fear and ignorance are why religion still exists.

May 21, 2015
fear of death and ignorance of a real philosophy. Death is what gives life MEANING. There is no reason to fear it. there's nothing special about you (or me). Death will one day be a WELCOME surcease from pain and disability for us all. Why fear it? Be glad that it exists, to end your pain/embarrassment. Be glad that prayers don't work, cause every day, a billion people pray that all Americans drop dead.

fear of death and ignorance of a real philosophy. Death is what gives life MEANING. There is no reason to fear it. there's nothing special about you (or me). Death will one day be a WELCOME surcease from pain and disability for us all. Why fear it? Be glad that it exists, to end your pain/embarrassment. Be glad that prayers don't work, cause every day, a billion people pray that all Americans drop dead.
It's fully possible that there is some supernatural deity(s) that created everything, but there's absolutely zero chance that any of the thousands of religions humans have believed in have it right.

Even in religion you find envious people...the first family according to Judeo-Christianity had the case of Cain murdering Abel for no reason but envying him; and then with the original Israelite family the first children of Jacob all of the sons conspired together to sell their brother into slavery out of envy.

So yeah, even in religion there are issues lol.

I'm an unbeliever for the record.

I don't fear death I am grateful that I got all the time that I got so far. If it all ends tomorrow or if I have a horrible ending I guess that's not cool but how can I complain when I've had it so good for so long? I could have been a child born with cancer. I could have been a premature baby that didn't survive. I could have been killed in an airplane crash when I was 4 years old. I could have been raped and murdered when I was 15. My parents may have not had sex the night they conceived me and I could have not been born at all. And I've had a wonderful life so I don't think I wanted to end but I'm not going to be delusional about after I die and what happens to me because like the bugs or bird or horse or dog I'm just a living animal on one planet billions of planets if not infinite numbers of planets

Maybe a slumdog might agree with you.

And as we see from that spew above. HATE is a trait of a non-believer.

that was ugly

I do not agree with you. Religion, or for those who don't believe in organized Religion, Faith in something bigger than ourselves, exists not so much because of fear...but because of Hope.

The Hope that there is more than all this horror and sadness that exists here on Earth, when we leave this body.

That there is Eternal Light and Love.

I do not agree with you. Religion, or for those who don't believe in organized Religion, Faith in something bigger than ourselves, exists not so much because of fear...but because of Hope.

The Hope that there is more than all this horror and sadness that exists here on Earth when we leave this body.

well said my dear. why do others care if people believes in a Religion as long as it's not cutting off people heads over it or doing harm to others. I don't get it.

The Hope that there is more than all this horror and sadness that exists here on Earth when we leave this body.

well said my dear. why do others care if people believes in a Religion as long as it's not cutting off people heads over it or doing harm to others. I don't get it.
You mean like denying equality of certain groups of people, yeah, I went there...

and these NON-believers think they have a RIGHT to go around and call people who do believe. ignorant and live in fear

I mean really. how dare you

fear of death and ignorance of a real philosophy. Death is what gives life MEANING.
First: give me please 2 names: the name of a real philosopher and the name of an unreal philosopher. Maybe I understand in this case what you are speaking about. Second: Death is bullshit.

There is no reason to fear it.

Aha

there's nothing special about you (or me). Death will one day be a WELCOME surcease from pain and disability for us all. Why fear it?

Because nothing is any longer the same as it was before if someone meets Mr. Death?

Be glad that it exists, to end your pain/embarrassment. Be glad that prayers don't work, cause every day, a billion people pray that all Americans drop dead.

:lol: Interesting 'evidence': US-Americans are existing and this injustice shows: prayers are senseless.

Last edited:

That's like saying, "People only eat because they fear death." Or, Parents only take pictures of their children because they fear they will die and they won't see them again. In other words, some are so focused on death, they see death as the reason for everything.

I've never met anyone, religious or atheist, who lived in fear of death. Neither wants to experience it too soon, but they do not live in fear of it.

Region didn't emerge due to fear of anything. It emerged because people had experiences of God, and the experiences meant something to them. Religion is the response to life, and God's presence in this life.

And as we see from that spew above. HATE is a trait of a non-believer.

that was ugly
Do you think God had something to do with you being born and surviving until adulthood?

Do you think God had something to do with a baby that doesn't make it to 2?

Before we knew what caused thunder and lightning we thought it was God. Today we know its not. Before the Jewish God of Abraham men made up Zeus and you Gyptian guys. Why is it every other God up until the Jewish one we're all made up cuz he's Jewish one was not?

That's like saying, "People only eat because they fear death." Or, Parents only take pictures of their children because they fear they will die and they won't see them again. In other words, some are so focused on death, they see death as the reason for everything.

I've never met anyone, religious or atheist, who lived in fear of death. Neither wants to experience it too soon, but they do not live in fear of it.

Region didn't emerge due to fear of anything. It emerged because people had experiences of God, and the experiences meant something to them. Religion is the response to life, and God's presence in this life.
Your beliefs that your soul lives for eternity is based on your fear of death

And humans hate not knowing the answers to questions so the fear of the unknown is another reason for belief in God and religion

And humans hate not knowing the answers to questions so the fear of the unknown is another reason for belief in God and religion
You fail to grasp the concept of faith.

To me there is no "unknown".
There is no fear.

Only anticipation.

To be absent in the body is to present with the Lord.
It's a blink.
I'll close my eyes, here on earth, and then open them to gaze upon His face.

Just thinking about having a "fear of the unknown" makes me laugh.
:lol:

Forum List

Back