EXPOSED: Komen VP Targeted Planned Parenthood

abortion is such a red herring issue......neither party is gonna do a thing about something the equals how much money a year for doctors?

It isn't a federal government issue. It's a doctor/patient issue. both parties use it as grandstand material and neither one is ever going to get legislation passed on the issue. It's a complete nonissue that should be left at best, tot eh state.

it can't be left to the states. nor should it.

Supremacy Clause:

Article VI, Clause 2 of the United States Constitution, known as the Supremacy Clause, establishes the U.S. Constitution, U.S. Treaties, and Federal Statutes made pursuant to the U.S. Constitution, shall be "the supreme law of the land." The text decrees these to be the highest form of law in the U.S. legal system, and mandates that all state judges must follow federal law when a conflict arises between federal law and either the state constitution or state law of any state.

Supremacy Clause - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If federal funds are given to PP then yes, tax dollars are being used to fund abortions.

Unlike you, I don't need anyone to tell me what to think.

Really? even if they set aside those dollars for other uses.... their records are impeccable...they have to be...because of people like you....which is(IMO) actually something that I am completely fine with.

But to sit here and say that if they use that money to pay for cancer screenings, wellness checkups and birth control other than abortion is still paying for abortions is ridiculous....and has been repeated ad naseum by the AM radio crowd.

By their own admission they have no separate account for their funds. It all goes into one account. So how can you or they say with any degree of honesty or certainty that no federal dollars are used for abortions?

You are merely a sheep following the herd. Perhaps one day you will learn to think for yourself.

here... read this...
</title> <meta property="og:title" content=""/> <meta property="og:type" content="article"/> <meta property="og:url" content=""/> <meta property="og:image" content=""/> <meta property="og:site_name" content="AZ Fact Check: Keeping Arizona Honest"/> <

Who's the sheep?

abortion is such a red herring issue......neither party is gonna do a thing about something the equals how much money a year for doctors?

It isn't a federal government issue. It's a doctor/patient issue. both parties use it as grandstand material and neither one is ever going to get legislation passed on the issue. It's a complete nonissue that should be left at best, tot eh state.

Supremacy Clause:

Article VI, Clause 2 of the United States Constitution, known as the Supremacy Clause, establishes the U.S. Constitution, U.S. Treaties, and Federal Statutes made pursuant to the U.S. Constitution, shall be "the supreme law of the land." The text decrees these to be the highest form of law in the U.S. legal system, and mandates that all state judges must follow federal law when a conflict arises between federal law and either the state constitution or state law of any state.

Yep. You cannot allow a state to deny a citizen a right that is "granted" by the federal government.

Really, you ignorant, redneck racist motherfucker?

See how absolutes work? I saw your Confederate flag avatar and assumed that you were stupid, have 12 dead cars in your trailer trash yard, hate black people and fuck your mother.... all with one picture.

You can make any assumption you like. The fact is if you are pro-choice you are by default pro-abortion, conversely if you're pro-life you are anti-abortion. There is no middle ground.

Perhaps if you can only see black and white, but the TRUTH is that nobody is "pro abortion". I am pro choice and want to see abortion kept safe, legal and RARE.

There is no grey area in this discussion. Either you are pro-life and against abortions or you are pro-choice and support abortions.

Really? even if they set aside those dollars for other uses.... their records are impeccable...they have to be...because of people like you....which is(IMO) actually something that I am completely fine with.

But to sit here and say that if they use that money to pay for cancer screenings, wellness checkups and birth control other than abortion is still paying for abortions is ridiculous....and has been repeated ad naseum by the AM radio crowd.

By their own admission they have no separate account for their funds. It all goes into one account. So how can you or they say with any degree of honesty or certainty that no federal dollars are used for abortions?

You are merely a sheep following the herd. Perhaps one day you will learn to think for yourself.

here... read this...
</title> <meta property="og:title" content=""/> <meta property="og:type" content="article"/> <meta property="og:url" content=""/> <meta property="og:image" content=""/> <meta property="og:site_name" content="AZ Fact Check: Keeping Arizona Honest"/> <

Who's the sheep?

An article by Maria Polletta proves nothing.

Supremacy Clause:

Yep. You cannot allow a state to deny a citizen a right that is "granted" by the federal government.

i wonder how they'd feel if their gun rights were impaired. would they still be saying that the states should govern? or would they rely on heller?

funny how they pick and choose.

This is interesting. Karen Handel running for governor of Georgia - with Sarah Palin in 2010.

In this Aug. 9, 2010, photo, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin speaks during a rally for Georgia
Republican gubernatorial candidate Karen Handel in Atlanta. Handel now is a VP at Susan G.
Komen for the Cure, which has pulled funding from Planned Parenthood.

Could New Komen VP Be Behind Planned Parenthood Decision? - Maggie Fox - NationalJournal.com

wow!

i'm shocked that huffpo comes out with an anonymous source accusation that might be politically motivated.

no, really

shocked

didn't see it coming at all, not from huffpo

:rofl:

This is interesting. Karen Handel running for governor of Georgia - with Sarah Palin in 2010.

In this Aug. 9, 2010, photo, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin speaks during a rally for Georgia
Republican gubernatorial candidate Karen Handel in Atlanta. Handel now is a VP at Susan G.
Komen for the Cure, which has pulled funding from Planned Parenthood.

Could New Komen VP Be Behind Planned Parenthood Decision? - Maggie Fox - NationalJournal.com

wow!

i'm shocked that huffpo comes out with an anonymous source accusation that might be politically motivated.

no, really

shocked

didn't see it coming at all, not from huffpo

:rofl:

I am shocked... shocked to find that HuffPo would do that!
clauderaincasablanca-louis-s.jpg

And there are many out there with LESS administrative overhead. Those are the ones I will donate to in the future.

According to Charity Navigator, 'many' appears to be an overstatement, although there are a few.

One in particular looks like a good bet for you...
Charity Navigator Rating - Breast Cancer Research Foundation
Program Expenses is 91.5%, with Administrative Expenses of only 2.3%. However, their total revenue was only $36 million.

Komen was at 80.5% and 11.8%, respectively, but their total revenue was considerably higher, at $311 million.

It's quite possible, although it's only an opinion, that the higher administrative costs are directly proportional to the amount of revenue generated and the people required to generate it.

I guess all I am really saying is that if you have a philosophical problem with them, that's certainly your right. But don't let the administrative cost numbers sway you.

I also like to look at what each CEO is paid...some of those organizations really bloat their CEO pay to a ridiculous extent for a "non profit". The Governor of California is paid half to run a state than some of these yahoos get to run a "non profit".

also a valid criteria.

here... read this...

Who's the sheep?

An article by Maria Polletta proves nothing.

Of course not. You aren't looking for truth and facts... you only want your ideology.

The fact is tax dollars given to PP helps fund abortions. Only the naive and stupid would suggest otherwise.

Of course not. You aren't looking for truth and facts... you only want your ideology.

The fact is tax dollars given to PP helps fund abortions. Only the naive and stupid would suggest otherwise.

Only the naive and stupid would speak in such absolutes and deny facts presented.

Does the federal government help fund PP?

Does PP perform abortions?

If the answers to both of these are "yes", then I am right and you are wrong.

Only the naive and stupid would speak in such absolutes and deny facts presented.

Only in your black and white world... a world devoid of variables. A world where A+B always equals C.

Does PP use Federal funds in the performance of abortions? No... they don't. They diligently keep their abortion clinics separate from the other services they provide. What you want to do is(figuratively speaking) throw the baby out with the bath water. 97% of what Planned Parenthood does has NOTHING to do with abortions and actually saves lives everyday. All you want to focus on is the 3% of what they do that you don't agree with.

Only in your black and white world... a world devoid of variables. A world where A+B always equals C.

Does PP use Federal funds in the performance of abortions? No... they don't. They diligently keep their abortion clinics separate from the other services they provide. What you want to do is(figuratively speaking) throw the baby out with the bath water. 97% of what Planned Parenthood does has NOTHING to do with abortions and actually saves lives everyday. All you want to focus on is the 3% of what they do that you don't agree with.

Can you provide evidence that PP does not use any federal dollars to fund abortions?

Fact is PP has admitted that federal funds are not held in a separate account, therefore there is no way that you or anyone can say with any degree of certainty that federal dollars are not used in abortion precedures.

BTW 3 percent of what they do is perform over 329,000 abortions in 2010 according to their 2010 annual report.

Forum List

Back