Female Feticide is real Santorum isn't crazy It's an issue

CGS*:*Republican Bill Exploits Concerns about Sexism and Racism to Undermine Abortion Rights

House Republicans held a hearing last week to promote their latest effort to undermine reproductive rights, the cynically named Susan B. Anthony and Frederick Douglass Prenatal Nondiscrimination Act (PRENDA).

The bill, which would prohibit doctors from performing abortions based on the sex or race of the fetus, is sponsored by Representative Trent Franks of Arizona, where a similar bill became law earlier this year. Franks openly acknowledges that PRENDA is part of a broader push to overturn abortion rights. “People will say I have a greater agenda – and they are right,” he told The Daily Caller.

Franks explains his sponsorship of the bill by citing statistics showing that African-American women account for a disproportionately high number of the abortions in America. As Washington Post columnist Dana Milbank points out, Franks “established his credentials as a civil rights leader last year when [he] argued that, because of high abortion rates in black communities, African Americans were better off under slavery.”

Isn't it funny how word usage can make something that is basically good sound like something monsterous?

I mean "undermining", "prohibit doctors from performing abortions based on the sex or race of the fetus"?

Oh, wait, before I go any further TM, do you think it is a good thing for doctors to perform abortions because of the gender of the fetus? You know in China they abort female fetuses all the time because of the one child per couple rule. Maybe you think we should begin doing this... for the good of the people of course.

Immie

They do that because of the government laws. Anytime the government tries to regulate things like this they just fuck it up.

That's why "big gubmint" needs to simply stay out of making laws regarding abortion and family planning.

The only ones that should be involved in making that decision is the woman and her doctor. Everyone else, including "big gubmint", needs to butt out and mind their own fucking business.

Because it's not. In fact, it has nothing to do with this.

Santorum opposes prenatal screening because they can lead to early detection of trisomy 21, 18, or 16.

The early discovery of those conditions might lead a woman to abort her child as opposed to being surprised when it is born.

It's stupid on the highest magnitude of stupidity, but since Santorum has one card to play, you can expect him to play it merclessly.

To be clear, what is being opposed her is facilitating women having more information during their pregnancy on the grounds of what the hypothetically might do with the information.

Women just can't be trusted with their own health decisions..........

And pro-choicers deny most abortions are convenience abortions when in fact the vast majority are. Trisomy 21, 18, or 16 have nothing to do with the health of the mother. Nor does the gender of the baby.

It is all about being inconvenienced.

If you believe that a trisomy has nothing to do with the health of a mother, you are clueless.

I know most abortions are for convenience. It's irrelevant to the issue. The law makes no provisions for motivation behind abortion.

Trisomies can occur with any chromosome, but often result in miscarriage. For example, Trisomy 16 is the most common trisomy in human pregnancies, occurring in more than 1% of pregnancies; only those where there are a number of cells with a normal complement of chromosomes called mosaic trisomy 16 survive.[2] This condition, however, usually results in spontaneous miscarriage in the first trimester.

The most common types of autosomal trisomy that survive to birth in humans are:

Trisomy 21 (Down syndrome)
Trisomy 18 (Edwards syndrome)
Trisomy 13 (Patau syndrome)
Trisomy 9
Trisomy 8 (Warkany syndrome 2)
Trisomy 22
Of these, Trisomy 21 and Trisomy 18 are the most common. In rare cases, a fetus with Trisomy 13 can survive, giving rise to Patau syndrome. Autosomal trisomy can be associated with birth defects, mental retardation and shortened life expectancy.

Trisomy of sex chromosomes can also occur:

XXX (Triple X syndrome)
XXY (Klinefelter's syndrome)
XYY

CGS*:*Republican Bill Exploits Concerns about Sexism and Racism to Undermine Abortion Rights

House Republicans held a hearing last week to promote their latest effort to undermine reproductive rights, the cynically named Susan B. Anthony and Frederick Douglass Prenatal Nondiscrimination Act (PRENDA).

The bill, which would prohibit doctors from performing abortions based on the sex or race of the fetus, is sponsored by Representative Trent Franks of Arizona, where a similar bill became law earlier this year. Franks openly acknowledges that PRENDA is part of a broader push to overturn abortion rights. “People will say I have a greater agenda – and they are right,” he told The Daily Caller.

Franks explains his sponsorship of the bill by citing statistics showing that African-American women account for a disproportionately high number of the abortions in America. As Washington Post columnist Dana Milbank points out, Franks “established his credentials as a civil rights leader last year when [he] argued that, because of high abortion rates in black communities, African Americans were better off under slavery.”

Isn't it funny how word usage can make something that is basically good sound like something monsterous?

I mean "undermining", "prohibit doctors from performing abortions based on the sex or race of the fetus"?

Oh, wait, before I go any further TM, do you think it is a good thing for doctors to perform abortions because of the gender of the fetus? You know in China they abort female fetuses all the time because of the one child per couple rule. Maybe you think we should begin doing this... for the good of the people of course.

Immie

They do that because of the government laws. Anytime the government tries to regulate things like this they just fuck it up.

That's why "big gubmint" needs to simply stay out of making laws regarding abortion and family planning.

The only ones that should be involved in making that decision is the woman and her doctor. Everyone else, including "big gubmint", needs to butt out and mind their own fucking business.

I agree with your first two paragraphs but completely disagree with your conclusion.

There happens to be a father involved in every case of abortion and in the vast majority of cases he has a right and should have a say as well.

Immie

If it's happening in Canada it's happening in the US.

Evidence.

Did you not see my posts about this where a very well known and respected physician here has called for a delay in the notification of gender to prevent female fetacide?

I saw it. What I did not see what evidence.

That article that I linked to also points out that many young wives who already have one or two daughters are now being forced to abort based on gender by husbands who want a son or parents or in laws who want a grandson.

Then, it sounds like these women have an issue to take up with their asshole husbands. That, of course, if it's true. Still, no evidence.

Do you really believe we are isolated from this?

I will not believe extraordinary claims without extraordinary evidence.

The reason blacks account for a disproportionate number of abortions is because blacks account for a disproportionate number of the poor.

with that I can agree.

All this babble, and yet nobody has produced a single shred of explanation as to why female feticide is supposedly an issue in our country.

Santorum opposes prenatal screening because they can lead to early detection of trisomy 21, 18, or 16.

The early discovery of those conditions might lead a woman to abort her child as opposed to being surprised when it is born.

It's stupid on the highest magnitude of stupidity, but since Santorum has one card to play, you can expect him to play it merclessly.

To be clear, what is being opposed her is facilitating women having more information during their pregnancy on the grounds of what the hypothetically might do with the information.

The medical community is very concerned about this very prevalent form of eugenics now entirely endorsed by the left.

Hey if you want to champion eugenics by all means feel free to do so. But let's call it for what it is.

Truth out.

Margaret Sanger would be so proud.

An obstetrician-gynecologist confirmed on Monday Rick Santorum's claim that amniocentesis, a type of prenatal test used to detect Down syndrome, most often leads to aborting the fetus if the genetic disorder is detected.

"What prenatal care has developed into is a search and destroy mission," said Dr. Gene Rudd, who is also senior vice president of Christian Medical & Dental Associations.

Ob-Gyn: Santorum Was Right, Prenatal Testing Used to Abort Disabled, Christian News

All this babble, and yet nobody has produced a single shred of explanation as to why female feticide is supposedly an issue in our country.

Exactly. It's mind boggling that people are trying to mutate his position into something that not only is not what he said, but is predicated on a fairy tale about what happens in this country in the first place. I don't know what's worse. That, or the fact that we're now supposed to make public policy based on what allegedly happens in China.

Your right plays a game with laws

This is from a nonpolitcal site too

Exactly. It's mind boggling that people are trying to mutate his position into something that not only is not what he said, but is predicated on a fairy tale about what happens in this country in the first place. I don't know what's worse. That, or the fact that we're now supposed to make public policy based on what allegedly happens in China.

Now you are being willfully blind. I have provided the evidence you demanded that this is going on here, and pointed out same at least twice now. This is the third time.

And that "allegedly" also betrays a lot about your willful blindness.

Just because you deliberately choose not to look does not make it go away.

Last edited:
Its none of your business what legal things a woman does with her womb

It is all of our business if rampant murder is happening. Someone got all huffy about deaths a half a world away in this topic, even though that is all entirely legal as well.

1 million abortions a year vs. a few thousand war deaths. We are all entitled to fight what we believe is a wrong.

Last edited:
Yuppers.I saw that. I can't believe that posters like Inthemiddle can't believe what we post when we link to non political websites.

Links? You want a link? Here, have a link.

Now, let's get down to someone explaining how this is an issue in our country. The only "evidence" that has been presented so far is that abortions happen. If you object to abortion, fine. But the fact remains that abortion is legal in this country, whether you and I like it or not. But that doesn't make this an issue in our country. The issues facing our country right now are the economy, jobs, deficits, accessibility to health care, ect. The reasons people choose to have abortions is not really an issue at this point in time.

Furthermore, I require more than anecdotes to sustain allegations and statistics that should be scientifically studied in a peer-reviewable manner.

And pro-choicers deny most abortions are convenience abortions when in fact the vast majority are. Trisomy 21, 18, or 16 have nothing to do with the health of the mother. Nor does the gender of the baby.

It is all about being inconvenienced.

If you believe that a trisomy has nothing to do with the health of a mother, you are clueless.

I know most abortions are for convenience. It's irrelevant to the issue. The law makes no provisions for motivation behind abortion.

Trisomies can occur with any chromosome, but often result in miscarriage. For example, Trisomy 16 is the most common trisomy in human pregnancies, occurring in more than 1% of pregnancies; only those where there are a number of cells with a normal complement of chromosomes called mosaic trisomy 16 survive.[2] This condition, however, usually results in spontaneous miscarriage in the first trimester.

The most common types of autosomal trisomy that survive to birth in humans are:

Trisomy 21 (Down syndrome)
Trisomy 18 (Edwards syndrome)
Trisomy 13 (Patau syndrome)
Trisomy 9
Trisomy 8 (Warkany syndrome 2)
Trisomy 22
Of these, Trisomy 21 and Trisomy 18 are the most common. In rare cases, a fetus with Trisomy 13 can survive, giving rise to Patau syndrome. Autosomal trisomy can be associated with birth defects, mental retardation and shortened life expectancy.

Trisomy of sex chromosomes can also occur:

XXX (Triple X syndrome)
XXY (Klinefelter's syndrome)
XYY

Thanks for the educational information.

Its none of your business what legal things a woman does with her womb

I don't care about a womans womb, but I do care about the innocent life that her body nutures.

I'm amazed at how liberals can get all up in arms over the death penalty but has no qualms about ending innocent life.

Your right plays a game with laws

This is from a nonpolitcal site too

Are you frigging kidding me?

Did you look at the banner of the organization?

"BIOPOLITICAL TIMES" and you say it is non-political?

"The weblog of the Center for Genetics and Society, offering commentary and news on human biotechnologies".

You have got to be kidding me!

Immie

Forum List

Back