sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
Factchecking Palin, By Hilzoy - CBS News

Good speech but two problems:

very little substance

she told a lot of lies

Palin actually slashed funding for schools for special needs kids by 62%.

Palin: "this is a man who has authored two memoirs but not a single major law or reform - not even in the state senate."

A couple of Obama's accomplishments in the Senate. They include the Lugar-Obama bill on nonproliferation, and an ethics reform package that the Washington Post called "the strongest ethics legislation to emerge from Congress yet.

Palin: "America needs more energy ... our opponent is against producing it."

No -- he plans to develop a lot more energy than John McCain does. It's just that a lot of it is renewable, not carbon-based. Moreover, Obama hasn't skipped the last eight votes on renewable energy.

She said Obama will raise taxes.

Most Americans will pay less in taxes under Obama's plan than under McCain's. So they might well be better off.

Palin: "I told the Congress "thanks, but no thanks," for that Bridge to Nowhere. If our state wanted a bridge, we'd build it ourselves." This is a lie.

Whether or not Sarah Palin's engaging personality matters more than the fact that she tells lies depends a lot on the media, and whether they allow her to say that she opposed the Bridge to Nowhere, or that Obama has neer authored a major law or reform, without calling her on it. I hope they do. But I'm not holding my breath.

The facts are biased, Sealy.

Is that what really happened with the Bridge to Knowhere?

ANCHORAGE, Alaska — Gov. Sarah Palin was for the infamous "Bridge to Nowhere" before she was against it, a change of position the GOP vice presidential running mate ignored Saturday when she bragged about telling Congress "thanks but no thanks" to the pork barrel project.

Palin Flip-Flopped On Infamous 'Bridge To Nowhere'

"If our state wanted a bridge, I said we'd build it ourselves," she said.

She didn't talk that way when she was running for governor. The Anchorage Daily News quoted her on Oct. 22, 2006, as saying yes, she would continue state funding for the bridge because she wanted swift action on infrastructure projects. "The window is now while our congressional delegation is in a strong position to assist," she said.

sealy, I think editec was being sarcastic.... since facts can't be bias.

Palin is the flavor of the moment, nothing else. And, she will pay for her comment that, "community organizers don't have responsibilities." She insulted every community organizer in the country including those that are Republican, ROOKIE mistake

What do you mean? Did she or did she not cut funding for special needs kids?

I mean that the TRUTH is biased.

The TRUTH makes her out to be what she is, doesn't it?

How rude of you to remind some of us who prefer myth to fact.

See?

When people post nothing but facts, depending on what those facts are, people hereabouts are apt to assume that you are a partisan because you remind them of things they don't want to know.

Hence, the FACTS ARE BIASED.

Factchecking Palin, By Hilzoy - CBS News

Good speech but two problems:

very little substance

she told a lot of lies

Palin actually slashed funding for schools for special needs kids by 62%.

Palin: "this is a man who has authored two memoirs but not a single major law or reform - not even in the state senate."

A couple of Obama's accomplishments in the Senate. They include the Lugar-Obama bill on nonproliferation, and an ethics reform package that the Washington Post called "the strongest ethics legislation to emerge from Congress yet.

Palin: "America needs more energy ... our opponent is against producing it."

No -- he plans to develop a lot more energy than John McCain does. It's just that a lot of it is renewable, not carbon-based. Moreover, Obama hasn't skipped the last eight votes on renewable energy.

She said Obama will raise taxes.

Most Americans will pay less in taxes under Obama's plan than under McCain's. So they might well be better off.

Palin: "I told the Congress "thanks, but no thanks," for that Bridge to Nowhere. If our state wanted a bridge, we'd build it ourselves." This is a lie.

Whether or not Sarah Palin's engaging personality matters more than the fact that she tells lies depends a lot on the media, and whether they allow her to say that she opposed the Bridge to Nowhere, or that Obama has neer authored a major law or reform, without calling her on it. I hope they do. But I'm not holding my breath.

Does the 62% decrease account for the reallocation of the Alaska Challenge Youth Academy component from the Dept. of Education and Early Development Special Schools Component Budget to Dept. of Education and Early Development Alaska Challenge Youth Academy Component Budget? In otherwords, did the 62% decrease take into account moving an item on one budget line and putting it into another budget line item?

It is unbelievble that this yahoo was nominated for vice president. She is an idiot.

Palin is the flavor of the moment, nothing else. And, she will pay for her comment that, "community organizers don't have responsibilities." She insulted every community organizer in the country including those that are Republican, ROOKIE mistake
As a former community organizer, here are some of the responsibilities:
Apply for federal and private grants to fund programs and maintain fiscal balance.
Programs would include job training programs; GED programs; after school programs with homework help and tutoring; athletic programs to keep kids in organize arenas; creating coalitions with local businesses and police; providing counsel and shelter for battered women and abused children; creating community upkeep teams to clean graffiti and garbage off the streets. This is just to name a few things that we accomplished as a community-based organization. We need someone who is in touch with the needs of the people directly. Every community is effected by crime and under serviced schools. We choose to do something about it and not just talk about the problems. You were right, She offended me and anyone who benefitted from these services.

Typical leftist bigotry. She's female, and she's not from the east Coast or LA. Damn! She's a backwoods yahoo!

Where's all the indignation over Obama's lies and truly moronic comments over the past few months? I don't remember you retards doing any fact checking then....when Obama tells a lie it's all gloss and smarm, gloss and smarm, he may have said this, but he meant that...

She didn't tell any lies. The left is digging as hard as they can. She shut down the bridge to nowhere after finding out the state was going to have to pay for a huge chunk of it, and even alluded to that in her speech when she said that if they decided for it, they'd just do it all themselves.

I've been humming "Hail to the Chief" all day long. Wait till she starts doing interviews and debates.

She's reeling them in, folks. Now go whimper in your coffee and line up your psychiatrists.

WHERE is your fucking evidence, baba.. HERE is mine

Palin "bridge to nowhere" line angers many Alaskans

In the city Ketchikan, the planned site of the so-called "Bridge to Nowhere," political leaders of both parties said the claim was false and a betrayal of their community, because she had supported the bridge and the earmark for it secured by Alaska's Congressional delegation during her run for governor.

The bridge, a span from the city to Gravina Island, home to only a few dozen people, secured a $223 million earmark in 2005. The pricey designation raised a furor and critics, including McCain, used the bridge as an example of wasteful federal spending on politicians' pet projects.

When she was running for governor in 2006, Palin said she was insulted by the term "bridge to nowhere," according to Ketchikan Mayor Bob Weinstein, a Democrat, and Mike Elerding, a Republican who was Palin's campaign coordinator in the southeast Alaska city.

"People are learning that she pandered to us by saying, I'm for this' ... and then when she found it was politically advantageous for her nationally, abruptly she starts using the very term that she said was insulting," Weinstein said.

Palin bridge to nowhere line angers many Alaskans | U.S. | Reuters

Typical leftist bigotry. She's female, and she's not from the east Coast or LA. Damn! She's a backwoods yahoo!

Where's all the indignation over Obama's lies and truly moronic comments over the past few months? I don't remember you retards doing any fact checking then....when Obama tells a lie it's all gloss and smarm, gloss and smarm, he may have said this, but he meant that...

She didn't tell any lies. The left is digging as hard as they can. She shut down the bridge to nowhere after finding out the state was going to have to pay for a huge chunk of it, and even alluded to that in her speech when she said that if they decided for it, they'd just do it all themselves.

I've been humming "Hail to the Chief" all day long. Wait till she starts doing interviews and debates.

She's reeling them in, folks. Now go whimper in your coffee and line up your psychiatrists.

She tried to ban books. She is against abortion in the case of rape. She believes creationism should be taught in public schools. She abused her power as governor and will be indicted on Oct. 31st. She can't even pronounce the word "Iraq."

Yea, she's a yahoo.

As a former community organizer, here are some of the responsibilities:
Apply for federal and private grants to fund programs and maintain fiscal balance.
Programs would include job training programs; GED programs; after school programs with homework help and tutoring; athletic programs to keep kids in organize arenas; creating coalitions with local businesses and police; providing counsel and shelter for battered women and abused children; creating community upkeep teams to clean graffiti and garbage off the streets. This is just to name a few things that we accomplished as a community-based organization. We need someone who is in touch with the needs of the people directly. Every community is effected by crime and under serviced schools. We choose to do something about it and not just talk about the problems. You were right, She offended me and anyone who benefitted from these services.

Hey, then I should be be running for President. I've done all those things...except PE with the kids. Though I have taken the children of addicts for walks. Do you think that would help with executive decisions in the white house?

Except when he lies about whether or not he's a liberal, and when he lies about what ideas he embraces.

He's just one big walking lie.

Except when he lies about whether or not he's a liberal, and when he lies about what ideas he embraces.

He's just one big walking lie.

Allie you're an idiot no offense.

you can't come up with even ONE coherent and rational debuttale to the FACTS being revealed about Palin.

What facts did they need to check about Obama? she spewed bullshit that is just down right WRONG, not a mis-statement, not a stretch of the truth, but LIES!

I'm appalled that ANYONE would think that's okay after the last 8 years of lies and where that has taken this country.

Forum List

Back