Feds Seek Felony Charges Against David Petraeus

Who could ever imagine such a day? How many have been fired or let go so far? 147 military leaders? And what did we replace them with? Now we are actually witnessing the WH railroad a 4 star General because he knows who gave the stand down order in Benghazi and he has to be intimidated into silence? What a way to run a government. Sad day for USA.

The libs never liked Petraeus. Successful military men are not high on the liberal's most admired lists
The Right seemed OK with his taking a mistress, or even the possibility he gave her classified information. Odd that they can be so lenient with people they like.
No, not at all. We are just aware of Obama's tactics of using (and abusing) his presidential powers to "punish his enemies" and intimidate those who pose a political threat to him.
Petraeus didn't deny the mistress, he retired, and they looked very cozy in the photo that I saw.
So what? He's not being prosecuted for having a mistress.

Amazing that anyone on the left would defend Petraus. Since when he went in under Bush and the surge they were calling him General Petrayus, which as it turns outs is apparently true. The man is a cheater and a liar that behavior can't be ignored.

What he did in his marriage is between him and his wife, it really isn't anyone else's business.

If he let classified document out, then he committed a crime. You guys sent Bradley Manning to prison for the same thing, and Manning wasn't trying to get some poon-tang out of the deal.

Seems to me that the same rules that apply to Privates should apply to Generals.

Maybe you should try Obama lovers anonymous, and Eric Holder is a piece of shit, racist, scumbag, political hack ...Obama's hack

Only voted for Obama because you fuckheads nominated the Mormon.

But the point was, your own article shows that CAREER investigators determined that Petraeus broke the law.

So do we give him a pass because of his service to the country? Maybe. He still broke the law, though.

I'm sure if Obama gave him a pardon, you'd find fault with that.

Who could ever imagine such a day? How many have been fired or let go so far? 147 military leaders? And what did we replace them with? Now we are actually witnessing the WH railroad a 4 star General because he knows who gave the stand down order in Benghazi and he has to be intimidated into silence? What a way to run a government. Sad day for USA.

Yes, it is sad when there are so many conpsiracy theories that you nutters believe.

Did you even think the logic through on that one? How does prosecuting Petraeus keep him quiet about whatever you guys think happened at Benghazi?

The libs never liked Petraeus. Successful military men are not high on the liberal's most admired lists

I like the guy.

He still fucked up, though. He still violated military regulations by cheating on his wife. (Again, you nuts on the right never got tired of pointing this out when Clinton was caught cheating, even though he wasn't in the military.) He still passed along classified material to someone who shouldn't have had them.

Petraeus great military accomplishment. He made the failure in Iraq look a little better than it actually was.

libs never forget....they never forgive......they will crush anyone they dislike.....
So, you're OK with Petraeus revealing classified information?

I am not, but he has not been convicted of doing so, and he was talking to another former military Officer.

Who was not authorized to have that information.

The law is not even in dispute here. The question is, do we give Petraeus a pass because of his past service and because the violation of the law had no real damaging effects.

It's like saying, "should we give him a pass on a DUI because of his service and because he didn't crash into anyone!"

Unless you are a Right Wing nut, who thinks this is some kind of vast conspiracy by Obama and Holder because they secretly hate Petraeus (even though Obama is the one who tapped him to head the CIA).

I like the guy.

He still fucked up, though. He still violated military regulations by cheating on his wife. (Again, you nuts on the right never got tired of pointing this out when Clinton was caught cheating, even though he wasn't in the military.) He still passed along classified material to someone who shouldn't have had them.

Petraeus great military accomplishment. He made the failure in Iraq look a little better than it actually was.

He did? typical lib guilty until proven innocent. I wonder who leaked this to the New York times? Maybe they should be prosecuted? As far as Bill Clinton who cares, it's the lying under oath that was the crime:thup:

Amazing that anyone on the left would defend Petraus. Since when he went in under Bush and the surge they were calling him General Petrayus, which as it turns outs is apparently true. The man is a cheater and a liar that behavior can't be ignored.

What he did in his marriage is between him and his wife, it really isn't anyone else's business.

If he let classified document out, then he committed a crime. You guys sent Bradley Manning to prison for the same thing, and Manning wasn't trying to get some poon-tang out of the deal.

Seems to me that the same rules that apply to Privates should apply to Generals.

I think we actually agreed. And yes, being truthful and honest in all aspects of life is important. When the story of his infidelity first broke I thought to myself, what does that woman see in him? Now we know.

I like the guy.

What do you mean Clinton was never in the military? When he lied under oath he was CIC.

Maybe you should try Obama lovers anonymous, and Eric Holder is a piece of shit, racist, scumbag, political hack ...Obama's hack

Only voted for Obama because you fuckheads nominated the Mormon.

But the point was, your own article shows that CAREER investigators determined that Petraeus broke the law.

So do we give him a pass because of his service to the country? Maybe. He still broke the law, though.

I'm sure if Obama gave him a pardon, you'd find fault with that.

And if Gandhi was nominated you would be saying the same about him. Nothing in any of your posts I read indicate you would ever vote for anyone other then a progressive.

I like the guy.

What do you mean Clinton was never in the military? When he lied under oath he was CIC.
I don't think that the UCMJ (Uniform Code of Military Justice) applies to the Commander in Chief POTUS

I like the guy.

I don't think that the UCMJ (Uniform Code of Military Justice) applies to the Commander in Chief POTUS

That is interesting, I wonder if true.

I think we actually agreed. And yes, being truthful and honest in all aspects of life is important. When the story of his infidelity first broke I thought to myself, what does that woman see in him? Now we know.

What do you mean, what does that woman see in him? Other than he's an accomplished, smart and powerful man? as for looks, well, I don't swing that way, but maybe some of the ladies can weigh in on whether they think he's attractive.

Sorry, guy, most of us get through life because we aren't always honest. We don't tell our bosses we think they are idiots, we don't tell our wives that the new dress they just love makes her look fat, and yes, people actually cheat on their marriages. Life. Fucking. Happens.

Here's the thing. Back in the 1990's, I used to be one of you right wingers who got all upset Clinton cheated on his wife with that young thing.

Today- What I remember about the 1990's was that my pay doubled. My property values increased. If I didn't like my job, I could send out a resume and get a better one! We weren't at war with anyone and things were actually pretty good.

Then Bush came along, fucked all that up, but gosh darn it, he wasn't cheating on his wife.

Have you ever heard of innocent until proven guilty? I didn't realize there had been a trial and a verdict. Give me your source for that guilty verdict, PJ.

I'm sure you sing the same tune about Michael Brown and Trayvon Martin.

He did? typical lib guilty until proven innocent. I wonder who leaked this to the New York times? Maybe they should be prosecuted? As far as Bill Clinton who cares, it's the lying under oath that was the crime

The facts of the case really aren't in dispute here. Petraeus gave classified material to his mistress.
Really? Yes they are actually

What do you mean, what does that woman see in him? Other than he's an accomplished, smart and powerful man? as for looks, well, I don't swing that way, but maybe some of the ladies can weigh in on whether they think he's attractive.

Sorry, guy, most of us get through life because we aren't always honest. We don't tell our bosses we think they are idiots, we don't tell our wives that the new dress they just love makes her look fat, and yes, people actually cheat on their marriages. Life. Fucking. Happens.

Here's the thing. Back in the 1990's, I used to be one of you right wingers who got all upset Clinton cheated on his wife with that young thing.

Today- What I remember about the 1990's was that my pay doubled. My property values increased. If I didn't like my job, I could send out a resume and get a better one! We weren't at war with anyone and things were actually pretty good.

Then Bush came along, fucked all that up, but gosh darn it, he wasn't cheating on his wife.
Reaganomics was a beautiful thing.Clinton? He was just along for the ride,.and he was at least smart enough not to fuck things up

Forum List

Back