Fact-checkers are taking aim at American Sniper

The left can't afford any positive influence in this country anymore.
that's the thing, kyle was not and should not be regarded as a 'positive influence'
he was a skilled sniper, but that skill set alone shouldn't make him anyone's hero

Kyle was most certainly a positive influence for his fellow soldiers he kept alive by his skills. I do agree that he was not a hero. Hero is a sobriquet that is bandied about far too
frequently. A hero knowingly places himself into a situation that he knows has a good chance of killing him. Usually to save someone else's life, though not always. That is what a hero does. Anything else is just their job, which they can do well or poor, but it's just their job.
What the fuck is a navy seal...a baby sitter? Get real, dude.

No, a Navy SEAL is a incredibly well trained commando. Their job is to infiltrate by land, sea or air, engage and destroy the enemy. That's it. If a SEAL enters into a building full of bad guys to extract a comrade, and he knows he has little chance of surviving it, that is heroic. Merely shooting people is not.

So shooting a person carring enough explosives strapped to their bodies that can blow up your entire unit from a distance safe enough to save everybody isn't heroic enough for you? I knew you were a liberal. Had to be. For you to believe that is insane! It's batshit. Instead of saving bambi you literally just picked her up and threw her on the autobahn highway and not just killed her you killed every person on the road in a 100 car pile up. Do you understand?
I'd call that doing your job.

that's the thing, kyle was not and should not be regarded as a 'positive influence'
he was a skilled sniper, but that skill set alone shouldn't make him anyone's hero

Kyle was most certainly a positive influence for his fellow soldiers he kept alive by his skills. I do agree that he was not a hero. Hero is a sobriquet that is bandied about far too
frequently. A hero knowingly places himself into a situation that he knows has a good chance of killing him. Usually to save someone else's life, though not always. That is what a hero does. Anything else is just their job, which they can do well or poor, but it's just their job.

No, a Navy SEAL is a incredibly well trained commando. Their job is to infiltrate by land, sea or air, engage and destroy the enemy. That's it. If a SEAL enters into a building full of bad guys to extract a comrade, and he knows he has little chance of surviving it, that is heroic. Merely shooting people is not.

So shooting a person carring enough explosives strapped to their bodies that can blow up your entire unit from a distance safe enough to save everybody isn't heroic enough for you? I knew you were a liberal. Had to be. For you to believe that is insane! It's batshit. Instead of saving bambi you literally just picked her up and threw her on the autobahn highway and not just killed her you killed every person on the road in a 100 car pile up. Do you understand?

No, it's not "heroic." It is damned skillful, but it is not heroic. A man much wiser than I said "you can judge a society by the quality of its heroes".

I take it you didn't see the movie.

Not yet, but I do plan on seeing it now, after all the hoopla.

I doubt you can find any Hollywood movie that remains true to the facts and/ or unbiased in its presentation. It is a shame that some people think Hollywood is the great American educator.

The left is having a fucking hissy fit over the movie. They are angry that people love a movie where our guys are just human beings who are greatly affected by what they do. And the fact that we see a lot of radical Muslims being shot.

Fact checking (and I use the term loosely in this case) American Sniper is like fact checking the show 'MASH.' That show was nothing but leftist propaganda that took cheap shots at the military and Republicans in every episode. The left acts as if it was a true picture of the Korean war.

The point of the movie was to show what our guys go through in war and the toll it takes on them. The only reason the left hates it is because they prefer to believe that all military people are war mongers with no soul. Seeing reality blows up that narrative. No one hates war more than those who are on the ground putting their lives at risk. The left doesn't get it and never will.

Funny how they don't talk about what our military members are still enduring, thanks to Obama.

No, it's not "heroic." It is damned skillful, but it is not heroic. A man much wiser than I said "you can judge a society by the quality of its heroes".

Saving lives with 1 shot fired is heroic. saving lives period is heroic no matter how they are saved. Oh my god I'm going to fucking lose it guys.... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you fucking with me??????????????????? i want the truth. Where the fuck is the damn logic in your argument? It's like listen to sarah palin the other night and saying, "what?"

Oh so the uneducated thinks he can educate the educated with zero experience. You haven't even seen the movie! Come on now. This is asinine.

Its my understanding this is a movie not a documentary. Its miles more honest than Obama's "if you like your plan and your doctor you can keep them and you will save $2,500 a year" fictional campaign promises.

Fact checking another American sniper!

153r80l.jpg

You guys do realize Hollywood always takes as they like to say dramatic license when making a movie based on true events. Yes it was done on this movie it was also done on Lone Survivor, and Platoon and one of the biggest examples Oliver Stones JFK your not discovering anything new here the lefts problem with this movie in my view is that it is a movie about a solider in a war they did not support that does not trash the solider or make an anti war statement. Nor by the way does it make any kind of pro war statement \.

I'd call that doing your job.
There's doing your job, and doing your job well.

Most SEALs do their jobs very well.

You guys do realize Hollywood always takes as they like to say dramatic license when making a movie based on true events. Yes it was done on this movie it was also done on Lone Survivor, and Platoon and one of the biggest examples Oliver Stones JFK your not discovering anything new here the lefts problem with this movie in my view is that it is a movie about a solider in a war they did not support that does not trash the solider or make an anti war statement. Nor by the way does it make any kind of pro war statement \.
Real life isn't exciting. It wouldn't be entertaining. Short periods of excitement followed by long periods of boredom. Nobody wants to pay to see that.

Real life isn't exciting. It wouldn't be entertaining. Short periods of excitement followed by long periods of boredom. Nobody wants to pay to see that.
I've heard military life during battles as 99% pure boredom followed by 1% heart pounding terror.

I've heard military life during battles as 99% pure boredom followed by 1% heart pounding terror.
It's only scary before it happens. It's actually a rush unless everything goes to hell.

When you see it you will see that he demanded to step out of his role as sniper and lead a team in search of an enemy sniper. You people are whining again...whining about something you don't know...and would not understand if you knew.

Saving lives with 1 shot fired is heroic. saving lives period is heroic no matter how they are saved. Oh my god I'm going to fucking lose it guys.... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you fucking with me??????????????????? i want the truth. Where the fuck is the damn logic in your argument? It's like listen to sarah palin the other night and saying, "what?"

According to you. Not according to those who are heroic.

I just took enough medication to make me high for the next 24 hours and enough sleeping pills to knock out an elephant. I ahve no clue when i will wake up and there's no point in setting my alarm because I wont hear the damn thing. I will finally be at peace today. See before I get to crazy and out of control I knock myself out cold. Plus, I ahve an ear infection and sinus infection and on some strong shit. I'll be sleeping with a smile. :)

I just took enough medication to make me high for the next 24 hours and enough sleeping pills to knock out an elephant. I ahve no clue when i will wake up and there's no point in setting my alarm because I wont hear the damn thing. I will finally be at peace today. See before I get to crazy and out of control I knock myself out cold. Plus, I ahve an ear infection and sinus infection and on some strong shit. I'll be sleeping with a smile. :)
Don't fuck up your liver, bro...

Forum List

Back