Favorite Quotes on LOVE?

emilynghiem

Constitutionalist / Universalist
Jan 21, 2010
National Freedmen's Town District
Someone brought up on another thread that God was beyond human comprehension, thus thwarting ill attempts to quantify or personify God in finite human terms that will fall short.

I agree human perception and process of learning are not perfect, but I believe humans are meant to go through this, imperfections and all, in order to grow in understanding our relationships with God and each other by attempting to quantify truth, love, wisdom, justice, etc. which God/Jesus mean to different people in different situations. That is how we learn.

Let's start with Love.

What are your favorite quotes on LOVE and the importance or meaning in relations and life?

Three of my favorite quotes are
* to love is to understand
* to love your neighbors equally does not mean you have to like that person at all,
it means to care for their soul equally as your own (you can even do this for someone you
hate, have no respect or understanding for whatsoever, and do not want anything to do with)
* immature love says I love you because I need you,
while mature love says I need you because I love you

What are YOUR favorite quotes or thoughts on LOVE?
Thank you for sharing, and have a LOVELY day!

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, it's yours. If it doesn't, hunt it down and kill it...

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, it's yours. If it doesn't, hunt it down and kill it...

^^ :rofl:

"You may search the Universe for someone more worthy of your love and affection than you are yourself, but such a person does not exist."

This is funny to those of us who don't really think this way.
But is sad that some people do kill to control others they claim to love.

There was one case that really got to me, a woman had broken away from abusive relations and found love with a nice man to start a new life, but was killed on her wedding day:
Ex-Boyfriend Kills Bride-to-Be on Wedding Day in Front of Family - NYTimes.com
Bride Shot Before Wedding - CBS News

Another reason why I want to focus on addressing and relationship abuse before it's too late.
As we raise standards on how we treat each other, with respect not bullying, more abuse will be addressed at first onset of signs, instead of ignoring them until they escalate too far.

A woman tries to get all she can out of a man, and a man tries to get all he can into a woman. -- Isaac Goldberg

Ah love...

ha ha
was it Mark Twain who said:

men marry hoping their wives won't change
women marry hoping their husbands will
subsequently both are disappointed?

and who was the woman who said:
that men treat or kick friendship around like a football and it survives
women treat it like glass and it goes to pieces?

I think that means in general when you treat things conditionally
then adverse conditions make it fall apart
when you do things unconditionally then by nature you adapt to any situation
so this is the difference between conditional and unconditional love

one will break your heart the other cannot be broken cuz it has no limitations attached.
when we love with unconditional love, that is where love conquers all.

Adam came first, but men always do.

Anonymous

Ok, on the topic of men vs. women,
here's one email that explains the difference!

Attachments

• $menvwomen.jpg
    $menvwomen.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 64
  • $Quick Fixes.jpg
    $Quick Fixes.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 57
  • $Odd Jobs.jpg
    $Odd Jobs.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 65
What about the body of the wife belonging to the husband
and the body of the husband belonging to the wife
that they are one?

Love=What's his is mine and what's mine is mine.

;)

I agree spiritually they belong as one.
Materially, I agree with keeping finances and personal lives separate to avoid confusion.
And agree what to share together. Same with friends, where you'd have or sign an agreement before you share finances or a car or responsibility for a house, etc. Even if you plan to stay married for life, I'd still recommend separate accounts/cards and an exit plan.

If I had my way I would want to keep marriage spiritual under the church only,
and OPT IN if you want a written civil contract, on terms each couple writes and signs themselves, not opt out if you don't want one.

I would not want the state or courts dictating marriage or custody agreements. Why people want marriage under the state instead of the church is beyond me, but if you do, then why not write up civil contracts and have that as an equal option for everyone? Sorry don't get it.

Forum List

Back