Feds to execute woman who killed victim, cut baby from womb

What's the problem?
One problem is that she is mentally ill

Even now, Montgomery's attorney, Kelley Henry, argues that she deserves to live because she is mentally ill and suffered childhood abuse. But that is not going to won't help much as the date of her execution has been set. "Lisa Montgomery has long accepted full responsibility for her crime, and she will never leave prison," Henry said. "But her severe mental illness and the devastating impacts of her childhood trauma make executing her a profound injustice."

Another problem is that it is a barbaric practice that serves no purpose except to satisfy a lust for revenge and to allow officials to show that they are tough on crime.
Odd how her mental illness is just now being revealed, isn't it?

But obviously she's not so mentally ill she was unable to take responsibility for her barbaric crime.
What the law considers crazy and what everyone thinks of crazy are two different things.....the law has a narrow interruptation--did the crazy person know it was wrong to kill? So any act to hide their crime is automatic proof that they aren't legally crazy.

It shouldn't matter though---being crazy should not be a defense.
It shouldn't -- unless people are more interested in blaming society than criminals.
Not blaming society, The issue is fixing the system.
"The system" IS society.
Oh really? We are "society" The politicians and the laws are "the system" There is a disconnect between the two, unless you think that you. as part of society really have all that much say as to how "the system" functions
The system is part of society.

But you have utterly failed to address one of my key points:

Millions of people are poor. They don't break the law. You seem to believe it's inevitable.

It is not.
Give me a fucking break. I did not say that if people are poor that crime is inevitable. That is nothing more than a pathetic straw man logical fallacy. The point is that poverty, mental illness, and other negative factors are matters of mitigation that must be taken into consideration. Can you possibly get that ?
"Seem to".

What's crystal clear, however, is you'd rather blame society than the criminal. I don't know why you're refusing to own it.
Does this sound familiar? ..... But you have utterly failed to address one of my key points:

What's the problem?
One problem is that she is mentally ill

Even now, Montgomery's attorney, Kelley Henry, argues that she deserves to live because she is mentally ill and suffered childhood abuse. But that is not going to won't help much as the date of her execution has been set. "Lisa Montgomery has long accepted full responsibility for her crime, and she will never leave prison," Henry said. "But her severe mental illness and the devastating impacts of her childhood trauma make executing her a profound injustice."

Another problem is that it is a barbaric practice that serves no purpose except to satisfy a lust for revenge and to allow officials to show that they are tough on crime.
Odd how her mental illness is just now being revealed, isn't it?

But obviously she's not so mentally ill she was unable to take responsibility for her barbaric crime.
What the law considers crazy and what everyone thinks of crazy are two different things.....the law has a narrow interruptation--did the crazy person know it was wrong to kill? So any act to hide their crime is automatic proof that they aren't legally crazy.

It shouldn't matter though---being crazy should not be a defense.
It shouldn't -- unless people are more interested in blaming society than criminals.
Not blaming society, The issue is fixing the system.
"The system" IS society.
Oh really? We are "society" The politicians and the laws are "the system" There is a disconnect between the two, unless you think that you. as part of society really have all that much say as to how "the system" functions
The system is part of society.

But you have utterly failed to address one of my key points:

Millions of people are poor. They don't break the law. You seem to believe it's inevitable.

It is not.
Give me a fucking break. I did not say that if people are poor that crime is inevitable. That is nothing more than a pathetic straw man logical fallacy. The point is that poverty, mental illness, and other negative factors are matters of mitigation that must be taken into consideration. Can you possibly get that ?
"Seem to".

What's crystal clear, however, is you'd rather blame society than the criminal. I don't know why you're refusing to own it.
Does this sound familiar? ..... But you have utterly failed to address one of my key points:
I have no obligation to validate your soft-on-crime irrationality.

Forum List

Back