Female Feticide is real Santorum isn't crazy It's an issue

It is extremely rare for a Down's syndrome fetus to jeopardize the health of the mother.

I suppose that is true if you think mental well being doesn't influence health.

Like I said, they find a Down's Syndrome child inconvenient.

Pro eugenics is the mantra for the left. They've hid it for years, but it's all coming to a head now.

I just wish they would admit that's how they really feel. They just want to get rid of the feeble in the womb like Sanger and others wanted.

Your right plays a game with laws

This is from a nonpolitcal site too

Are you frigging kidding me?

Did you look at the banner of the organization?

"BIOPOLITICAL TIMES" and you say it is non-political?

"The weblog of the Center for Genetics and Society, offering commentary and news on human biotechnologies".

You have got to be kidding me!

Immie

dude, that's the weblog from the o/p's site.

More evidence: Pressure to Bear Sons Leads Some Immigrant Indian Women to Sex Selection, Abortion, Study Finds

Cultural pressure to bear male offspring leads some immigrant Indian women in the United States to use readily available reproductive technology in an effort to select sons or abort female fetuses, steps that are legal in this country but illegal in India, according to a University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) study.

Women identified female in-laws and husbands as sources of significant pressure to have male children. This was especially true when in-laws lived nearby, but also occurred if they remained in India.

This research was supported by the UCB-UCSF Joint Medical Program Research Fund, the Berkeley Human Rights Fellowship, and the UCSF Pathways to Careers in Clinical and Translational Research Fellowship, a program of the Clinical and Translational Science Institute.

"The weblog of the Center for Genetics and Society, offering commentary and news on human biotechnologies".

Immie

She's a moron and a liar. What do you expect?

They are from the EXACT same site

So? You said it was non-political.

If it's happening in Canada it's happening in the US.

Did you not see my posts about this where a very well known and respected physician here has called for a delay in the notification of gender to prevent female fetacide?

That article that I linked to also points out that many young wives who already have one or two daughters are now being forced to abort based on gender by husbands who want a son or parents or in laws who want a grandson.

Do you really believe we are isolated from this?

We aren't isolated from this. I have posted evidence we aren't on Page 3.

Yuppers.I saw that. I can't believe that posters like Inthemiddle can't believe what we post when we link to non political websites.

Were you not talking about the OP link?

So now you leftist shit stains aren't satisfied with saying abortion is something that a woman should be able to decide to do with her own body, now you want to classify MURDER of the unborn as a RIGHT?

You people are truly sickening, immoral, heartless bastards.

Hmm, Abortion is legal in this country. What have the Republicans accomplished in getting that changed?

If I recall correctly just a few years ago, the RED state of South Dakota make abortion illegal, called it murder. The voters of that RED state voted to dump that law.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm not convinced the Republican Party wants to make abortion illegal. In fact, I would venture to say if there was such a thing as a truth serum and we could give it to Republican leaders and ask them if they want to make Abortion illegal, they would tell us, "hell no we don't want to make it illegal. As long as it is legal we have a defining point between us and the Democrats that we can use to our advantage. If we didn't have this issue... well, we would look like the Democrats and we can't have that."

Politicians only care about abortion because they think they can manipulate others based on their stand.

It is only the rest of us, who have opinions on abortion either pro-choice or pro-life, that care one way or the other about the issue.

Let me clarify that. A politician may have an opinion on the issue, but said opinion is of little or no consequence when it comes to politics.

Immie

Most Americans rightly regard sex-selective abortions as odious; in a 2006 Zogby poll, an overwhelming 86 percent of Americans agreed that such abortions should be illegal. But they're not illegal - and as economists Douglas Almond and Lena Edlund indicate in the latest issue of PNAS, they are now occurring in the United States, too.

Almond and Edlund examined the ratio of boys to girls among US children born to Chinese, Korean, and Indian parents. For the first children of these Asian-American families, the sex ratio was the normal 1.05-to-1. But when the first baby is a girl, the odds of the second being a boy rose to 1.17-to-1. After two sisters, the likelihood of the third being a son leaped to 1.51-to-1. This is clear "evidence of sex selection, most likely at the prenatal stage," the authors write. Prenatal sex tests for pregnant women are now available earlier, more cheaply, and more conveniently than ever, "raising the prospect of sex selection becoming more widely practiced in the near future."

Choosing to eliminate unwanted daughters - The Boston Globe

Last edited:
This is from a nonpolitcal site too

Immie

And your point?

No one claimed the OP was not political.

Immie

I'm not convinced the Republican Party wants to make abortion illegal. In fact, I would venture to say if there was such a thing as a truth serum and we could give it to Republican leaders and ask them if they want to make Abortion illegal, they would tell us, "hell no we don't want to make it illegal. As long as it is legal we have a defining point between us and the Democrats that we can use to our advantage. If we didn't have this issue... well, we would look like the Democrats and we can't have that."

Just making shit up now, are we?

We aren't isolated from this. I have posted evidence we aren't on Page 3.

Yuppers.I saw that. I can't believe that posters like Inthemiddle can't believe what we post when we link to non political websites.

Were you not talking about the OP link?

I stand corrected and offer my apologies. TD did in fact claim it was non-political.

Bullshit, it most definitely is political and it is, I have to repeat myself, idiotic to claim otherwise.

Immie

Immie

She's a moron and a liar. What do you expect?

as opposed to the wacko o/p?

i'd say they deserve each other. :thup:

How is this issue whacked?

It's a concern even to the United Nations. It's an issue on many levels including a woman's rights issue and human rights issue.

You look so foolish when you make such ludicrous blanket statements with no debate whatsoever and just childish responses.

From this website which is by no means a right wing website:

International Humanist and Ethical Union
The world union of Humanist organizations

"As a result of selective abortion, between 35 and 40 million girls and women are missing from the Indian population. In some parts of the country, the sex ratio of girls to boys has dropped to less than 800:1,000. The United Nations has expressed serious concern about the situation."

http://www.iheu.org/female-foeticide-in-india

Immie

And your point?

No one claimed the OP was not political.

Immie

so you were castigating her for calling it "non-political"?

and like i said, the two of them deserve each other.

Um, the post was clearly an opinion. Do you understand that?

Immie

Um, the post was clearly an opinion. Do you understand that?

Immie

I know how that tactic works. You aren't fooling anyone.

The evidence is clear. Females are being aborted here in the US for the sole reason of being female. Doctors, economists, and human rights organizations have all indicated it is happening right here. A practice an overwhelming 86 percent of Americans believe should be outlawed. So that means that even the majority of pro-choice people believe it should be outlawed.

Pro-lifers have decried the legalization of abortion because it cheapens life, and leads to abhorrent practices like sex-selective abortions.

It isn't a slippery slope fallacy if it is really happening.

And it is.

Forum List

Back