Zone1 Favorite Bible Verse

SweetSue92

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2018
USA
What is yours?

Mine is:

2 Cor 12:9

"'My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."

Colossians 3:12

12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Verse Numbers 31:17.
Was it God's decision or Moses'? Reading all the events in the Bible doesn't mean those things were pleasing to God or by God's instruction. The OT is a history lesson of the people and times and series of events leading to the birth of Jesus.
As far as my favorite verse for me one of many is 1 Timothy Ch5 verse 6. and Matthew Ch 7.

Just a side note: Moses never entered the ''Promised Land''.

Last edited:
just for sue ...

"Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works." 2 John 1:9-11

that john was a big believer.

- looked for the liberation theology, self determination taught by jesus ... oh, they forgot to include those events in the 4th century christian bible and burnt the copies written during the time of the events. as well the library in alexandria ...

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and his wonders in the deep. Psalm 107: 23-24

I am a god in nature kind of guy

My favorite verse is 1 Kings 19:12 when Elijah was looking for God and found Him in a tiny whispering sound, not in the all the great, noisy events.

I love how that verse is treated in varying depictions too...I've seen it a couple of times, where the adults are telling this to children in a dramatic fashion. In movies and television shows, etc

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and his wonders in the deep. Psalm 107: 23-24

I am a god in nature kind of guy

I love these verses, too. One of my favorites is this mystery:

Genesis 1:1, where it is described that "darkness was over the face of the deep".

Whoa

Here is an oldie but a good one:

Even fools are thought wise if they keep silent, and discerning if they hold their tongues. (Proverbs 17:28)

I love Proverbs. Easily the funniest book in the Bible. The nagging wife gets quite the treatment...and the sluggard. Reaches his hand to pick it up; too lazy to get the food to his mouth!

I love Proverbs. Easily the funniest book in the Bible.
Yes, easily the funniest. Two that quickly come to mind is that if you don't have oxen, at least your barn is clean. Then there is something about a beautiful woman without sense is like a pig wearing a gold ring in its nose.

Two other verse I use as reflections:

I am with you and will keep you wherever you go.
The Lord will accomplish what concerns me.

I should go in search of the Book and Verse, and perhaps I can edit this post later.

It's too hard to pick just one.

Can I post a few? :)

If so, I'll start with this one.

But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation.

Psalms 13:5

Eclesiastes 12:13

When all has been heard, the conclusion of the matter is this: Fear God and keep His commandments, because this is the whole duty of man.
Nice ending to a good book. Here's mine from the 2nd chapter of Isaiah
.4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

Nice ending to a good book. Here's mine from the 2nd chapter of Isaiah
.4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

and -

1696216839341.jpeg

who might those deceivers be ... or better who doesn't know.

Forum List

Back