Factchecking Palin

HEY BABA!

I posted evidence that Palin did, in fact, lie her ass off about the bridge to nowhere. Please, post your evidence to the contrary.

oh yea.. cause the right wing just doesn't have access to the fucking internet or fox news!

give me a break, bitches. Your little stick of dynamite turned out to have the spark of a fucking wet firecracker and crying about the media won't make Palin's words any less CLEARLY bullshit.

Allie you're an idiot no offense.

you can't come up with even ONE coherent and rational debuttale to the FACTS being revealed about Palin.

What facts did they need to check about Obama? she spewed bullshit that is just down right WRONG, not a mis-statement, not a stretch of the truth, but LIES!

I'm appalled that ANYONE would think that's okay after the last 8 years of lies and where that has taken this country.

Poor things. Does it hurt?

what the hell does that prove or dissprove?
Kirk, are you dipping into your mama's stash again?

What do your baseless accusations prove?

They prove you are ignorant. Please educate yourself and come back with some facts.

Hey, then I should be be running for President. I've done all those things...except PE with the kids. Though I have taken the children of addicts for walks. Do you think that would help with executive decisions in the white house?
That was an idiotic response. But I could have "Bush experience" and do a hellava better job than that idoit! Social Security...depleted. National Security...do you really feel that safe with more illegal aliens than ever. And his answer....spend more money. aAnd not on areas that count. I doubt you ever did anything in your neighborhood that counts or made a difference. If you did, you would understand that we need to take care of our nation first instead of helping everyone else at our own expense. You must not be worried about our country producing green collar jobs and new industry for americans. Why don't we allow McCain supporters to fund the war out of their own pockets and the rest of us just invest in our country!

Hey BABA!

WHY are you ignoring my posts about the provable LIES that Palin spoke to the nation last night?

HEY BABA!

I posted evidence that Palin did, in fact, lie her ass off about the bridge to nowhere. Please, post your evidence to the contrary.

She decimated Big Oil in one fell swoop. First she refused to meet with the bigwigs, then she trashed the whole bridge idea. It was a brilliant strategic move.

Sarah Palin backs drilling but has tangled with Big Oil. - Aug. 29, 2008

In that same interview, she said she intended to change Alaska's relationship with "the lower 48." She saw part of her responsibility as delivering her state's natural gas to those hungry markets. "We're still too reliant on the federal government," she said. She canceled Alaska's support for the "Bridge to Nowhere," a proposed $320 million bridge to sparsely populated Gravina Island, that Senator Ted Stevens, now under indictment for public corruption, famously included in the federal budget.

She has drastically reduced earmark requests and spending since her tenure:

Media Matters - "CBS' Schieffer asserted Palin was "against earmarks" and "bridge to nowhere" without noting her earmark requests, previous reported support for bridge
The Palin administration has responded to this message by requesting 31 earmarks, down from 54 last year. Of these, 27 involve continuing or previous appropriations and four are new. The total dollar amount of these requests has been reduced from about $550 million in the previous year to just less than $200 million.

Further, the governor has insisted that each Alaska request must demonstrate an important federal purpose and strong public support.

We also have heard that, wherever possible, a state or local match should be provided. The state's budget requests incorporate this principle."

She stopped the bridge when she realized the cost was too high....

Palin touts stance on 'Bridge to Nowhere,' doesn't note flip-flop: Gov. Sarah Palin | adn.com
"Sharon Leighow said Saturday that as projected costs for the Ketchikan bridge rose to nearly $400 million, administration officials were telling Ketchikan that the project looked less likely. Local leaders shouldn't have been surprised when Palin announced she was turning to less-costly alternatives, Leighow said. Indeed, Leighow produced a report quoting Palin, late in the governor's race, indicating she would also consider alternatives to a bridge...."

and here's the brilliance (same link):

"Once Palin spiked the bridge project, the money wasn't available to Minnesota or other states, however. Congress, chastened by criticism of the Alaska funding, had removed the earmark but allowed the state to keep the money and direct it to other transportation projects.

Enhanced ferry access to Gravina Island is one option under consideration, the state said.

Meanwhile, work is under way on a three-mile road on Gravina Island, originally meant to connect the airport and the new bridge. State officials said last year they were going ahead with the $25 million road because the money would otherwise have to be returned to the federal government.

Leighow said the road project was already under way last year when Palin stopped the bridge, and she noted that it would provide benefits of opening up new territory for development -- one of the original arguments made for the bridge spending."

She did what she said she was going to do, she dumped the earmark, and she still got money for her state.

What a gal.

Last edited:
Hey BABA!

WHY are you ignoring my posts about the provable LIES that Palin spoke to the nation last night?

They weren't lies retard. But hey go on one of your ignorant foul mouthed rants for a while, always fun to listen to you make such a fool of your self.

Yup I noticed that GLARING error too. But hey, remember the press is all on the side of the republicans according to idiots on this board.

aren't you the head idiot of this board? why do you have a board open for discussion if all you're going to do is run around calling those who you disagree with nutjobs and idiots?

oh and by the way fucksticks here's the TRUTH

FactCheck: Obama's Speech Sometimes Stretched the Facts | Newsweek Politics: Conventions | Newsweek.com

FactChecking Obama
He stuck to the facts, except when he stretched them.

google is your friend people. Before you go making sweeping statements that are easily disproved do a search.

aren't you the head idiot of this board? why do you have a board open for discussion if all you're going to do is run around calling those who you disagree with nutjobs and idiots?

FactCheck: Obama's Speech Sometimes Stretched the Facts | Newsweek Politics: Conventions | Newsweek.com

FactChecking Obama

google is your friend people. Before you go making sweeping statements that are easily disproved do a search.

You know, if you're going to criticize someone for calling names, you might want to refrain yourself. Otherwise, you look like, well, a really low-i.q. hypocrite.

In September, 2006, Palin showed up in Ketchikan on her gubernatorial campaign and said the bridge was essential for the town's prosperity.

She said she could feel the town's pain at being derided as a "nowhere" by prominent politicians, noting that her home town, Wasilla, had recently been insulted by the state Senate president, Ben Stevens.

"OK, you've got Valley trash standing here in the middle of nowhere," Palin said, according to an account in the Ketchikan Daily News. "I think we're going to make a good team as we progress that bridge project."

One year later, Ketchikan's Republican leaders said they were blindsided by Palin's decision to pull the plug.

Andrew Halcro, who ran against Palin in 2006, told The Associated Press on Saturday that Palin changed her views after she was elected to make a national splash.

Mayor Weinstein said many residents remain irked by Palin's failure to come to Ketchikan since that time to defend her decision -- despite promises that she would.

YOUR LINK, baba.

:lol:

maybe you should reconsider the TITLE OF THE FUCKING ARTICLE:

Palin touts stance on 'Bridge to Nowhere,' doesn't note flip-flop

Last edited:
Folks, the media wants us to get wrapped up in minor issues. What are either candidates plans to improve on the issues that we face as a nation. That is all that matters. Stay focused. I don't care about taking stabs. What is McCain/Palin going to do. I hope we find out tonight.

No shit?
And then she found out how much it was going to cost, and realized it might not be completed.

So she managed to get the money and do some expansion ANYWAY, moron.

She's a genius.

FactChecking Obama

Ya that was front page news alright. And of course when he lies it is "stretching" the truth but when Palin "stretches" the truth it is a lie. Got ya.

You know, if you're going to criticize someone for calling names, you might want to refrain yourself. Otherwise, you look like, well, a really low-i.q. hypocrite.

well, quite honestly, I'm sick of being called a nut job an idiot, and any myraid of names. Granted I probably should refrain from calling people names because I lower myself to your level but I thought I'd have better luck if you actually understood what I was saying.

you, allie, are a fuckstick no offense. You can't debate the issues with facts so you spew partisan bullshit til your mouth is brimming over with the juice.

you make sweeping generalizations without even so much as RESEARCHING to find out if what you're saying is TRUE! I know that's the republican way but it's RIDICULOUS!

They weren't lies retard. But hey go on one of your ignorant foul mouthed rants for a while, always fun to listen to you make such a fool of your self.

Oh yes, fuckstick.. they WERE lies. And, it's not merely the left that is pointing this out. ALASKANS who were baited and switched by Palin, republicans no less, have been disappointed that she would be so devious in her speech last night.

Trust me, dude... I'm the only one offering quotes that are not outright manipulatons from news sources the day after the speech. After all, it didn't take a lot of effort to actually QUOTE Baba's source on the bridge to nowhere issue!

:lol:

poor guy... I bet you had your lil hopes up too, didntcha? This is what you get for reading too much into Matt Drudge headlines.

Forum List

Back