Feds Seek Felony Charges Against David Petraeus

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
WASHINGTON, Jan 9 (Reuters) - The FBI and Justice Department prosecutors have recommended bringing criminal charges against former CIA chief David Petraeus for improperly providing classified information to a female Army Reserve officer with whom he was having an affair, the New York Times reported on Friday.

The newspaper cited officials who spoke on condition of anonymity. The Justice Department investigation focuses on whether Petraeus gave the woman, Paula Broadwell, access to his CIA email account and other highly classified information. The Times said officials have recommended felony charges.

The recommendations leave U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder with a decision to make on whether to seek an indictment against Petraeus, who quit his CIA post in 2012 after the extramarital affair became publicly known. Petraeus also is one of the leading U.S. military commanders in recent times, having served as commander of American forces in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

More: U.S. Seeks Criminal Charges Against David Petraeus - New York Times

David Petraeus is obviously a smart man - so why did he act so stupid regarding Paula Broadwell? Amore?

Interesting, Petraeus is accused of giving classified information to his mistress.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/10/u...s-against-former-gen-david-petraeus.html?_r=0

WASHINGTON — The F.B.I. and Justice Department prosecutors have recommended bringing felony charges against retired Gen. David H. Petraeus for providing classified information to his former mistress while he was director of the C.I.A., officials said, leaving Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. to decide whether to seek an indictment that could send the pre-eminent military officer of his generation to prison.

The Justice Department investigation stems from an affair Mr. Petraeus had with Paula Broadwell, an Army Reserve officer who was writing his biography, and focuses on whether he gave her access to his C.I.A. email account and other highly classified information.
<more>

The liberal scum bags want to seek charges for some trumped up bulllshit against Petraeus?...Unreal:mad:

WASHINGTON — The F.B.I. and Justice Department prosecutors have recommended bringing felony charges against David H. Petraeus, contending that he provided classified information to a lover while he was director of theC.I.A., officials said, leaving Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. to decide whether to seek an indictment that could send the pre-eminent military officer of his generation to prison.

The Justice Department investigation stems from an affair Mr. Petraeus had with Paula Broadwell, an Army Reserve officer who was writing his biography, and focuses on whether he gave her access to his C.I.A. email account and other highly classified information.

F.B.I. agents discovered classified documents on her computer after Mr. Petraeus resigned from the C.I.A. in 2012 when the affair became public.

Mr. Petraeus, a retired four-star general who served as commander of American forces in both Iraq and Afghanistan, has said he never provided classified information to Ms. Broadwell, and has indicated to the Justice Department that he has no interest in a plea deal that would spare him an embarrassing trial. A lawyer for Mr. Petraeus, Robert B. Barnett, said Friday he had no comment.

The officials who said that charges had been recommended were briefed on the investigation but asked for anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss it.

Mr. Holder was expected to decide by the end of last year whether to bring charges against Mr. Petraeus, but he has not indicated how he plans to proceed. The delay has frustrated some Justice Department and F.B.I. officials and investigators who have questioned whether Mr. Petraeus has received special treatment at a time Mr. Holder has led a crackdown on government officials who reveal secrets to journalists

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/10/u...s-against-former-gen-david-petraeus.html?_r=0

Prosecuting him would be pointless and a disservice. But blaming Obama and Holder for what career investigators have recommended based on the law as written... is what I expect from Wingnuts, actually.

I'm sure...Those two trust worthy fellows would never do such a thing:lmao:

Prosecuting him would be pointless and a disservice. But blaming Obama and Holder for what career investigators have recommended based on the law as written... is what I expect from Wingnuts, actually.

I'm sure...Those two trust worthy fellows would never do such a thing:lmao:

According to the article you posted...

We are safer because of the work that Dave Petraeus has done,” Mr. Obama said, referring to his career in government. “And my main hope right now is — is that he and his family are able to move on and that this ends up being a single side note on what has otherwise been an extraordinary career.”

Wow.. That doesn't sound like a guy who has it out for Petraeus. Is sounds like a guy who is disappointed someone who has otherwise done great service for this country let his dick get him into trouble.

Then there's this...

But investigators concluded that, whether or not the disclosure harmed national security, it amounted to a significant security breach in the office of one of the nation’s most trusted intelligence leaders. They recommended that Mr. Petraeus face charges, saying lower-ranking officials had been prosecuted for far less.

Okay, that seems pretty straightforward. There was information, there's credible information that Petreaus let that information get into the wrong hands (namely the crazy Stalker-woman he was fucking), and that IS a crime.

Does your Obama-hate ever take a nap?

When David Petraeus didn't tow the liberal line and got called David BetrayUs he should have realized he was in the gun sights and would eventually be destroyed.

Maybe it was his dick that destroyed him...
8179188048_0ed19b7e19_b.jpg

The fact that pumpkin pie is an aphrodisiac may offer an explanation for General Petraeus' behavior.
As a Commanding General I bet he ate quite a few Thanksgiving dinners with the troops. ;-)

Interesting, Petraeus is accused of giving classified information to his mistress.

WASHINGTON — The F.B.I. and Justice Department prosecutors have recommended bringing felony charges against retired Gen. David H. Petraeus for providing classified information to his former mistress while he was director of the C.I.A., officials said, leaving Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. to decide whether to seek an indictment that could send the pre-eminent military officer of his generation to prison.

<more>

When is Eric Holder going to step down? Why hasn't Obama found a replacement for him yet? What's the hold up on saying good bye to Holder?

And maybe Broadwell was a plant and they set him up from the beginning. After all, he knows who gave the stand down order in Benghazi. Funny how he didn't testify about that and how the Broadwell affair broke right after Benghazi - the timing was quite interesting wasn't it?

Listen up. No question the General made a huge mistake. No question about it - but did he give her classified information? I do not think so. I think this is a set up and the Obama administration had better drop it and find a replacement for Holder pronto. Enough time has been wasted. It's time to remove Holder and announce the new replacement.

<more>

When is Eric Holder going to step down? Why hasn't Obama found a replacement for him yet? What's the hold up on saying good bye to Holder?

Obama has already nominated Loretta Lynch to replace Holder.

It's up to the Senate to confirm her now.

When David Petraeus didn't tow the liberal line and got called David BetrayUs he should have realized he was in the gun sights and would eventually be destroyed.

Maybe it was his dick that destroyed him...
View attachment 35746
The fact that pumpkin pie is an aphrodisiac may offer an explanation for General Petraeus' behavior.
As a Commanding General I bet he ate quite a few Thanksgiving dinners with the troops. ;-)

Wow. You're just seething with hatred. Aren't you, Bill! Do you get paid for this or is it just therapy for you?

<more>

How long has that been now, Doc? Since it was announced Lynch would replace Holder? Do you know?

<more>

So it was announced Nov. 8th. That was 2 months ago yesterday and still waiting. Why did it take so long for them to find his replacement? When was the first announcement made about Holder stepping down?
Obama names Loretta Lynch as Eric Holder s replacement as attorney general - Washington Times
I've got it - Holder announces he is stepping down on Sept 25th, 2014. We are now at January 8th, 2015 and Holder is still in office. I sense someone has been dragging their feet. Seriously dragging feet here...........

U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Announces He s Stepping Down - Fox Nation

It didn't take Obama 2 months to figure out Loretta Lynch was his replacement. He waits until after the election to announce her so he can stall for more time? Why? What is up with that? It's been 4 months - going on 5 months since Holder announces he is stepping down and he is still there!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back