FACT CHECK: Romney met Bain partners after exit

and what leads you to believe that's a lie?

meetings =/= making decisions

Staying on as CEO, continuing to be paid a salary, and then retroactively retiring.

Walks like a duck.

I am sitting here in my home office typing away on this forum.

I am no longer running the company I sold in January. I still own 80% of the stock and will own 60% next year...40% the year after...and so on.

I am still laneled as the President of the corporation and must sign the corp returns....and will only do so AFTER the independent auditor approves them as accurate

I still get a small salary by law...my names are still on contracts with vendors and clients.....and I am personally responsible for the satisdsfaction of the venodr contracts.

I do not have access to the books by contract...but an indepoendant auditor does if I suspect wrong doing..such as a vendor not getting paid in a timely fashion.

By contract, I can not represent myself as the owner nor can I interrupt daily activities of the company.

I can offer advice if I wish.....but i will not for it could open the door for the new owner to sue me if my advice went bad.

The new owner has a contractual obligation to meet with me nop less than 10 times a year until all stock is transferred or all contrects with my name expire and shjow me that all vendor obligations are up to date.

It only walks like a duck to you becuase you dont understand what a sale with no or partial stock transfer at signing is all about.
Romney can solve all this by releasing the paperwork regarding the sale of Bain. But since it was called a "retroactive retirement" I'm betting he won't.

and yet with no evidence, you've decided romney did have a role in decision making after he left.

laughable
But there is evidence. By year three, he is still listed as sole stockholder, president, and CEO.

And there are documents that have come out that have shown his involvement during that time.

I'm surprised that you are acting as if you know nothing about this, Sgt. Schultz! :lol:

i have the advantage of not giving a flying fuck so i don't have to read every wingnut source on both sides.

my understanding is that if he was involved in the day to day activities of bain after he said he had retired or whatever you want to call it, he'd be open to being indicted for a felony.

no indictment to me means he's not lying.

but you're certainly welcome to continue to bloviate about it.

hell, have a chick fil-a while you're at it.

Which may be why he is desperate not to release more tax returns.

ROMNEY: Jan, I had no involvement with the management of Bain Capital after February of 1999.

and what leads you to believe that's a lie?

meetings =/= making decisions

He also said, "I was an owner, and being a shareholder doesn't mean you're running the business." He said he couldn't recall attending any Bain management meetings after he moved to Salt Lake City to oversee the Olympic Games.
Romney: No role in Bain management after 1999 - Yahoo! News

That.

How do you not "recall" getting on a plane to boston and meeting with Business partners?
Have you ever noticed that politicians have really shitty memories? :lol:

Staying on as CEO, continuing to be paid a salary, and then retroactively retiring.

Walks like a duck.

I am no longer running the company I sold in January. I still own 80% of the stock and will own 60% next year...40% the year after...and so on.

I am still laneled as the President of the corporation and must sign the corp returns....and will only do so AFTER the independent auditor approves them as accurate

I still get a small salary by law...my names are still on contracts with vendors and clients.....and I am personally responsible for the satisdsfaction of the venodr contracts.

I do not have access to the books by contract...but an indepoendant auditor does if I suspect wrong doing..such as a vendor not getting paid in a timely fashion.

By contract, I can not represent myself as the owner nor can I interrupt daily activities of the company.

I can offer advice if I wish.....but i will not for it could open the door for the new owner to sue me if my advice went bad.

The new owner has a contractual obligation to meet with me nop less than 10 times a year until all stock is transferred or all contrects with my name expire and shjow me that all vendor obligations are up to date.

It only walks like a duck to you becuase you dont understand what a sale with no or partial stock transfer at signing is all about.
Romney can solve all this by releasing the paperwork regarding the sale of Bain. But since it was called a "retroactive retirement" I'm betting he won't.

Mine is also deemed as a retroactive retirement...becasue by contract I amn still majority share holder and will be for 2 moire years...and minority holder for a total of 5 years....and I MUST get a salary...albeit a small one.

If my mother begged me to release the contract for her reading pleasure, I could not as it is deemed private and not just mine...but the person I signed it with as well.

I wouild need to get a release from the one who I sold it to.

And I highly doubt those Romeny sold Bain to want the contract out in public.

But there is evidence. By year three, he is still listed as sole stockholder, president, and CEO.

And there are documents that have come out that have shown his involvement during that time.

I'm surprised that you are acting as if you know nothing about this, Sgt. Schultz! :lol:

i have the advantage of not giving a flying fuck so i don't have to read every wingnut source on both sides.

my understanding is that if he was involved in the day to day activities of bain after he said he had retired or whatever you want to call it, he'd be open to being indicted for a felony.

yeah, because federal investigators couldn't get access to them without his permission. :rolleyes:

i smell flop sweat. :lol:

want a mulligan on that?

:lol: whatever.....we already know he received 100K a year form Bain while he was on leave etc..what do you SUPPOSE a tax return would tell us, well you..?

Mine is also deemed as a retroactive retirement...becasue by contract I amn still majority share holder and will be for 2 moire years...and minority holder for a total of 5 years....and I MUST get a salary...albeit a small one.

If my mother begged me to release the contract for her reading pleasure, I could not as it is deemed private and not just mine...but the person I signed it with as well.

Did you also call it a leave of absence?

:rolleyes:

Romney met Bain partners after exit

And...... What? Just speculation.. Oh my..........

He has said, he didn't. Or that old Reagan carnard.."I don't recall.."

So you got nothing once again, with the exception of hurt feelings.

Trust me, I am already over it.

No hurt feelings.

Romney's business was to make money. That included shipping jobs overseas.

And lie about it.

If you like that stuff..vote Romney.

Simple as that.

Nope...nopt saying that.

You see...I am staying on topic.

The topic of this thread was about the fact that Mitt was still meeting with Bain even though he said he had no role.

Sallow made a point that it was PROOF that he was lying...

SO I used my situation as an example of how those meetings in noi way are proof of anything.

Why?

Becuase those meetings may very well be Mitt ensuring that the terms and obligations of the sale were being met properly.

My contract has the buyer promising to offer me certain information as it pertains to the deal no less than 10 times a year IN PERSON and with no more than 45 days between each meeting...this allows me to never be more than 30 days in arrears with a vendor.

So again...not saying that is what Mitt was doing....but it most certainly could have.....tasking away the CERTAINTY that the meetings were proof Mitt lied.

So now...what were you saying?
Since you insist on being obtuse, I will make it really simple for you:

Is the CEO of a company ultimately responsible for what that company does?

Yes or no.

Consider this a test of your honesty. Don't blow it.

Yes....

Thank you.

but a sale contract may relieve him of such...for a CEO in many cases stays a CEO based on majority holding....but contractually not permitted to oversee day to day...
You'll have to back that one up. I'm sorry, but the triple whammy of sole stockholder/President/CEO screams "Boss".

And the American public understands that.

Now...a test of your honesty...have you ever been a business owner where you owned 100% of the shares...and then sold the company?

No.

Last edited:

:lol: whatever.....we already know he received 100K a year form Bain while he was on leave etc..what do you SUPPOSE a tax return would tell us, well you..?

He got asked the other day about the question of whether he paid any tax some years or not. Skipped right over that one.

:lol:

maybe he'll release it after he's been in office a couple of years like obama did with his birth certificate

bainer = birfer, imo
Wow.

kaneclap.gif

he has said, he didn't. Or that old reagan carnard.."i don't recall.."

so you got nothing once again, with the exception of hurt feelings.

Trust me, i am already over it.

no hurt feelings.

Romney's business was to make money. That included shipping jobs overseas.

And lie about it.

If you like that stuff..vote romney.

Simple as that.

the only one lying is you and democrats.

nope. I called it semi-retirement....leave of absence is by no means the appropriate term for what I did....

If the sale was retroactive for vendor and client contractual purposes....which is ALSO an option out there for stock transfer....then "leave of absence" would be the appropriate term.

I dont know the terms of Romneys deal....but it very well may have been a retroactive deal.....transferring responsibilities to the "future" owner today...but no stock transfer until a later date....with the deal having a clause that he (Romeny) can back out and take over control up to the day of the fist stock for cash transfer.

You commonly see deals like that when someone opts to take a leave to go into politics...they prepare a sale...but make it retroactive with a right to back out if he loses the campaign

nope. I called it semi-retirement....leave of absence is by no means the appropriate term for what I did....

If the sale was retroactive for vendor and client contractual purposes....which is ALSO an option out there for stock transfer....then "leave of absence" would be the appropriate term.

I dont know the terms of Romneys deal....but it very well may have been a retroactive deal.....transferring responsibilities to the "future" owner today...but no stock transfer until a later date....with the deal having a clause that he (Romeny) can back out and take over control up to the day of the fist stock for cash transfer.

You commonly see deals like that when someone opts to take a leave to go into politics...they prepare a sale...but make it retroactive with a right to back out if he loses the campaign

Romney has called it a leave of absence and Bain called it a retroactive retirement. Somewhere in there is a lie, no matter how you try to spin it.

maybe he'll release it after he's been in office a couple of years like obama did with his birth certificate

bainer = birfer, imo
:lol: That's crazy talk. There's no comparison whatsoever.

of course there isn't

:lol:

There actually..really isn't. The two are entirely different issues.

By the way..Obama is the very first President that has showed his birth certificate..and the second asked to do so.

yeah, because federal investigators couldn't get access to them without his permission. :rolleyes:

i smell flop sweat. :lol:

want a mulligan on that?
This post makes no sense. Sorry. :dunno:

Forum List

Back