Romney Has An IRA Account?

the_savage

Rookie
Jun 27, 2011
And it's worth upwards of $100 million?

That's wrong. That is a retirement account for middle class people to set aside a nest egg, no more than $5000 a year invested, but here is Romney getting a tax free ride. And how the hell did it get so big?

Corruption

Obama's Treasury Secretary admitted that he cheated on his tax returns. Romney took advantage of the tax law to make money. Which guy do you want arrest?

Obama's Treasury Secretary admitted that he cheated on his tax returns. Romney took advantage of the tax law to make money. Which guy do you want arrest?

Both! IRAs are not for super wealthy, northern stock jobbers to hide their wealth in. They are for the middle class. Romney is as corrupt as the day is long

Don't we have equality here? Or do we have one law for the poor and one law for the rich? Why not just pass a law saying that people with incomes over a certain amount can't have IRA's at all. Just prohibit them.

Both! IRAs are not for super wealthy, northern stock jobbers to hide their wealth in. They are for the middle class. Romney is as corrupt as the day is long

Corrupt? For being smart enough to take advantage of the tax laws?

My, you really are an hysterical twit.

It seems like there are individuals who believe that Americans with money should be subject to different laws than anyone else. A bank account that is available to everyone should have a dollar amount limit beyond which the wealthy may not go. An IRA should be available to everyone except those designated as wealthy by the communist government.

That's wrong. That is a retirement account for middle class people to set aside a nest egg, no more than $5000 a year invested, but here is Romney getting a tax free ride. And how the hell did it get so big?

Corruption

When he was making less than 112K a year he was eligible to deposit in an IRA.

And it's not really for middle class people as you can see by the rather low income limits if a husband and wife both make 56K a year they can no longer deposit to an IRA.

BTW IRAs are not the deal you think they are.

You defer taxes sure but when you withdraw the money (and the government tells you how much you have to withdraw every year) ALL the money is taxed as regular income.

Where if you invested after tax dollars only the growth would be taxed as capital gains.

Jealosy abounds here . with some posters
wish i could do the same as romney the tax laws are the same for everybody . once you stast giving the BIG BROTHER GOVT power to regulate who can & who cannot own iIRA you open the door to more resticttions some of which my affect yourself keep govt out of your bank accounts
Rommey is a rich bitch but there are just as many democrats in the same league they just dont have to declare cus they are not running (( sometimes thats the reason why )

http://newamericangazette.com/wp-co...mpaign-Contributions-of-20-richest-people.pdf

There is a sense that the rich should not have bank accounts at all. If they have enough money to put in a bank account, they have too much money and the government should seize it.

Corruption

Yeah, I"ve got one too. So does my da and it's a hella lot more than mine. He's worked longer and better then me. Now that Romney, hes no dummy and so I hope you have one too.

an IRA can get that big because you can control what's in it. So if you day trade with your IRA account, you could conceivable make it that big. It would take some skill though, he probably has a buddy managing it for him.

There is a sense that the rich should not have bank accounts at all. If they have enough money to put in a bank account, they have too much money and the government should seize it.

well that's just silly. I have enough to put in a bank account, should they take my money too? no, of course not.

The money in regular IRAs is taxed when take money out of it.
There is a Roth IRA and when you take money out of it there are not taxes.
However, their are rules governing both of these.

"That is a retirement account for middle class people to set aside a nest egg, no more than $5000 a year invested, but here is Romney getting a tax free ride. And how the hell did it get so big?"

Where did you find such a statement regarding who IRAs are suppose to be for?
It certainly does not sound plausible.

Last edited:
Here's a little historic perspective, when the current Attorney General worked for Clinton as an assistant A.G. he set up the details of a pardon for the most notorious corporate criminal in history at that time. Marc Rich was on the FBI's 10 most wanted when Holder arranged for Clinton to pardon him in exchange for a "donation" of a million dollars from Rich's wife to the Clinton library. Maybe a couple of bucks more in Holder's pocket but the liberal media didn't really care. What is more shocking, pardons for money or a republican candidate's legal IRA account?

So far, the worst libs have come up with is that Romney has an IRA, his friends own a NASCAR team and his wife drives a cadillac. What disappoints me the most is that his wife drives an American car.

Corruption

You know next to nothing about IRAs and you have not educated yourself about them. Obviously, you either do not know how to do the research or you just don't
want to do it.

Corruption

It's corrupt setting up an IRA?

:cuckoo:

Do you know what happens when you withdrawal any of your funds? I'm just wondering the depth of your confusion.

Forum List

Back