

If it's happening in Canada it's happening in the US.

Did you not see my posts about this where a very well known and respected physician here has called for a delay in the notification of gender to prevent female fetacide?

That article that I linked to also points out that many young wives who already have one or two daughters are now being forced to abort based on gender by husbands who want a son or parents or in laws who want a grandson.

Do you really believe we are isolated from this?

So you want to deny parentss the right to know the sex of their kid so you can control the outcome.
Um who the fuck do you think you or this doctor. I was just at an ultrasound yesterday and had you pulled this sbit, i would have decked you.

All the Doctor is recommending is a delay in the revelation of the sex of the child.

Nothing else.

Now if you left wingers want to abort based on disabilities or gender just call it eugenics and vacuum suck away.

But let's call it for what it is. Eugenics. Plain and simple.

Did you look at the post, dipshit? Take your hands off your eyes and go back and look.

Yes. But it provided no evidence. It was nothing more than anecdotal discussion and speculation based thereon, with claims of statistics that have not been scientifically established.

The physician, who practices in the Bay Area, wanted to find out why so many immigrant Indian women in the United States were so eager to find out the sex of their unborn children, and why so many of them choose abortion when they found out they were carrying a girl.

What she discovered over the course of 65 interviews conducted over several years profoundly shocked her. Fully 89 percent of the women carrying girls opted for an abortion, and nearly half had previously aborted girls.

Puri’s report, published in Social Science and Medicine this last April, makes for grim reading. Women told Puri of their guilt over their sex-selection abortions, how they felt that they were unable to “save” their daughters. Even the women who turned out to be carrying boys this time around could not shake their remorse over having earlier aborted daughters in this deadly game of reproductive roulette.

They also made clear that they were not free actors when it came to reproductive “choice.” Many, when it was learned that they were carrying girls, became the victims of family violence. Some — in an effort to make them miscarry — had been slapped and shoved around by angry husbands and in-laws, or even kicked in the stomach. Others were denied food, water, and rest in order to coerce them into aborting their unwanted girl babies.

At best, all you've done here is establish that abortions occur electively. While I don't agree with people doing that, YOU STILL CANNOT DEMONSTRATE THAT THIS IS ACTUALLY AN ISSUE IN OUR COUNTRY. Just because it happens doesn't mean it's any kind of pressing issue facing us right now. You know what else happens in our country? Bank robberies. That doesn't mean it's an issue facing our country, or that it's worth while to select Presidential candidates based on them screaming "OMGBANKROBBERIESWENEEDMOREGUNCONTROL!"

Last edited:

Forum List

Back