FACT CHECK: Romney met Bain partners after exit

Did you also call it a leave of absence?

:rolleyes:

nope. I called it semi-retirement....leave of absence is by no means the appropriate term for what I did....

If the sale was retroactive for vendor and client contractual purposes....which is ALSO an option out there for stock transfer....then "leave of absence" would be the appropriate term.

I dont know the terms of Romneys deal....but it very well may have been a retroactive deal.....transferring responsibilities to the "future" owner today...but no stock transfer until a later date....with the deal having a clause that he (Romeny) can back out and take over control up to the day of the fist stock for cash transfer.

You commonly see deals like that when someone opts to take a leave to go into politics...they prepare a sale...but make it retroactive with a right to back out if he loses the campaign

Romney has called it a leave of absence and Bain called it a retroactive retirement. Somewhere in there is a lie, no matter how you try to spin it.

he took a leave to run the olympics and then he decided to retire.

pretty complicated stuff :lol:

i'm more concerned about his kenyan father

so you got nothing once again, with the exception of hurt feelings.

Trust me, i am already over it.

no hurt feelings.

Romney's business was to make money. That included shipping jobs overseas.

And lie about it.

If you like that stuff..vote romney.

Simple as that.

the only one lying is you and democrats.

Well..you might want to expand on that a wee bit.

And why is Romney so "embarrassed" and/or disgusted with what happened to a company he owned, was the President of..and the CEO..that he disavows all of it's activities?

Huh?

Feel free.

i have the advantage of not giving a flying fuck so i don't have to read every wingnut source on both sides.

my understanding is that if he was involved in the day to day activities of bain after he said he had retired or whatever you want to call it, he'd be open to being indicted for a felony.

no indictment to me means he's not lying.

but you're certainly welcome to continue to bloviate about it.

hell, have a chick fil-a while you're at it.

Which may be why he is desperate not to release more tax returns.

:lol: whatever.....we already know he received 100K a year form Bain while he was on leave etc..what do you SUPPOSE a tax return would tell us, well you..?
I do not know, but financial columnists from Bloomberg and the WSJ have speculated that his returns could shed a light on his post-1999 Bain dealings.

Unlike wingnuts, I defer to experts in their fields.

nope. I called it semi-retirement....leave of absence is by no means the appropriate term for what I did....

If the sale was retroactive for vendor and client contractual purposes....which is ALSO an option out there for stock transfer....then "leave of absence" would be the appropriate term.

I dont know the terms of Romneys deal....but it very well may have been a retroactive deal.....transferring responsibilities to the "future" owner today...but no stock transfer until a later date....with the deal having a clause that he (Romeny) can back out and take over control up to the day of the fist stock for cash transfer.

You commonly see deals like that when someone opts to take a leave to go into politics...they prepare a sale...but make it retroactive with a right to back out if he loses the campaign

Romney has called it a leave of absence and Bain called it a retroactive retirement. Somewhere in there is a lie, no matter how you try to spin it.

I thought Romney's father was Mexican.

Which may be why he is desperate not to release more tax returns.

yeah, because federal investigators couldn't get access to them without his permission. :rolleyes:

i smell flop sweat. :lol:

want a mulligan on that?
This post makes no sense. Sorry. :dunno:

i'll use little words and try to 'splain it to you.

if he was the subject of a felony investigation, federal investigators would subpoena his tax records.

so to say that he's not releasing them to avoid a felony charge is, um, well, it's not real bright.

Did you also call it a leave of absence?

:rolleyes:

You can make it a lie if you really trry hard.

But look at it this way.....

Romeny set up a retroactive sale...not uncommon.
He did it becuase of his Olympic commitment.

He was not 100% sure he would not come back yet...he may want to come back after the olympics...thus why he set up a retroactive sale

Therefore...since there was no transfer of stock and there is no commitment of leaving...it is a leave of absence.

In th emeantime, the purchasers refer to it as a retroactive retirement becuase they were counting on him NOT coming back.

And here we are....playing the game of semantics.

The only difference is:

I dont know if Romeny is telling the truth becuase I dont have enough information.

You are sure Romney is lying despite not having enough information.

Otherwise...you and I are on the same boat.

I thought Romney's father was Mexican.

that's what they want you to think.

Is Bain all you have and noone cares how sad is THAT? So what the guys made millions doing business, OMG he increased profits by outsourcing, because American unions jacked up labor costs.....I dont know if he did do these things, but even if he did....HINT NOONE CARES...because liberals that are rich DO THE SAME SHIT...you lose!
Because Mitt is on the record saying that he didn't.

The American people do not like to be lied to.

Then why do they vote for Obama?

:lol: That's crazy talk. There's no comparison whatsoever.

of course there isn't

:lol:

There actually..really isn't. The two are entirely different issues.

By the way..Obama is the very first President that has showed his birth certificate..and the second asked to do so.

i'm as deeply concerned about obama's bc as i am about romney and bain, but thanks for sharing.

:lol: That's crazy talk. There's no comparison whatsoever.

of course there isn't

:lol:

There actually..really isn't. The two are entirely different issues.

By the way..Obama is the very first President that has showed his birth certificate..and the second asked to do so.
Plus, the State Of Hawaii, under a Republican Governor, certified that he had a legal birth certificate from the very beginning.

Case closed. And no comparison to the potential that criminal wrongdoing could come out 2 years into a Romney Presidency.

Mitt Romney is filthy, filthy rich.

Get over it.

Mitt Romney created and ran a private equity firm, a vital part of our economic lifeblood.

Creative destruction is a key function of private equity firms.

This is understood by everyone in politics, which is why even Democrats accept money from private equity firms.

You are being bamboozled over all this attention to Bain.

It's a shiny object to distract birdbrains.

Here's what is keeping liberals awake at night: "Will Mitt Romney destroy federal jobs?"

Let's hope so!

yeah, because federal investigators couldn't get access to them without his permission. :rolleyes:

i smell flop sweat. :lol:

want a mulligan on that?

if he was the subject of a felony investigation, federal investigators would subpoena his tax records.

so to say that he's not releasing them to avoid a felony charge is, um, well, it's not real bright.
You don't have to use little words, and you don't have to be snarky. I just didn't know what you were getting at from the words you did use.

There may come a time, due to Mitt's Gold Medal Gymnastics on his dealings, where there is a Federal investigation. But I doubt it, since the mega-wealthy do not get investigated by under-funded Federal agencies unless there is Madoff-like accusations.

(see how I tied in the Olympics? No need to rep me for that. )

Mitt Romney is filthy, filthy rich.

Get over it.

Mitt Romney created and ran a private equity firm, a vital part of our economic lifeblood.

Creative destruction is a key function of private equity firms.

This is understood by everyone in politics, which is why even Democrats accept money from private equity firms.

You are being bamboozled over all this attention to Bain.

It's a shiny object to distract birdbrains.

That's the only part of this I will agree with..

And Romney should take the credit for it.

You don't have to use little words, and you don't have to be snarky. I just didn't know what you were getting at from the words you did use.

There may come a time, due to Mitt's Gold Medal Gymnastics on his dealings, where there is a Federal investigation. But I doubt it, since the mega-wealthy do not get investigated by under-funded Federal agencies unless there is Madoff-like accusations.

There were no Madoff investigations.

He's the one who begged them to arrest him..after his investors started getting wind that things may not be right.

Is Bain all you have and noone cares how sad is THAT? So what the guys made millions doing business, OMG he increased profits by outsourcing, because American unions jacked up labor costs.....I dont know if he did do these things, but even if he did....HINT NOONE CARES...because liberals that are rich DO THE SAME SHIT...you lose!
Because Mitt is on the record saying that he didn't.

The American people do not like to be lied to.

Well, they sure are used to it.

Between Obama, Reid, Pelosi, Ried, Shultz, Hannity, Limbaugh, Maddow, Sharpton, and O'dick(The last lie)...they should be used to it.

There were no Madoff investigations.

He's the one who begged them to arrest him..after his investors started getting wind that things may not be right.
That's right!

Forum List

Back