Fed judge rules feds can't withold funds from sanctuary cities

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Hopefully the Supremes will shove this traitor judges ruling up his ass.

Judge rules in city's favor on sanctuary cities, grants nationwide injunction

In a ruling with national impact, a federal judge in Chicago on Friday blocked the Trump administration's rules requiring so-called sanctuary cities to cooperate with immigration agents in order to get a public safety grant.

U.S. District Judge Harry Leinenweber wrote in his 41-page ruling that the city has shown a "likelihood of success" in its arguments that U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions exceeded his authority in imposing new standards governing Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grants across the country.

He also said Mayor Rahm Emanuel's administration has shown the city could suffer "irreparable harm" in its relationship with the immigrant community if it were to comply with the U.S. Department of Justice's new standards.

"Once such trust is lost, it cannot be repaired through an award of money damages, making it the type of harm that is especially hard to rectify" if he were to wait until the lawsuit is settled, Leinenweber wrote.

I would guess the basis is that you can't make local jurisdictions responsible for enforcing federal laws.

This doesn't force them to. It just means if you don't cooperate, we'll withold federal dollars.
Unconstitutional. Donnie just doesn't know...

Everyone knows the feds are responsible for immigration.
When Arizona made an attempt to protect it's own borders, mother fucking cock sucking goddamn piece of shit liberals had a fit, and went to the Supremes who reaffirmed feds are responsible for borders.
Now that the feds are trying to enforce immigration laws, mother fucking goddamn cock sucking piece of shit liberals in cities won't cooperate, and instead put up any kind of legal road block they can to halt the deportation of illegals.

It doesn't matter what you try to do to enforce our immigration laws, drooling mother fucking cock sucking pieces of shit liberals will always get in the way.

American liberals do not believe in borders or a country's rights of sovereignty.

I would guess the basis is that you can't make local jurisdictions responsible for enforcing federal laws.

It doesn't. It asks for a 48 hour hold on peeps KNOWN by the enforcement agency (local cops) to hold the wetbacks until ICE can claim their ILLEGAL asses. Do you wish the same asinine rule to apply to all Federal crimes?

Take kidnapping for instance, cross state lines and the capturing state lacks jurisdiction to hold a suspect for a crime committed in another state. These felons are held by the capturing state via violation of federal statute, the same as for ILLEGAL immigrants. Do you seriously wish to set all federal felons free? This ruling is absurd and will be easily overturned. That asshat judge needs to be removed by the justice department. If immigration federal law is unenforceable, then no federal laws are enforceable. Selective law enforcement isn't law. It's corruption.

This doesn't force them to. It just means if you don't cooperate, we'll withold federal dollars.
Unconstitutional. Donnie just doesn't know...

Everyone knows the feds are responsible for immigration.
When Arizona made an attempt to protect it's own borders, mother fucking cock sucking goddamn piece of shit liberals had a fit, and went to the Supremes who reaffirmed feds are responsible for borders.
Now that the feds are trying to enforce immigration laws, mother fucking goddamn cock sucking piece of shit liberals in cities won't cooperate, and instead put up any kind of legal road block they can to halt the deportation of illegals.

It doesn't matter what you try to do to enforce our immigration laws, drooling mother fucking cock sucking pieces of shit liberals will always get in the way.

American liberals do not velueve in borders or a country's rights of sovereignty.

Well, sure they do, as long as the countries are not First World white nations.

Let's just do away with the border, border patrols and immigration laws. Just let everyone in and give all of them welfare. We'll change our name to The United Welfare States.

Let's just do away with the border, border patrols and immigration laws. Just let everyone in and give all of them welfare. We'll change our name to The United Welfare States.

Well that would certainly be what every mother fucking Dimocrat in this country would do if they could.

The Sanctuary City issue really exposes how they Racist Democratic Party is attempting to displace White Voters with their illegal aliens.

Hopefully the Supremes will shove this traitor judges ruling up his ass.

Read the constitution. This ruling ain't goin' no where.

Then explain the national speed limit of 55mph enforced by withholding funds. Or medicaid funding being tied to Obamacare?

Personally, I relish this particular arrow being removed from the federal quiver. No enforcement mechanism frees states from that bondage.

That'd actually overturn historic rulings if it stuck...

The Fed's have withheld funding from states for many things. I'm on my way out so I don't have time to post links but I know they threatened to take funds from Alaska for not criminalizing marijuana. I think they've done it over seat-belts, drinking age, "intoxication" levels, and other reasons.

That'd actually overturn historic rulings if it stuck...

The Fed's have withheld funding from states for many things. I'm on my way out so I don't have time to post links but I know they threatened to take funds from Alaska for not criminalizing marijuana. I think they've done it over seat-belts, drinking age, "intoxication" levels, and other reasons.

Lefties don't care about shit like that.

They will support this, and then when they want to use that power when they are in charge, it will be "different" even if they have to invent a new meaning for the word "different".

Forum List

Back