CDZ Fear and guns....a discussion.

this is in the CDZ because it gets a little old when some start talking sex organs and guns.....

soooo....

We are constantly told that if you carry a gun you are afraid.

Is this true.

No.

Carrying a gun for self defense is a rational response to the reality that even though I know where I live is ver safe, there are still criminals out there and that you never know when one will target you. These things happen every day, in every state, in every country.

How much fear goes into carrying a gun...for me....there is about as much emotion to carrying a gun as there is carrying my cell phone.

Now....the other side...the one that is constantly accusing my side of being afraid.....I believe that fear is what they feel....especially about guns. The don't like people, but they hate guns in the hands of people.

For example.

There are over 3,700,000 AR-15s in private hands in this country.

Each year maybe, maybe, 2-3 are used in any type of crime or even a mass shooting.

With those numbers, those who I believe fear guns want all AR-15s banned from private hands. To me, that is real fear. The numbers show that the odds of being a victim of a violent attack by an attacker with an AR-15 are so remote...you would actually have more of a chance of running into Big Foot and Elvis having Lunch with Aliens.....

And yet, they call for all AR-15s and other rifles like it to be completely banned.

And yet even if AR-15s are completely banned, there is not one crime that is committed on those rare occasions where an AR-15 is used that cannot be done to the same effect with a pistol, shot gun or other rifle or a combination of those......

Yet we are called scaredy cats for wearing a gun like we wear a cell phone or buckle our seat belts.

To a rational person....who sounds more afraid of guns...who sounds more filled with actual fear...?
Carrying a gun when going into a situation that could be dangerous is rational. Carrying a gun every moment you are outside your door... that is fear.

Carrying a gun every moment you are outside your door... that is fear.

"Uh, hey bud, can you give me about 20 minutes to go home and get my gun, so I can defend myself?"

A situation you assume is bound to happen. Because you live in fear.

Sad.

You have health insurance?

Car insurance?

get an annual flu shot?

Spare tire in your car?

First aid kit in your house?

locks on your doors?

Do you have those because of fear?

or because you like to be prepared?

this is in the CDZ because it gets a little old when some start talking sex organs and guns.....

soooo....

Is this true.

No.

Carrying a gun for self defense is a rational response to the reality that even though I know where I live is ver safe, there are still criminals out there and that you never know when one will target you. These things happen every day, in every state, in every country.

How much fear goes into carrying a gun...for me....there is about as much emotion to carrying a gun as there is carrying my cell phone.

Now....the other side...the one that is constantly accusing my side of being afraid.....I believe that fear is what they feel....especially about guns. The don't like people, but they hate guns in the hands of people.

For example.

Each year maybe, maybe, 2-3 are used in any type of crime or even a mass shooting.

With those numbers, those who I believe fear guns want all AR-15s banned from private hands. To me, that is real fear. The numbers show that the odds of being a victim of a violent attack by an attacker with an AR-15 are so remote...you would actually have more of a chance of running into Big Foot and Elvis having Lunch with Aliens.....

And yet, they call for all AR-15s and other rifles like it to be completely banned.

And yet even if AR-15s are completely banned, there is not one crime that is committed on those rare occasions where an AR-15 is used that cannot be done to the same effect with a pistol, shot gun or other rifle or a combination of those......

Yet we are called scaredy cats for wearing a gun like we wear a cell phone or buckle our seat belts.

To a rational person....who sounds more afraid of guns...who sounds more filled with actual fear...?
Carrying a gun when going into a situation that could be dangerous is rational. Carrying a gun every moment you are outside your door... that is fear.

And how do you know this. There are thousands of if not 10s of thousands of people who go outside, and get robbed, raped and murdered, never expecting that to happen........and had no idea that that was the day it was going to happen.....

Even in Joe Biden's neighborhood, and Barak Obama's Chicago neighborhood they have had violent murders.......
So you need to be armed at all times in order to feel safe. That is sad. You'd think we lived in a 3rd world country.

Chicago, D.C. Baltimore....I would say Detroit, but since the Police Chief has asked normal people to carry guns, their violent crime and gun crime rate has gone down.

I would say Virginia Bars....but since they allowed concealed carry in their Bars, their violence rate in Bars went down 5.2%....

soooo....

Is this true.

No.

For example.

And how do you know this. There are thousands of if not 10s of thousands of people who go outside, and get robbed, raped and murdered, never expecting that to happen........and had no idea that that was the day it was going to happen.....

Even in Joe Biden's neighborhood, and Barak Obama's Chicago neighborhood they have had violent murders.......
So you need to be armed at all times in order to feel safe. That is sad. You'd think we lived in a 3rd world country.
Compton/Oakland/Ferguson and many other cities ARE third world cities. We may not be a third world country YET but we have a LOT of third world cities.
Those are 1st world cities. There a probably a ton of iPhones there.

soooo....

Is this true.

No.

For example.

And the woman who was raped in the college parking lot, 50 ft. from the campus police station. She had to leave her gun at home that night because the campus was a gun free zone....except for the rapist....he brought his gun there....

Do you think she was dumb to want to carry her gun on campus that night?

And the rapist.....raped 3 other women after that woman, and murdered the 3rd...........so the gun free zone very likely contributed to several rapes and one murder....
I think you spend your days hoping that you get the chance to use your guns. Which makes you an irresponsible gun owner.

What makes you think that? I show over and over that concealed carry laws reduce the violent crime rate and that most times a gun drives off criminals without it ever being drawn and if drawn, never being fired.......

soooo....

Is this true.

No.

For example.

"Uh, hey bud, can you give me about 20 minutes to go home and get my gun, so I can defend myself?"

Sad.

Fear is a strong emotion......can you explain how strong the emotion is when a rational decision is made? Like I said.....I have as much emotional involvement in clipping on a pistol as I do with my cell phone....

but mention AR-15s....a gun just about never used in crime.....and you guys want all 3,750,000 completely banned forever......

How is that not actual fear?
c118-whatGunNutsfear.jpg

soooo....

Is this true.

No.

For example.

Compton/Oakland/Ferguson and many other cities ARE third world cities. We may not be a third world country YET but we have a LOT of third world cities.

But they have 3rd world crime rates........in certain parts of their cities...like Chicago.....only certain, small areas have a problem with criminals who use guns...the rest of the city is fine.

soooo....

Is this true.

No.

For example.

Sad.

Car insurance?

get an annual flu shot?

Spare tire in your car?

locks on your doors?

Not the same.

Again....

AR-15s....used in crime 2-3, maybe, a year.....

You want to ban all 3,750,000 of them from people who never, ever use them to commit criminal acts......which is more fearful?

soooo....

Is this true.

No.

For example.

And the woman who was raped in the college parking lot, 50 ft. from the campus police station. She had to leave her gun at home that night because the campus was a gun free zone....except for the rapist....he brought his gun there....

And the rapist.....raped 3 other women after that woman, and murdered the 3rd...........so the gun free zone very likely contributed to several rapes and one murder....
I think you spend your days hoping that you get the chance to use your guns. Which makes you an irresponsible gun owner.

What makes you think that? I show over and over that concealed carry laws reduce the violent crime rate and that most times a gun drives off criminals without it ever being drawn and if drawn, never being fired.......
No you don't. A lot of your posts are about countries with a far lower murder rate than the U.S.

soooo....

Is this true.

No.

For example.

Sad.

Car insurance?

get an annual flu shot?

Spare tire in your car?

locks on your doors?

Not the same.

actually, it is.

soooo....

Is this true.

No.

For example.

Does Lefty look scared?

upload_2016-1-27_21-35-57.png

soooo....

Is this true.

No.

For example.

So you judge "civilized" by the number of iPhones? How about stats like rape/murder or robbery? I carry a gun AND an iPhone, am I civilized?

soooo....

Is this true.

No.

For example.

Sad.

Car insurance?

get an annual flu shot?

Spare tire in your car?

locks on your doors?

Yes...those are all rational assessments of the realities of life.....as is carrying a gun for self defense.

Banning 3,750,000 AR-15s because maybe 3 a year are used for crimes...and could easily be changed out for shotguns, pistols or other rifles.....now isn't that actual fear?

soooo....

Is this true.

No.

For example.

You just admitted you are afraid something bad will happen. Your example of people being robbed is proof of your fear.

Sad.

Car insurance?

get an annual flu shot?

Spare tire in your car?

locks on your doors?

Not the same.

actually, it is.
No it's not. You don't take first aid kits into the grocery store.

soooo....

Is this true.

No.

For example.

ALL GUNS ARE WRONG IN A CIVILIZED SOCIETY
So you would argue that a communist society IS a "civilized society?"
Australia...IS
You do know the crime rate is UP since you went to single shots. Oh and the ILLEGAL importation of firearms by and to criminals is also up.
As says your discredited NRA who were kicked out of Australia years ago as UNDESIREABLES ........ after the buy back the crime rate with Guns went down.so your point was ???? steve

soooo....

Is this true.

No.

For example.

Perfect example of your fear that you will need it.

Sad.

Car insurance?

get an annual flu shot?

Spare tire in your car?

locks on your doors?

Not the same.

actually, it is.
No it's not. You don't take first aid kits into the grocery store.

th

soooo....

Is this true.

No.

For example.

No you don't. A lot of your posts are about countries with a far lower murder rate than the U.S.

Those countries have criminal sub cultures far less prone to murder each other than ours here in the United States.....they have easy access to guns too...they just don't use them to murder as often. And Britain....they had guns before the confiscation and they did not commit gun murder or mass shootings either....they had the same level of gun crime and mass shootings after the confiscation as before......their gun crime rate did not change......so it is culture, not access to guns that determine gun crime and gun murder.

soooo....

Is this true.

No.

For example.

You just admitted you are afraid something bad will happen. Your example of people being robbed is proof of your fear.
He prays that someday he'll get into a shootout. Kind of like the Oregon militia guy who was gunned down yesterday.

Forum List

Back