Fairness Doctrine Senate Hearings on the Way?

I do not ask for you to be sorry - merely educated.

I am educated, however the Fairness Doctrine should be invoked because radios are going back to being a monopoly.

Talk radio is a "monopoly" because, with rare exceptions, nobody wants to listen to moronic liberals.

the ones that do have MSNBC,,, uh oh,,, Maddow, Olberman,, and twitty will all have to give equal time to conservatives. won't msnbc be loverly with Beck, O'Reilly, and Hannity sandwiched inbetween?? does this apply to TV too.. :eusa_pray:

Republicans can't believe that companies like Clearchannel wouldn't put Progressive talk on if it would make them money. Well they won't. It is worth more to them to not give the left a voice.

It is fact. There are markets where Randi Rhodes KILLED Rush Limpballs, yet Clearchannel won't syndicate her? Makes no sense.

Anyways, Ed Schultz got hired by one of these right wing radio stations. Now that the GOP lost, they know they better have some Progressives on or it'll be obvious that they aren't being fair. So Ed will be right in the middle of a bunch of right wing talk shows. BET he kills them in ratings. It'll be in Washington DC. So for 8 years the left didn't have a voice in Washington? Come on guys. You really think Rush is that popular and we have zero lefties that can compete? You are insane.

It's never too obvious how unfair the media is to the left because right wingers call it the liberal media. What a hoot. Notice Rachel Maddow on MSNBC almost always has Pat Pukeanon on. So even on a lefty show, the right get representation? But we don't on Bill O or Slananty or Hush Limpballs? Crazy!

Did you hear?

News Corp. Suffers Staggering $6.4 Billion Loss

MORON!

Clearchannel did put Progressive talk on the air...they had air america on, on over 80 stations nationwide...AND IT FUCKING FAILED AND GOT NO RATINGS YOU TWIT

Thats why they pulled it...Clearchannel would put the sound of you running you head into a wall over and over if it got good ratings and was under fcc guidelines...they are in it for money

I am educated, however the Fairness Doctrine should be invoked because radios are going back to being a monopoly.

Talk radio is a "monopoly" because, with rare exceptions, nobody wants to listen to moronic liberals.

the ones that do have MSNBC,,, uh oh,,, Maddow, Olberman,, and twitty will all have to give equal time to conservatives. won't msnbc be loverly with Beck, O'Reilly, and Hannity sandwiched inbetween?? does this apply to TV too.. :eusa_pray:

With this post you have proven you dont even know what the Fairness doctrine is.

This is what the fairness doctrine kept from happening.

11. The Media Can Legally Lie | Project Censored

Court Rules in Akre/Wilson Case that Media Can Deliberately Lie

The three judge panel thus reversed the previous $$425,000 jury verdict in
favor of journalist Jane Akre who charged she was pressured by FOX
Television management and lawyers to air what she knew and documented to be
false information concerning the widespread use of the Monsanto manufactured
rBGH hormone.

Akre and her TV producer-reporter husband Steve Wilson had prepared a
WTVT/FOX13 documentary on how Florida dairymen had been secretly injecting
the genetically engineered rBGH into their cows and how Florida supermarkets
quietly reneged on promises not to sell milk from treated cows until the
hormone gained widespread acceptance by consumers.

poor old oppressed libwals.. it's not fair... ,mommy mommy,, they won't listen to us,, it's not fair,, baawwaaaahhhhhaaa!

Republicans can't believe that companies like Clearchannel wouldn't put Progressive talk on if it would make them money. Well they won't. It is worth more to them to not give the left a voice.

It is fact. There are markets where Randi Rhodes KILLED Rush Limpballs, yet Clearchannel won't syndicate her? Makes no sense.

Anyways, Ed Schultz got hired by one of these right wing radio stations. Now that the GOP lost, they know they better have some Progressives on or it'll be obvious that they aren't being fair. So Ed will be right in the middle of a bunch of right wing talk shows. BET he kills them in ratings. It'll be in Washington DC. So for 8 years the left didn't have a voice in Washington? Come on guys. You really think Rush is that popular and we have zero lefties that can compete? You are insane.

It's never too obvious how unfair the media is to the left because right wingers call it the liberal media. What a hoot. Notice Rachel Maddow on MSNBC almost always has Pat Pukeanon on. So even on a lefty show, the right get representation? But we don't on Bill O or Slananty or Hush Limpballs? Crazy!

Did you hear?

If you are correct, can you please inform us how it is Air America was such an abysmal failure? One thing I can't stand is dishonesty.

poor old oppressed libwals.. it's not fair... ,mommy mommy,, they won't listen to us,, it's not fair,, baawwaaaahhhhhaaa!

So its fine with you that any news station can legally lie?

yes,,, I gotta brain,, if they lie and I check it out,, then that's them.. I'm free to choose.. hell, it ain't new, NYT, CBS lie all the time,, MSNBC now that I think of it..

So its fine with you that any news station can legally lie?

Say What?

Oh....

rather.jpg

You guys think its just fine to have a corporate entity spread lies for their own financial gain?

One reason this doctrine is stupid (how fitting is that):

If the Conservatives willing to listen to Rush want to stick with the old technology of radio ... let them. Hell, let them even continue to watch the brain melting TV (I watch too much myself). The funny thing is that the far left are forgetting one really good fact, guess who uses the net more? You think Obama won because of all the TV and radio coverage? Most of his campaign was done online. Different types of people use different media outlets ... it just happens that more people who like Rush and the others listen to radio, while more of us who don't are using the net. TV is about middle. Really, media shows or airs what gets ratings, that is how they get the money to stay open. If you want the programming to add something, get a bunch of people to call into the station itself and tell them, if there is enough of a demand they will air it so they can increase their profits.

Yes, Rush is a jerk, but if that's what people who listen to those stations want then the station would be more wrong if they replaced him. I never listen to the radio anyway, and online I can find hundreds of sites that cater to my views (if I wanted to I could go there).

Oh, and anyone who thinks news is truth needs to really look into their stories more. They only show what gets ratings, often times ignoring a lot of info or exaggerating some just to increase ratings.

If the Conservatives willing to listen to Rush want to stick with the old technology of radio ... let them. Hell, let them even continue to watch the brain melting TV (I watch too much myself). The funny thing is that the far left are forgetting one really good fact, guess who uses the net more? You think Obama won because of all the TV and radio coverage? Most of his campaign was done online. Different types of people use different media outlets ... it just happens that more people who like Rush and the others listen to radio, while more of us who don't are using the net. TV is about middle. Really, media shows or airs what gets ratings, that is how they get the money to stay open. If you want the programming to add something, get a bunch of people to call into the station itself and tell them, if there is enough of a demand they will air it so they can increase their profits.

Yes, Rush is a jerk, but if that's what people who listen to those stations want then the station would be more wrong if they replaced him. I never listen to the radio anyway, and online I can find hundreds of sites that cater to my views (if I wanted to I could go there).

This answers nohting about what the fairness doctrine covers.

What harm would the law do any side?

This answers nohting about what the fairness doctrine covers.

What harm would the law do any side?

Forcing someone to sacrifice ratings just to appease a small group is like telling a grocery store they have to give away half their food just because one person is starving.

Oh, and anyone who thinks news is truth needs to really look into their stories more. They only show what gets ratings, often times ignoring a lot of info or exaggerating some just to increase ratings.

Let me explain what the doctrine does.

If Rush tells lies about me I can force him to allow me to come on his show and present the evidence he lied about me.

If he says the moon is made of green cheese and I can prove it isnt he has to allow me on the show to present the evidence that it is not made of green cheese.

It would also mean Fox cant fire reporters who refuse to change a factual story into a pack of lies.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back