FACT CHECK: Romney met Bain partners after exit

Is Bain all you have and noone cares how sad is THAT? So what the guys made millions doing business, OMG he increased profits by outsourcing, because American unions jacked up labor costs.....I dont know if he did do these things, but even if he did....HINT NOONE CARES...because liberals that are rich DO THE SAME SHIT...you lose!
Because Mitt is on the record saying that he didn't.

The American people do not like to be lied to.

Well, they sure are used to it.

Between Obama, Reid, Pelosi, Ried, Shultz, Hannity, Limbaugh, Maddow, Sharpton, and O'dick(The last lie)...they should be used to it.
Go away, little one. The adults are talking.

Here's what is keeping liberals awake at night: "Will Mitt Romney destroy federal jobs?"

Let's hope so!

Eh yeah..

I'm thinking not.

If Romney did manage to get elected, you can count on Republicans in congress to start funding the states to hire cops. firemen, teachers, sanitationmen and grow government in general.

Then point to UE going down.

:clap2:

This post makes no sense. Sorry. :dunno:

i'll use little words and try to 'splain it to you.

if he was the subject of a felony investigation, federal investigators would subpoena his tax records.

so to say that he's not releasing them to avoid a felony charge is, um, well, it's not real bright.
You don't have to use little words, and you don't have to be snarky. I just didn't know what you were getting at from the words you did use.

There may come a time, due to Mitt's Gold Medal Gymnastics on his dealings, where there is a Federal investigation. But I doubt it, since the mega-wealthy do not get investigated by under-funded Federal agencies unless there is Madoff-like accusations.

(see how I tied in the Olympics? No need to rep me for that. )

if you really think that a sitting president wouldn't direct his doj to investigate the possibility that his opponent could be indicted for a felony, you're more naive than i would have believed possible.

You don't have to use little words, and you don't have to be snarky. I just didn't know what you were getting at from the words you did use.

There may come a time, due to Mitt's Gold Medal Gymnastics on his dealings, where there is a Federal investigation. But I doubt it, since the mega-wealthy do not get investigated by under-funded Federal agencies unless there is Madoff-like accusations.

There were no Madoff investigations.

He's the one who begged them to arrest him..after his investors started getting wind that things may not be right.
That's right!

But if you want to go to a real deal investigation..that would be Eliot Spitzer..who was hated by Wall Street..and had the threaten to sue the Bush administration to go after Enron.

if he was the subject of a felony investigation, federal investigators would subpoena his tax records.

so to say that he's not releasing them to avoid a felony charge is, um, well, it's not real bright.

if you really think that a sitting president wouldn't direct his doj to investigate the possibility that his opponent could be indicted for a felony, you're more naive than i would have believed possible.

Oh yeah..that would be smart.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No one would see through that one.

Yeah, they were pretty clear that he was trying to negotiate his retirement and make all the formal arrangements to transition him out of the company.

Not really a secret.
Which is a different issue. Try to keep up.

Odd, you didnt bother reading your own link did you? Because it specifically says that he stayed in contact for that reason.

no one would know unless he was indicted, and if he was indicted, no one would care.

are you sure you live in a city? in america? in the 21st century?

no one would know unless he was indicted, and if he was indicted, no one would care.

are you sure you live in a city? in america? in the 21st century?

They wouldn't KNOW?

:lol:

Emu, please.

Last edited:

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney has said he had no active role in Bain Capital, the private equity firm he founded, after he exited in February 1999 to take over Salt Lake City's Winter Olympics bid. But according to Bain associates and others familiar with Romney's actions at the time, he stayed in regular contact with his partners over the following months, tending to his partnership interests and negotiating his separation from the company.

Those familiar with Romney's discussions with his Bain partners said the contacts included several meetings in Boston, the company's home base, but were limited to matters that did not affect the firm's investments or other management decisions. Yet Romney continued to oversee his partnership stakes even as he disengaged from the firm, personally signing or approving a series of corporate and legal documents through the spring of 2001, according to financial reports reviewed by The Associated Press.

The details of Romney's contacts with his Bain partners between his 1999 departure and his separation from the company in mid-2001 could show how involved he was - either as CEO or passive investor - in several multimillion-dollar investment deals, bankruptcies and a spate of layoffs and overseas job shifts at Bain-owned companies that reportedly occurred during that span. Romney's role became a campaign issue in recent weeks because corporate records from the time showed his interests in some of those deals - despite his insistence that he gave up any decision-making authority once he left Bain.

*snip*

Zzzzzzzzzzzz.......... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz..................Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..................Zzzzzzzzzzzz

It sure is! :lol:

Not does show, could show .... nothing concrete ... could show ... might be .... could be ... we don't know we're just winging it here. It took several years to negotiate and unwind Romney from Bain, as these things tend to go like that. This article states why he was still 'involved' at Bain but since they can't manipulate those facts to make Romney look bad, they throw in the 'could show we're just supposin' and coming up with our own theories ... hopin' no one will notice that we've got bupkis and are basically just seeing what will stick'.

:eusa_hand:

True. "Could show", if we can get those documents released. In other words, there is enough circumstantial evidence that Mitt lied. Enough to want to see more to determine if he indeed lied.

It sure looks like he did. He can clear it up and clear his name. What's stopping him? He must have something to hide.

Just like his tax returns. He must have something to hide.

No, what all this Bain stuff is is Obama trying to distract from his moronic "you didn't build that" flub.

Pssst, it's not working.

Not does show, could show .... nothing concrete ... could show ... might be .... could be ... we don't know we're just winging it here. It took several years to negotiate and unwind Romney from Bain, as these things tend to go like that. This article states why he was still 'involved' at Bain but since they can't manipulate those facts to make Romney look bad, they throw in the 'could show we're just supposin' and coming up with our own theories ... hopin' no one will notice that we've got bupkis and are basically just seeing what will stick'.

True. "Could show", if we can get those documents released. In other words, there is enough circumstantial evidence that Mitt lied. Enough to want to see more to determine if he indeed lied.

It sure looks like he did. He can clear it up and clear his name. What's stopping him? He must have something to hide.

No, what all this Bain stuff is is Obama trying to distract from his moronic "you didn't build that" flub.

Pssst, it's not working.

Bainthers are committed to their belief in the unknown...:lol:

of course there isn't

:lol:

There actually..really isn't. The two are entirely different issues.

By the way..Obama is the very first President that has showed his birth certificate..and the second asked to do so.
Plus, the State Of Hawaii, under a Republican Governor, certified that he had a legal birth certificate from the very beginning.

Case closed. And no comparison to the potential that criminal wrongdoing could come out 2 years into a Romney Presidency.

:lmao:

Now we talk "potential" criminal wrongdoing. What about the "potential" criminal wrongdoing for Fast and Furious?

I want you to keep pushing this all the way to the election, this will surely seal Obama's victory.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney has said he had no active role in Bain Capital, the private equity firm he founded, after he exited in February 1999 to take over Salt Lake City's Winter Olympics bid. But according to Bain associates and others familiar with Romney's actions at the time, he stayed in regular contact with his partners over the following months, tending to his partnership interests and negotiating his separation from the company.

Those familiar with Romney's discussions with his Bain partners said the contacts included several meetings in Boston, the company's home base, but were limited to matters that did not affect the firm's investments or other management decisions. Yet Romney continued to oversee his partnership stakes even as he disengaged from the firm, personally signing or approving a series of corporate and legal documents through the spring of 2001, according to financial reports reviewed by The Associated Press.

The details of Romney's contacts with his Bain partners between his 1999 departure and his separation from the company in mid-2001 could show how involved he was - either as CEO or passive investor - in several multimillion-dollar investment deals, bankruptcies and a spate of layoffs and overseas job shifts at Bain-owned companies that reportedly occurred during that span. Romney's role became a campaign issue in recent weeks because corporate records from the time showed his interests in some of those deals - despite his insistence that he gave up any decision-making authority once he left Bain.

*snip*
Reading comprehension is essential.

It sure is! :lol:
Even as he disengaged.

You really need practice at it.

Let Me summarize it for you.

Romney was NOT running Bain Capital during that time.

Got it yet?

headbanger.gif

Romney's role became a campaign issue in recent weeks because corporate records from the time showed his interests in some of those deals - despite his insistence that he gave up any decision-making authority once he left Bain.

You really should stop whacking your head like that...although it explains a lot...:D
I see that you only ignore rudeness in one direction.
Lighten up!
You can't take a bit of teasing cause of the headbanger you put in the post?

I think you're the one being naive. If Obama were to direct Holder to investigate his opponent for a possible felony, all hell would break loose. Every single wingnut in Congress and the media would be screaming to high heaven that it was all about politics. They would turn it into an indictment of Barack Obama. And the commercials they would run! Talk about charges of "Chicago Politics"! They would be saying "he knows he can't beat him at the polls, so he is instructing his DoJ to be his political attack dog".

You know I'm right.

Plus, the Executive cannot legally order the DoJ to do it's bidding. So there would also be legitimate charges of overstepping his authority.

You know I'm right about that, too.

flower.gif

There were no Madoff investigations.

He's the one who begged them to arrest him..after his investors started getting wind that things may not be right.
That's right!

But if you want to go to a real deal investigation..that would be Eliot Spitzer..who was hated by Wall Street..and had the threaten to sue the Bush administration to go after Enron.
I still believe Spitzer was set up. They knew that there was a house of cards, and he was in the way.

Too bad he fell for it. But he could make a comeback. If Diaper David Vitter can survive his sex scandal, anyone can, including Spitzer. Including Weiner.

Pssst, it's not working.
The "Bain stuff" pre-dates the twisting of the President's words.

NEXT!

Pssst, it's not working.

Bainthers are committed to their belief in the unknown...:lol:
^^^^^
OK, looks like the morons are taking over this thread. May be time to leave it to the retards.

Forum List

Back