Fact about d day.....thousands of Americans died because

There should not have been even a living bug on those few beaches where US troops landed. This was one of the biggest fuckups of all time. There were only dozens of German machine gun slots slaughtering boys. Wouldn't a thousand 500lb bombs have cleared the way

On Netflix and Amazon Prime there are numerous excellent documentaries on this very topic. Do yourself a favor and educate yourself.

plans-dwight-d-eisenhower-M.jpg

There was no Arial bombardment of the German positions on the beach, Ike the moron thought it would give away the attack. Ike killed those boys

You lie. I'm just trying to figure out if you're knowingly doing on purpose or because you're an effing idiot. Probably both. Time for the Ignore button.

There should not have been even a living bug on those few beaches where US troops landed. This was one of the biggest fuckups of all time. There were only dozens of German machine gun slots slaughtering boys. Wouldn't a thousand 500lb bombs have cleared the way

LIAR-S.jpg

You just offered no info to refute what I said, so it stands

Next

What was your sock before you picked this one?

You're a troll but I have no clue as to why you would pick such a sacred topic about which to show your behind. Grow up.

InternetTroll-M.jpg

Aside from the ineffective air bombardment, the naval bombardment was not effective either:

In short, a tremendous tonnage of shells hit the beaches and batteries. The results, for the most part, were terribly disappointing. As anyone who has visited the Normandy beaches will attest, this was not because of inaccurate fire, but rather the result of German skill in fortification building. Seaman Ian Michie, on HMS Orion, a cruiser, was right when he said, "Our shooting was very good and direct hits were soon being recorded. We scored thirteen direct hits on the battery before shifting target." But at Longues-sur-Mer, Pointe-du-Hoc, Port-en-Bessin, St.-Marcouf, Azeville, and the other batteries, the casemates stand today, battered but unbroken. They took many direct hits, dozens in some cases, but even the 14-inch shells failed to penetrate. The shells made pock marks, they knocked away some concrete, they exposed the steel reinforcing rods, but they did not penetrate.

Many of the German gunners inside were rendered deaf or knocked out by concussions. An official report from the Royal Navy admitted that "no serious damage either to the concrete structures or the guns in the strong points" was achieved, but pointed out that the shelling "effectively neutralized the positions by terrifying the enemy personnel in them and by preventing them from manning their weapons and firing on the troops during the landings."

That was wishful thinking. Between the lifting of the naval bombardment and the landing of the first waves, many Germans managed to man their guns and commence firing. Inaccurately, it should be added: they had no spotter planes, and the forward observation posts on the edge of the cliffs were blinded by the smoke, so although they dueled with the battleships and cruisers, sitting at anchor, they scored no hits.

The smaller batteries, pillboxes, and Tobruks, the ones right on the beach or in the bluff above Omaha, also took a pounding and survived. Those on the beach had embrasures opening to the sides, not out to sea, so as to deliver enfilading fire parallel to the shoreline while being fully protected from fire from the warships. As the first wave hit, they came to life, delivering a withering fire at the tanks and infantry.

From the point of view of the soldiers going ashore, the great naval bombardment was as ineffective as the great air bombardment. According to Admiral Morison, the reason was "not enough time was allowed," and the fault was the Army's, not the Navy's, because the Army did not wish the bombardment to start before daylight. In Morison's opinion, H-Hour should have been postponed to 0730 "to give naval gunfire more time to play on beach defenses."

Stephen E. Ambrose, author, "D-Day June 6 1944"

Them big Navy guns never did hit squat, they likely killed more sailors then enemy
I am going to make a guess that no matter what anyone proves, provides, or shows you will never change your mind as that would be to admit that you could be wrong.

For such a supposed screwup the military still uses DDay as a remarkable example of a successful invasion. While there were small problems and mistakes the shear size and scope of the invasion, the timing was absolutely remarkable.

If they didn't call it a remarkable invasion they would be admitting letting 4000 BOYS die. The fact is that 7000 planes could not see their targets due to low cloud cover, D day was a fuckup
Look little child I realize that being such a special child and riding the short bus has it advantages. But to keep spouting even stupid fiqures that you yourself have admitted are not true shows just how much you are willing to lie to keep your fantasy alive. 7000 planes were not all bombers. Some were fighters, fighters do not carry bombs. Some were bombers used as troop transports, they carried no bombs. Some were nothing more then gliders, not only did they not carry bombs they could barely stay airborn with their human cargo. The gliders were I fact built by casket companies and were referred to as flying coffins.

Unfortunately people die in any war it is a fact of war.

I suppose you think the moon landings were fake. That the earth is flat. And there are unicorns who fly by use of rainbows.

Funny that there have been so many on here that have actual knowledge pointing out that you are wrong. There are some using sources to point out that you are wrong. There are those that have actual combat experience that point out you are wrong. Yet with nothing other then a stubborn need to yell not true you have shown no sources, no experience, nothing to prove your point.

At a TERRIBLY HIGH COST. It didn't have to be that way. Our troops were used as cannon fodder like the troops in WWI. We should have learned something over the years between the wars. Yes, we won IN SPITE of the awful tactics.

Then we put up medium tanks (M4's) designed for troop support against far superior armor so they could get slaughtered after the beach was secured. The only thing that eventually saved us was air supremacy as the Luftwaffe was gone. Little fuel, very few qualified pilots.

It sure is a shame that General Eisenhower didn't have you to advise him.

plans-dwight-d-eisenhower-M.jpg

I was wondering why Trump spoke in such a careful mono tone. So slow and deliberate. And why he was only looking at one spot and then another spot. And then they brought the camera out and I realized he was reading off the teleprompters.
Such an important speech and he was reading off the teleprompters.
Remember how they endlessly talked about Obama using teleprompters when he only used one occasionally? Or Hillary using a Teleprompter when she only used one occasionally? Trump uses teleprompters to keep him from embarrassing the country. And he still embarrasses the country. They hate him in Europe.

As you know, and it must have been frustrating to you, even Democrats are hailing the speech as being excellent. Of course, then there are people like yourself.

Failed former President Barack Hussein Obama could not speak without a teleprompter. Below is a photo of President Obama speaking in a sixth-grade classroom. Below that is a video of one speech, by President Obama making it onto the David Letterman show.

ObamaTelepromptersforSixthGraders-S.jpg

Other than they might be gluttons for punishment, I have no clue as to why anyone responded to the Troll Frannie. That became obvious after the first two pages.

Granted, WW-II has been sort of a hobby with me but I am still disappointed by how many posters have no clue as to the facts surrounding the war. Frannie, intentionally leading the pack with lies and misinformation. Such a shame.

D8YsnTEXoAAeX2M

I was wondering why Trump spoke in such a careful mono tone. So slow and deliberate. And why he was only looking at one spot and then another spot. And then they brought the camera out and I realized he was reading off the teleprompters.
Such an important speech and he was reading off the teleprompters.
Remember how they endlessly talked about Obama using teleprompters when he only used one occasionally? Or Hillary using a Teleprompter when she only used one occasionally? Trump uses teleprompters to keep him from embarrassing the country. And he still embarrasses the country. They hate him in Europe.

D8Qqa1_WkAA8Jum

Remember how they endlessly talked about Obama using teleprompters when he only used one occasionally?

Occasionally? Are you kidding?
Whenever he went without one, Obama was reduced to a mumbling fuck.

and the left are shitting on their graves today with the open borders act they've created. Amazing, we keep letting the left control our country and destroy the memories of those who died to make it the great country it was.
Same enemy. Both D-day and today we are fighting against the left and their policies.

Don't you think that your Party Particianship can be left out on this? War is neither Right nor Left to the Dead and the Survivors. And both of those are my Brothers and Sisters.

Remember how they endlessly talked about Obama using teleprompters when he only used one occasionally?

Ah, revisionism, nothing finer.

and the left are shitting on their graves today with the open borders act they've created. Amazing, we keep letting the left control our country and destroy the memories of those who died to make it the great country it was.
Same enemy. Both D-day and today we are fighting against the left and their policies.

Don't you think that your Party Particianship can be left out on this? War is neither Right nor Left to the Dead and the Survivors. And both of those are my Brothers and Sisters.
The day left wing ideals are wiped from the face of the earth I will stop bringing it up.

I suggest you all read Churchill's books visa vi WW11
He was given the Nobel Prize for literature.
There will always be a debate about every battle ever recorded in history.
Maybe it was Churchill who said: "The victors of the battle write it's history".
So who the fuck cares? We aren't all speaking high german and there still exists negroes/Slovakians/Jews/ East Indians/Asians/Gauls/American Indians/the 'free press'/gays/muslims................you name them. The continent of Africa would be devoid of human beings.
If Hitler had his way the only people on earth today would be 'pure laine' Germans.
Not that he was of course.

The day left wing ideals are wiped from the face of the earth I will stop bringing it up.

The day you stop bringing it up when we are mourning our dead is the day we won't need to mourn out dead anymore.

The day you stop bringing it up when we are mourning our dead is the day we won't need to mourn out dead anymore.
Sometimes shit sounds better in your head. You should have left it there.

Sometimes shit sounds better in your head. You should have left it there.

Time to thin the Gene Pool. Have a nice day.

Ah, revisionism, nothing finer.

Why then was there the TOTUS?

President Barack Obama’s teleprompter, also known as TOTUS, is perhaps one of Obama’s closest companions — always present at presidential events, speeches and campaign stops. The president’s fondness for the device has been the subject of plenty of jokes – just this week, Rick Santorum went as far as to say “it should be illegal to read off a teleprompter.”

Here’s POLITICO’s look back at some memorable jabs about Obama’s TOTUS:

1. “I have to admit, I was a little nervous when I looked out here. I saw all the TV cameras and a teleprompter. I figured President Obama must be here, giving another speech about raising taxes!” - Florida Gov. Rick Scott (Sept. 2011)

2. “What am I going to tell the president when I tell him his teleprompter is broken? What will he do then?” – Vice President Joe Biden after one of his teleprompters blew over in the wind (May 2009)

3. “I believe that I can tell the truth without notes better than he can dissemble on a teleprompter.” – Newt Gingrich (Jan. 2012)

4. “The president couldn’t find anywhere to set up a teleprompter to announce new taxes.” - Sen. Marco Rubio (Feb. 2010)

5. “You set up a presidential podium and a teleprompter in a sixth grade classroom? ‘Here’s what health care means to you. Let’s say you developed, coo-ties.’ … That’s not a great photo-op in a middle school classroom, just like if you delivered an Oval Office speech from your nap mat!” - Jon Stewart (March 2010)

6. “I think we’ve confirmed you can’t govern from a teleprompter.” – Sen. Jim DeMint (Feb. 2010)

7. “President Obama’s teleprompter was stolen. Police are on the lookout for a thief that’s eloquent and spreading a message of hope.” - Conan O’Brien (Oct. 2011)

8. “He speaks well. He reads the teleprompter well.” – Mitt Romney (Nov. 2008)

9. “After that, I promised I would never again use President Obama’s teleprompter.” – Rep. Michele Bachmann, explaining an earlier misspeak (May 2011)

10. “We had people talking about how the next era of hope and change was sweeping aside our values and principles. Hope and change and teleprompters.” Former Gov. Tim Pawlenty (Feb. 2010)

10 best Obama teleprompter jokes

Forum List

Back