External Redirect? Is this the new normal?

It's ridiculous.

I don't like it.

I also don't like the fact that my posted links are disappearing when I go back to the OP to check on them. Are we only allowed one look at links now?

How does that jibe with the requirement that we post links for quoted material?

Some more really well thought out programming, usmb. Flipping idiots.

We've come across some unscrupulous spammers across our network posting links to malware sites. Unsuspecting members can hit these links and we're not about to let that happen.

The wild wild west is changing folks and spammers are getting more and more savy. If you haven't already noticed you will soon notice a lot of large sites are moving over to this system. Yes its an extra click, but we are more concerned with members safety while on USMB.

It's ridiculous.

I don't like it.

I also don't like the fact that my posted links are disappearing when I go back to the OP to check on them. Are we only allowed one look at links now?

How does that jibe with the requirement that we post links for quoted material?

Some more really well thought out programming, usmb. Flipping idiots.
links shouldn't disappear KG. I think what's happening is the link is incomplete or broken. I can check tomorrow if broken/incomplete links are automatically removed. If not I'll contact you via PM to look into this

We've come across some unscrupulous spammers across our network posting links to malware sites. Unsuspecting members can hit these links and we're not about to let that happen.

The wild wild west is changing folks and spammers are getting more and more savy. If you haven't already noticed you will soon notice a lot of large sites are moving over to this system. Yes its an extra click, but we are more concerned with members safety while on USMB.

Savvy has two Vs, savvy?

Savvy has two Vs, savvy?
vis-a-vis savy, which has only won.

I'm sorry that doesn't cut it. I don't see how an extra link is going to stop anyone from going to a malware site.

How does that stop anything, other than just being a pain in the butt?

You can bypass the redirect by right clicking the link and choosing 'open in new window'.

At least you can in Firefox in the one I just tried.

External Redirect
IRS Seizure of Assets Using Anti-Structuring Laws

You are about to leave US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum and visit a site we have no control over. Click the button below to continue towww.procedurallytaxing.com.

CONTINUE...

Don't like it :(

So, in other words, the site informs you when you are being redirected, so you can have the control and decide whether or not you want to continue, and you are bitching about this? What, is it too strenuous for you to spend 1/10th of a calorie and click just one more time?

ok....

Forum List

Back