Facebook IPO

:lol:

love it, so it begins...

Facebook brags on its home page that it's "free and always will be," but it quietly launched a test in New Zealand this month for an option called Highlight that gives users the chance to pay two New Zealand dollars (about U.S. $1.50) to ensure that friends see their post by keeping it toward the top of the friends' feed.

Crovitz: Will Regulators Unfriend Facebook? - WSJ.com

a blatant rip off of a google ad feature....zero points for creativity.

FB closes up $0.23. My guess - and it is just a guess - is that the stock will be significantly lower than the $38 IPO price within the next few days/months.

I would agree...after all the hype and headlines all it did was remain flat? As a comparison Google went up $15.34 on the first day.
I'm thinking some facebook employees just got wealthy and will deposit their checks as soon as possible.

they have a 6 month wait period I believe, but, its 'free' money so to speak, unless they took options in lieu of salary ( or took short money) of course.

Well...it is now selling below intro-price.
I was reading a report that came out Thursday that stated that valuation of FaceBook is more than Dell and Ebay...combined. All based on a "belief" that advertising will get better. - Even though it is well known that Facebook has a strained relationship with advertisers, and the largess of their members are below 21 years old...who don't have any money.

Anyone buying FB now is catching a falling knife.....earnings report in 3 months..Zuckerberg better hope its good......the question is "how low will it go?". :lol:

Anyone have any opinion about this?

All they have been talking about is this IPO on CNBC. I remember missing out on the Google IPO and that one shot up. I can't buy the IPO, but maybe it will still be in play like Google was in the secondary market.

Seen plenty of IPOs go bust..even the company I use to work for..NYX. That use to trade above 80 bucks..today it's at 25.

I'm sure there is a way to figure the price for the IPO
Seemed a bit over the top for me.
It should have gone for 20-25...
I think people believed in the hype.
They don't make anything.
They produce nothing.
No way this should have happened in today's
Obama and his henchman blame Wall Street for everything climate.
The underwriters went for the gold and screwed the pooch.

Forum List

Back